Divina re routing or cancellation options

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:24 PM.
Tucson, AZ
2,754 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Originally posted by timelordjason
But there are SO MANY many many other ports in eastern there is no reason that they HAVE to choose western or just cancel. The ports we were going to are not the only ones in fact there are some eastern ports that I would KILL to visit.
AMEN. I hope MSC realizes that.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jim

"Dad, don't worry about missing the beach, Arizona is all beach, just no water"
918 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
MSC Cruises

September 6 at 10:29am ·

Hurricane Irma has now been elevated to Category 5 and is strongly affecting ship operations across the entire Caribbean region. The state of emergency has been called across all of Florida and a number of islands in the area.

Due to these extraordinary circumstances, as the safety of our guests and crew is our number one priority, MSC Divina will now head directly to Miami where she will arrive in the morning of Thursday, September 7, ahead of the Port’s likely closure on Friday, to allow guests who wish to disembark to go home. As soon as the disembarkation is completed, the ship will sail to Cozumel (Mexico), beyond Irma’s reach, allowing those guests that wish to remain on board to continue their cruise. She will then stay alongside there until it is safe for her to return to Miami.

Guests who disembark on Thursday will receive a refund for the two days shortening of their cruise vacation and, in addition, will also get a voucher for a 25% discount on the price of a future MSC Cruises vacation. Guests who will continue the cruise after Thursday’s call to Miami will also receive the same voucher.

Due to the timing of Irma’s likely arrival to the South Florida coast, it will be impossible to complete the turnaround operation scheduled for Saturday, September 9. For this reason, we have taken the difficult decision of canceling MSC Divina’s next cruise originally scheduled to sail on that day. Guests scheduled to depart on this cruise will have the option to either be reprotected on another MSC Cruises vacation or receive a full refund as well as a 25% discount voucher on the price of a future cruise.

Please visit our website for most up-to-date information: https://goo.gl/iotC4Y
Should you have any other questions, please contact our call center at 1-877-665-4655.

Tennessee
230 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by gkbiiii
MSC Cruises

September 6 at 10:29am ·

Hurricane Irma has now been elevated to Category 5 and is strongly affecting ship operations across the entire Caribbean region. The state of emergency has been called across all of Florida and a number of islands in the area.

Due to these extraordinary circumstances, as the safety of our guests and crew is our number one priority, MSC Divina will now head directly to Miami where she will arrive in the morning of Thursday, September 7, ahead of the Port’s likely closure on Friday, to allow guests who wish to disembark to go home. As soon as the disembarkation is completed, the ship will sail to Cozumel (Mexico), beyond Irma’s reach, allowing those guests that wish to remain on board to continue their cruise. She will then stay alongside there until it is safe for her to return to Miami.

Guests who disembark on Thursday will receive a refund for the two days shortening of their cruise vacation and, in addition, will also get a voucher for a 25% discount on the price of a future MSC Cruises vacation. Guests who will continue the cruise after Thursday’s call to Miami will also receive the same voucher.

Due to the timing of Irma’s likely arrival to the South Florida coast, it will be impossible to complete the turnaround operation scheduled for Saturday, September 9. For this reason, we have taken the difficult decision of canceling MSC Divina’s next cruise originally scheduled to sail on that day. Guests scheduled to depart on this cruise will have the option to either be reprotected on another MSC Cruises vacation or receive a full refund as well as a 25% discount voucher on the price of a future cruise.

Please visit our website for most up-to-date information: https://goo.gl/iotC4Y
Should you have any other questions, please contact our call center at 1-877-665-4655.

Yes this is common knowledge and is old since they have already went to Miami on Thursday. We were talking after Irma. FUTURE cruises shortly after the weather clears.
4,338 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
.............. We were talking after Irma. FUTURE cruises shortly after the weather clears.
Looks like Jose has been upgraded to a Category 4 and Irma, which had been downgraded to a Cat 4, has now regained it's Cat 5 status.

As it roared in from the east, Irma ravaged small islands in the northeastern Caribbean, including Barbuda, St. Martin and the British and U.S. Virgin Islands, flattening homes and hospitals and ripping down trees.
But even as they came to grips with the massive destruction, residents of the islands faced the threat of another major storm, Hurricane Jose.

Jose, expected to reach the northeastern Caribbean on Saturday, was an extremely dangerous storm nearing Category 5 status, with winds of up to 250 kph, the NHC said on Friday.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea
'Would I could set sail upon the water'.

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Magnifica Sept/Oct 2017

MSC Meraviglia June 2017 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Nov 2016 (b2b)
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
Celebrity Millennium Jan 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Preziosa Mar 2015 (TA)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa Aug 2014 (YC)
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Splendida Feb 2012 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
Carnival Sensation Sept 2000
Sweden
2,292 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
But there are SO MANY many many other ports in eastern there is no reason that they HAVE to choose western or just cancel. The ports we were going to are not the only ones in fact there are some eastern ports that I would KILL to visit.
I understand what you mean and I agree that there are many other ports they can choose.

But with a short notice it might not be possible to choose many of those ports. Maybe some of the larger ports in the eastern are needed to get help in for the destroyed areas? I don't know.

I agree with you that people book eastern if they want eastern but maybe it isn't that simple.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked:
2019 MSC Divina, Caribbean, 11-nights, MSC Yacht Club deluxe suite (16027)

Completed:
2017 MSC Meraviglia, Mediterranean, 7-nights, MSC Yacht Club deluxe suite (15013)
2015 Norwegian Breakaway, Southern Caribbean, 12-nights, The Haven Penthouse (12706)
2012 Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean, 7-nights, The Haven Courtyard Penthouse (17002)
2011 Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean, 7-nights, The Haven Spa Suite (14145)
2009 Norwegian Jade, Ireland, 5-nights, Penthouse (8632)
2008 Norwegian Jewel, Transatlantic, 11-nights, Balcony (10034)
2006 Norwegian Dawn, Western Caribbean, 11-nights, Balcony (9576)
2004 Norwegian Wind, Hawaii, 11-nights, Superior Oceanview (0010)
Tennessee
230 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by sverigecruiser
I understand what you mean and I agree that there are many other ports they can choose.

But with a short notice it might not be possible to choose many of those ports. Maybe some of the larger ports in the eastern are needed to get help in for the destroyed areas? I don't know.

I agree with you that people book eastern if they want eastern but maybe it isn't that simple.
I understand the short notice thing i mean for cruises beyond the hurricanes not in the next couple week but from a month or two from now. i understand that right now they have to do what they can
Ontario
132 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Hi, we're on Divina in November, we are already assuming St Martin will be scrubbed. But we'll be really disappointed with an extra sea day.
Fantasia is cruising the Leeward islands in December etc, can we expect one of these ports to be put in as an alternative to St Martin?
Ontario
132 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Who even knows if the miami port will still be there after saturday?
NCL have cancelled all Miami sailings until further notice.
Near Tampa, Florida
3,415 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Just read today on another site from someone onboard the Divina:
Written Sunday:

"This was written on The Captain just gave his next update. Port of Miami is flooded. We were supposed to leave Cozumel at 11pm tonight. Then it was changed to 7am tomorrow morning. Now it has been changed to 3pm tomorrow afternoon" (MONDAY)

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Most of my reviews: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...mberName=tbmrt
9/16/17 MSC Divina
5/7/17 Fathom Adonia
12/9/16 Windstar Windsurf
9/10/16 Royal Caribbean Oasis of Seas
11/30/15 Celebrity Equinox
12/12/14 Celebrity Equinox
5/19/14 Caribbean Princess
12/10/13 MSC Divina
12/13/12 Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas
12/14/11 NCL Dawn
12/03/10 NCL Sky
10/16/10 NCL Sun
06/05/10 Bahamas Celebration
12/04/09 NCL Sky Bahamas
11/30/09 Royal Caribbean Majesty Bahamas
11/29/09 NCL DAWN WAS CANCELLED!
12/08/08 Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean
12/07/07 Carnival Legend Western Caribbean
6,520 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by ssmea03
Where are you seeing that NCL has cancelled all Miami sailings and by "all" how far out are you saying? They cancelled the ones over the weekend but as of now the NCL page says Escape is heading towards Miami (as of 12 pm yesterday). Escape is on the move to somewhere while Divina is still in Cozumel.

NCL did move all Eastern sailings to Western through at least November.

I'll check the NCL boards to see what info is over there.

ETA: Looks like and reports are that Escape did a CTN overnight and is heading back to Cozumel. Also looks like one of the RCCL ships did the same thing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Skyward - 1984
Princess - Pacific Princess 1985
Cunard Countess - ? 1986
Carnival - ? 1989
RCCL - ? 1994
NCL - PoA 2006
NCL - Spirit 2007
DCL - Wonder 2007
NCL - Gem 2008
DCL - Magic 2009
NCL - Star Pacific Coastal Sep 2009
NCL - Sun Baltics June 2010 12 nts
DCL - Dream Mar 2011 4 nts
DCL - Dream Apr 2011 3 nts (b2b) 9674
NCL - Star Alaska Aug 2011
NCL - Dawn Bermuda June 2012
PG - Paul Gauguin Aug 2013 726 & 728 11nts
NCL - Breakaway Mar 2014
DCL - Fantasy Aug 2014 12000
NCL - Spirit Dec 2015
NCL - POA TransPac Mar 2016
PG - Aug 2016
NCL - Gem Dec 2016
Northern Ireland
140 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Originally posted by ssmea03
Sailings over the weekend and early part of the week were cancelled but there's no indication anything else cancelled. No reports on the NCL boards (they're a fiesty bunch on there ).

It has been announced Port Miami will reopen today (12th) with Divina and 5 others due back. With Miami still under curfew, residents advised not to return yet, power remains out and a clean up operation only just underway I'm not sure how those disembarking are going to manage or arrange any onward travel.
6,520 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by CruisingFox27
Sailings over the weekend and early part of the week were cancelled but there's no indication anything else cancelled. No reports on the NCL boards (they're a fiesty bunch on there ).

It has been announced Port Miami will reopen today (12th) with Divina and 5 others due back. With Miami still under curfew, residents advised not to return yet, power remains out and a clean up operation only just underway I'm not sure how those disembarking are going to manage or arrange any onward travel.
Right, no reports of any other NCL sailings being cancelled other than what was announced mid last week.

Right now, if info is correct, Divina, Escape, and one other Carnival ship huddled sailing NE just off Cancun so probably a day or two before they get into Miami. NCL offices don't open until at least tomorrow so I doubt any earlier than that for NCL and guessing Divina will be Wed. or Thurs. as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Skyward - 1984
Princess - Pacific Princess 1985
Cunard Countess - ? 1986
Carnival - ? 1989
RCCL - ? 1994
NCL - PoA 2006
NCL - Spirit 2007
DCL - Wonder 2007
NCL - Gem 2008
DCL - Magic 2009
NCL - Star Pacific Coastal Sep 2009
NCL - Sun Baltics June 2010 12 nts
DCL - Dream Mar 2011 4 nts
DCL - Dream Apr 2011 3 nts (b2b) 9674
NCL - Star Alaska Aug 2011
NCL - Dawn Bermuda June 2012
PG - Paul Gauguin Aug 2013 726 & 728 11nts
NCL - Breakaway Mar 2014
DCL - Fantasy Aug 2014 12000
NCL - Spirit Dec 2015
NCL - POA TransPac Mar 2016
PG - Aug 2016
NCL - Gem Dec 2016
16 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Updated itinerary for Divina 9/16 sailing: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/...r-updates.aspx

16 September 2017 7:00 PM* Miami (United States)

17 September 2017 - - At sea

18 September 2017 10:00 AM* 6:00PM* Montego Bay (Jamaica)

19 September 2017 08:00 AM* 4:00 PM* Georgetown (Cayman Is.)

20 September 2017 10:30 AM* 6:30:PM* Costa Maya (Mexico)

21 September 2017 - - At sea

22 September 2017 11:00 AM* 6:00:PM* Nassau (Bahamas)

23 September 2017 07:00 AM* Miami (United States)
Near Tampa, Florida
3,415 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Now that we know the Divina is scheduled to sail on Saturday, we're thinking best way to handle getting from Tampa area to Miami. Our plan had been to drive to Naples, stay overnight and then do Alligator Alley on Saturday morning.

Wondering how jammed the roads will be with the evacuees returning. Guess we'll just have to deal with heavy traffic if still there this weekend.

Since we were lucky enough to be totally spared Irma's wrath, this is the least of my problems....So thankful.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Most of my reviews: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...mberName=tbmrt
9/16/17 MSC Divina
5/7/17 Fathom Adonia
12/9/16 Windstar Windsurf
9/10/16 Royal Caribbean Oasis of Seas
11/30/15 Celebrity Equinox
12/12/14 Celebrity Equinox
5/19/14 Caribbean Princess
12/10/13 MSC Divina
12/13/12 Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas
12/14/11 NCL Dawn
12/03/10 NCL Sky
10/16/10 NCL Sun
06/05/10 Bahamas Celebration
12/04/09 NCL Sky Bahamas
11/30/09 Royal Caribbean Majesty Bahamas
11/29/09 NCL DAWN WAS CANCELLED!
12/08/08 Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean
12/07/07 Carnival Legend Western Caribbean
9 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Davina 16 Sep itinerary change. Changes in RED

16th September 2017
Miami (United States)
17th September 2017
At sea
18th September 2017
Montego Bay (Jamaica) was Sea Day
19th September 2017
Georgetown (Cayman Islands) was St Maartan
20th September 2017
Costa Maya (Mexico) was San Juan
21st September 2017
At sea
22nd September 2017
Nassau (Bahamas)
23rd September 2017
Miami (United States)
Orlando, FL
1,940 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by tbmrt
Now that we know the Divina is scheduled to sail on Saturday, we're thinking best way to handle getting from Tampa area to Miami. Our plan had been to drive to Naples, stay overnight and then do Alligator Alley on Saturday morning.

Wondering how jammed the roads will be with the evacuees returning. Guess we'll just have to deal with heavy traffic if still there this weekend.

Since we were lucky enough to be totally spared Irma's wrath, this is the least of my problems....So thankful.

Naples is a mess. If you are going to pay and stay in a hotel anyway, you might want to find a Miami based one. That way even if it takes a long time to get across the alley on Friday you KNOW that you will eventually make it and you can sleep in a bit on Saturday. The Miami hotels should be operational by then.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Divina Sept '17, Celebrity Equinox, Jan'17; fathom, July'16 (before she closed shop!),Regal Princess, Jan'16, Carnival Ecstasy, Feb'15, Caribbean Princess (HONEYMOON!!), Jan'15; Island Princess, Oct'14; Carnival Legend, July'14; Ruby Princess, March'14; Caribbean Princess, Mar'13; HAL Ryndham, Dec'12; Carnival Ecstasy, May'12, Caribbean Princess, March'11; Crown Princess Nov'10; Emerald Princess, Easter'10; Disney Magic, Thanksgiving'09; Disney Magic, June'09; Costa Concordia (BEFORE she sank!) Nov'08; Enchantment of the Seas, Mar'08; Costa Magica, Mar'07; Costa Magica, Dec'06; Mariner of the Seas, June 2006; Mariner of the Seas, Mar'06; Grandeur of the Seas,Dec'05; Mariner of the Seas, Mar'05; Carnival Fascination, Oct'04; Disney Wonder, May03
40 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
I have had an e mail form my hotel in Miami saying all okay. Also we had a bay cruise booked to look at the posh houses! they also e mailed us today to see if still going ahead so Miami cant be all that bad.
I assumed it would cancel !

Can now get excited again about my first cruise
United States
14,279 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by tbmrt

Would advise to look for hotel on east coast anywhere between West Palm and Miami with power and make that your destination for a Friday precruise. West coast harder hit, Naples badly. East coast better but many places still without power. As evacuees return traffic and hotel situations could become more difficult. Still some fuel supply problems so be mindful along the way. Alligator Alley too risky to come from southwest coast, IMO. Let us know what you decide and how you make out
Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
2,971 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
If you choose to cancel, will MSC give you price protection?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises:
Nordic Prince '82-'83
Enchantment OTS 02/07 (Tor Olsen)
Serenade OTS 03/07 (Stig Nielsen)
Noordam 05/07 (John Scott)
Caribbean Princess 09/07 (Thomas William Kent)
Carnival Destiny 09/07 (Angelo Los)
Norwegian Pearl 11/07 (Trond Kildal)
Carnival Valor 09/08 (Agostino Fazio)
Ruby Princess 11/08 (Inaugural)(Tony Yeomans)
Carnival Splendor 11/08 (Claudio Cupisti)
Independence OTS Nov 29 '08 (Teo Strazicic)
Liberty OTS Jan 31'09(Charles Teige)
Carnival Liberty Feb 07'09(Marco Nogara)
Eurodam Mar 07'09 (Jeroen van Donselaar)
Radiance OTS May 11'09 (Trym Selvag)
Mariner OTS Sept 06'09 (Per Kristoffersen)
Carnival Freedom Oct 4'09(Guiseppe Giusa)
Carnival Triumph Oct 10'09(Claudio Cupisti)
Navigator OTS Nov 9'09 (TA)(Erik Standal)
Carnival Dream Nov 23'09 (Carlo Queirolo)
Solstice Jan 17'10 (Demetrios Kafzetis)
Costa Fortuna Mar 14'10(Massimo Garbarino)
Celebrity Summit May 2'10(Atanacio Peppas)
Norwegian Dawn Nov 5'10 (Paul von Knorring)
Carnival Glory Sept24'11(Guiseppe Giusa)
Brilliance of the Seas May4 '12(H.Loft Sorensen)
Mariner of the Seas Nov2'12(F.Nilssen)
Liberty OTS Dec3'12(Frank Martinsen)
Carnival Breeze Sept8'13(Vicenzo Alcaras)
Carnival Conquest Sept22'13(Antonino Samartano) "Platinum"
Serenade of the Seas Nov'13 (Anders Ingebrigtsen)
Carnival Sunshine Jan26'14(Carmelo Marino)
Independence OTS Mar'14(Arnolf Remo)
Vision Ots Sept20'14 (Marek Slaby)
Vision OTS Oct27'14 (Liz Lauritzen)
Majesty OTS Nov3'14(Pehr Persson)
Eurodam Nov23'14 (Henk Keijer)
Regal Princess Nov30'14 (Eduard Perrin)
Regal Princess Nov29'15(Eduard Perrin)
Freedom OTSNov20'16(Espen Been) "Diamond Plus"
Anthem of the Seas Mar 19'17(Felix Shrecko Ban)
Allure of the Seas Apr 16'17(Tore Grimstad)
MSC Divina Sep 16'17(Marco Massa)"Black"
Norwegian Escape Sep 23'17(Niklas Persson)
Norwegian Breakaway Oct 22'17 (Dan Svensson)
Royal Princess Nov 25'17(Bob Oliver)
Royal Princess Nov 30'17(Bob Oliver) "Platinum"