Is the C&A Balcony/Suite discount going the route of the Dinasours

nelblu

I just booked a cruise on Allure for next Nov. Great perks were offered but could not use D+ discount. So my brother who has only been on 3 RCCL cruises gets the same price and perks as me who have been on over 30 RCCL cruises. And yes the BOGO free dinner now we all can get. Thank goodness I like my wine. At least I still can get free drinks between 5-8:30. Don't get me wrong, I am glad my brother got a great price too, but mine should have been even better. Call me selfish, but I hate it when something was available to me, but now can't use. It's like going to Macy's with coupons. Nope can't use it on that item. :o

What sale was offering perks that were greater than $250.

The rep may have also explained it incorrectly.

You will get the higher of the C&A discount or the oromotion that is being offered. If you were getting $100 OBC or discount from a promotion and the balcony discount was only $75 then you would get the $100 and not be able to use the balcony discount. As a diamond my discount is $225 so I would get that but not the $100.

They like to show you the C&A discount in the summary so looks like getting it and explain you get the "better" of the two offers but the REAL diamond discount is whatever you get less whatever a newbie would get.

If it were last minute sails I'd roll with it more but when over 6 months out the $225 you were hoping to get as compared to newbie turns into $30 off ...disappointing, but old news, I know.

I'm going to call them again today. I'm totally able to do a mock booking with same ship same room same itinerary and receive BOGO, No ref dep, and CAS savings. My invoice shows the first to but not the latter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

On the page when you are booking a cruise that asks you for number of guests there should be an option to select to see if you qualify for exclusive savings. This is where you enter senior / military / state and you must enter your C&A number here even if you are logged in.

Thank you Ken.

See post 20.

Thanks. Re-did it based on the instructions and the D+ balcony discount of $250 appears. What a crappy system that on occasion does not recognize the C&A # when one signs in. Also, noticed, no reduction in the 50% off 2nd passenger due to the discount. Sometimes the system allocates the discount between the 2 paxs.

Sometimes the other mucked up thing is they take the C&A discount before the promotional discount which gives you less of a C&A discount.

Example for 30% off each pax sale. (c&a discount before 30%)

$1000 - $100 (C/A discount) =$900 x 30%off =$630 per pax

c&a after

$1000- 30% = $700- $100 (c&a discount)= $600 per pax

so instead of getting a $200 diamond discount you really on get $140

They play the game well!

Not only balcony discounts are getting harder to take advantage of, just got off Anthem yesterday & now reserved seating for shows are only for Star, Sky & Pinnacles, no Diamond Plus allowed. Forget about BOGO benefit for Diamond Plus now anyone can purchase 2 night BOGO for $30 which works out less then for Diamond Plus couple dining nights 1 & 2. For Gift Preference they replaced SPRING water with PURIFIED water. What next will RCL be taking away, they already started converting Concierge Lounges into Suite Lounges?

Strange, I was on the 10/21-10/28 cruise and they were honoring the D+reserve seating at the shows both in the theater and 270. Has been like that for my last 12 cruises on Anthem.

Strange, I was on the 10/21-10/28 cruise and they were honoring the D+reserve seating at the shows both in the theater and 270. Has been like that for my last 12 cruises on Anthem.

On my 10/28 Anthem cruise both in theater & 270 I asked & was told NO wait until the ropes come down while there were very few guests seated there. It was about 15 minutes before shows started & rolls of empty seats.

Really, on my Brilliance Med, cruise I got 4 bottles of Evian from the LA in my cabin, along with 2 diet cokes.
Didn't even notice the difference in water. For the past year it has been purified water in my cabin. Don't remember ever getting Evian for d water.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sometimes the other mucked up thing is they take the C&A discount before the promotional discount which gives you less of a C&A discount.

Example for 30% off each pax sale. (c&a discount before 30%)

$1000 - $100 (C/A discount) =$900 x 30%off =$630 per pax

c&a after

$1000- 30% = $700- $100 (c&a discount)= $600 per pax

so instead of getting a $200 diamond discount you really on get $140

They play the game well!

See my post #31, no reduction in the C&A balcony discount.

I called royal recently to inquire about my platinum discount for a balcony (on a cruise I already booked) and was told that my C&A discount could not be used with my non-refundae deposit discount. I was a little miffed at that.

Now if my C&A discount was greater than the non-refundable discount I could use it instead and have a refundable deposit but big woop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

They told you incorrectly, it us combinable, I just priced one out

Sent from my K88 using Forums mobile app