Greetings from the Norwegian Getaway!

shipcafe

Hi Everyone,

I felt compelled to take a few minutes from my cruise to share some thoughts.

I am very much a cruise veteran and have sailed nearly all cruise lines, most being with RCI, Carnival, NCL.

I must tell you that I'm definitely a convert to NCL now. In fact, I'm already going to book out either Breakaway, Getaway (again), or Epic for a year from now. The product, activities, services have been nothing short of incredible. The crew? Smiles, smiles, smiles, and more smiles.....

There's probably not much else I can share that hasn't already been on here. I just wanted to share. Those who know my handle know how often I cruise so I wanted to make this a compelling share.

Steve

Thanks so much for sharing Steve! Do you happen to have a Vibe cabana? If so, can you take buffet food there or get food delivered there? Who would bring it - the Vibe bar staff or room service staff? Should you tip them and how much?

Thanks,

Margo

Hi Everyone,

I am very much a cruise veteran and have sailed nearly all cruise lines, most being with RCI, Carnival, NCL.

I must tell you that I'm definitely a convert to NCL now. In fact, I'm already going to book out either Breakaway, Getaway (again), or Epic for a year from now. The product, activities, services have been nothing short of incredible. The crew? Smiles, smiles, smiles, and more smiles.....

There's probably not much else I can share that hasn't already been on here. I just wanted to share. Those who know my handle know how often I cruise so I wanted to make this a compelling share.

Steve

Have a great cruise and let us know how much you enjoy yourself!

Safe Sailing!!

Glad to hear great things :)

Have fun in the warm sun and let us know what a blast you're having!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Hi Everyone,

Steve

I'd go with Getaway again ;) or try Epic! We are going on Epic for a 3rd time in November. I do have a feeling I'm going to wish I booked Getaway again though LOL

Edited by SissasMomE

Hi all!

shipcafe ~ thanks for popping in with great news.:D Glad you're loving Getaway 87% of those sailing it did! 71% loved Epic & only 60% Breakaway.

Best thing about Breakaway IMO was Bermuda.;) I think there was too much hype about it so it was a letdown to me.

SissasMomE ~ I'm with you, have done Epic 3 times & hope to do it's new route to the Canary Islands & Morocco next year.

Hoping to hear more good reports on Getaway before my turn comes.

~ Jo ~ :)

Sounds like a great time.....we are less than 3 weeks out.

Much different reviews than we saw on the last trip we took on a new ship in November on the Celebrity Reflection. Those reviews were terrible and we saw why, the ship was nice, but the crew stunk.

OP that is so good to hear! Just booked our first NCL cruise today on the Getaway. Had great experiences on Princess with food and entertainment, but the price is just out of the question for us now. Really enjoy Carnival - considering the price - but have to agree the food and lack of entertainment is a disappointment. Needless to say DH and I are very excited to try NCL and the Breakaway sounds awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update. I'm back home now. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

We enjoyed it so much we re booked for the same ship and itinerary, March 7, 2015.

We'll be on the ship the week before you! So excited!

Happy to see you enjoyed the cruise so much you're doing it again! :D

What were some of the highlights for you? Things you can't wait to do again when you cruise her? :) Thanks!

Sounds like a great time.....we are less than 3 weeks out.

Much different reviews than we saw on the last trip we took on a new ship in November on the Celebrity Reflection. Those reviews were terrible and we saw why, the ship was nice, but the crew stunk.

Looking forward to Getaway in June. Sorry to hear about Reflection. We sailed her last March and was one of the best cruises we've taken. The original Crew must have rotated off...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

We'll be on the ship the week before you! So excited!

Happy to see you enjoyed the cruise so much you're doing it again! :D

What were some of the highlights for you? Things you can't wait to do again when you cruise her? :) Thanks!

Well we didn't do Illusionarium (which I heard is wonderful) or Ocean Blue. We had the Ultimate Dining Package so we did all of the restaurants and one night in the main dining room (Tropicana). We did La Cucina twice because it's THAT good. Ask to dine outdoors.

I did the ropes course three times as did I also do the free fall slide. Both got my anxiety up at first but are so much fun.

Getaway just has so much going on all the time. It was a sheer delight just to walk around her all day' date=' take in the sun, and watch everyone having so much fun.

My group and I loved meeting each night for drinks outdoors at Sugar Cane or the Sunset Bar.

Bowling in O'Sheehan's was so much fun as well.

So I guess I just simply can't wait to be back aboard her.

I have hundreds of photos that I will be publishing on my site http://www.shipcafe.net

Stay tune!

[/color']

Looking forward to Getaway in June. Sorry to hear about Reflection. We sailed her last March and was one of the best cruises we've taken. The original Crew must have rotated off...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Getaway's crew is absolutely incredible. I've found on RCI and Celebrity that if you pass stateroom attendants, etc. that "aren't yours", you're lucky to get a glance.

No matter who it was on Getaway of all rankings, they all say hello, ask how you are doing, and SMILE.

The crew really does make a ship what she really is.

Getaway's crew is absolutely incredible. I've found on RCI and Celebrity that if you pass stateroom attendants, etc. that "aren't yours", you're lucky to get a glance.

No matter who it was on Getaway of all rankings, they all say hello, ask how you are doing, and SMILE.

As I understand, most of the opening staff for The Getaway will open The Escape. The Escape will sail from Southampton on the 30th of October 2015 for Miami arriving on the 8th of November. Want to come? Bookings for the Escape open this Tuesday, March 25th. I will be booking.

Mandy

As I understand, most of the opening staff for The Getaway will open The Escape. The Escape will sail from Southampton on the 30th of October 2015 for Miami arriving on the 8th of November. Want to come? Bookings for the Escape open this Tuesday, March 25th. I will be booking.

Mandy

Thank you for the heads up. We are definitely planning to book.

I'm glad you had a great time!

How many bowling lanes do they have and were there a lot of people waiting to use them. Also, do you have to bring your own bowling shoes?

Did you have to make reservations for the shows, or could you just show up?

Thank you in advance.

I'm glad you had a great time!

How many bowling lanes do they have and were there a lot of people waiting to use them. Also, do you have to bring your own bowling shoes?

Did you have to make reservations for the shows, or could you just show up?

Thank you in advance.

Two bowling lanes and they're not full size like on the Pearl, etc. In fact, the balls are not full size either. They fit in your hand. No special shoes required.

It is recommended to book the shows ahead of time but I heard that there was space open on the later shows on most night. There is a Box Office at which you can make or change reservations.

Well we didn't do Illusionarium (which I heard is wonderful) or Ocean Blue. We had the Ultimate Dining Package so we did all of the restaurants and one night in the main dining room (Tropicana). We did La Cucina twice because it's THAT good. Ask to dine outdoors.

I did the ropes course three times as did I also do the free fall slide. Both got my anxiety up at first but are so much fun.

Getaway just has so much going on all the time. It was a sheer delight just to walk around her all day, take in the sun, and watch everyone having so much fun.

My group and I loved meeting each night for drinks outdoors at Sugar Cane or the Sunset Bar.

Bowling in O'Sheehan's was so much fun as well.

So I guess I just simply can't wait to be back aboard her.

I have hundreds of photos that I will be publishing on my site www.shipcafe.net

Stay tune!

Do you recall if there were any height or weight requirements for the ropes courses or waterslides? We have two 10 year olds who are anxious to do it all!

Do you recall if there were any height or weight requirements for the ropes courses or waterslides? We have two 10 year olds who are anxious to do it all!

They'll be good to go for both!

The kids are the ones that had NO FEAR whatsoever walking out on the plank, etc.

It's the adults that were scared out of their minds!

I found that Very true on the Epic as well :) So happy you had a great time