RCI wine policy

The latest corkage fee was only instituted last summer.

And there is plenty of anecdotal evidence on the boards since then that it is not being enforced. See my #4 post on this thread as an example

And there is plenty of anecdotal evidence on the boards since then that it is not being enforced. See my #4 post on this thread as an example

I am well aware of that. His wording somehow didn't sound (to me) like all recent cruises. But apparently they were. :)

We're going on our first cruise and my wife likes to have a glass of wine with dinner, bit doesn't drink enough to warrant buying the beverage package. I've read that RCI allows 2 bottles of wine to be brought onboard per stateroom and charges a corkage fee at the restaurants and bars to open bottle. Is this a one time fee for the first time the bottle is opened, or do you get charged every time they have to open the bottle at a different place? Can you avoid the fee if you open on your cabin for the first time and then bring to each restaurant throughout the cruise?

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Forums mobile app

My husband and I carry our wine into the dining room with us to avoid any corkage fees. I know some people are stating that no charge is assessed but I am not taking the chance one will be. Last summer our dining room steward told us there would be a corkage fee added for the bottle we brought to the dining room. I forgot to look to see if a fee actually was assessed, but after that bottle, we started carrying the second bottle's glasses of wine into the dining room with us.

Another thing that has happened is that the dining room steward tops off our glasses where as by carrying the glass in with us controls how much wine we drink during dinner. We prefer to only drink one glass with our meal, and of course we can tell our steward not to pour us more wine, but it is just easier to take the glass into the dining room.

I know what you mean. That's what I said to the sommelier about our wine glasses on our last Celebrity cruise. :D

Yup, it's just gotta be that defective glass manufacturing. Leaky wine bottle bottoms...leaky wine glass bottoms. :eek::'):wine-glass::bottle-pop:

On the cruise we are taking they don't have a refrigerator in the room. If I take a bottle of wine down earlier in the day will they chill it for me?

Yes. Your stateroom attendant will also put your bottle in a bucket of ice and keep replenishing the ice.

Maybe this would be a good forum to ask about longer cruises. We have always done 7 nights or less on Royal, with our longer sailings on Princess. We booked a 14 night European cruise on the Indy from Southampton next year.

Do they limit you to two bottles for a longer cruise, or do they have different rules for sailings in Europe? And while I am at it, is there a good place to pick up wine in Southampton before the cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

... Do they limit you to two bottles for a longer cruise, or do they have different rules for sailings in Europe? ...

Same limit regardless of length of cruise.

Maybe this would be a good forum to ask about longer cruises. We have always done 7 nights or less on Royal, with our longer sailings on Princess. We booked a 14 night European cruise on the Indy from Southampton next year.

Do they limit you to two bottles for a longer cruise, or do they have different rules for sailings in Europe? And while I am at it, is there a good place to pick up wine in Southampton before the cruise?

Same rules only allowed 2 bottles per cabin.

You can buy wine from any supermarket in Southampton.. in Britain most of our supermarket wines are a screw top, so even easier to open on the ship.

Most have offers too.. so doesn't need to cost the earth! We always bring some new Zealand savignon blanc from Sainsbury's or tesco.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

The West Quay shopping centre is very close to the port. There is a large M&S there which has a great selection of wine. As someone said most wine in England comes with screw tops now., especially the excellent New World wines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. A few more things to add to my planning notes.

With so many long port days, two bottles may last longer. Especially since DW can’t drink wine, so I have to have her bottle. Gives me something to do while she gets ready. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums