White board on my stateroom door

Hello,

Can I hang a white board on my stateroom door? I'm going to glue magnets on the back. I'm assuming that the doors are made of metal. Does RCCL allow this? We are going with 2 other couples and we want to leave them messages about where we are.

Whether or not they allow it, I’ve seen it done many times. I would think it would be fine provided you use magnets as you stated

Hello,

Can I hang a white board on my stateroom door? I'm going to glue magnets on the back. I'm assuming that the doors are made of metal. Does RCCL allow this? We are going with 2 other couples and we want to leave them messages about where we are.

SHould be no problem, but expect others to modify and/or write messages.

Don't do it. Seriously. We saw some of the nastiest drawings and comments on them in our hallway alone. It was so bad and SO graphic, I had to tell one of the security officers and they had them taken down (I think there were 3 in section). I would hate for little kids walking by to see such despicable comments and drawings.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
sp

Hello,

I always put a wipe board on my door, or beside it if the door isn’t metal. I haven’t had any trouble with people writing or drawing obscene things on it. I cruise primarily on RCCL & also did a Celebrity this fall. I have played tic-tac-toe with someone I never met & been greeted by “Hello” in several different languages. Plus we can leave a msg for the rest of our party without them having to find a phone to retrieve it. I find the wipe boards very convenient.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello,

Despite the fervor, I've seen them many times and never seen anyone have any problems. If someone draws a penis on one I doubt it will ruin your cruise or traumatize any children.

Had friends use one on NCL last cruise and it worked great, especially for a larger party. I don't think I ever noticed anyone outside the group using it or leaving a comment. The only problem is make sure the magnets are strong!