Luggage Valet

I have a few questions about the Luggage Valet program, we will be on the Oasis and have a flight out on Southwest at 12:40 so we are thinking of using this.

1) do you feel it is worth the $20.00 per person ?

2) what time do they ask that you have your luggage outside your cabin ?

3) has anyone had any problems with this program such as lost luggage, or any other issues ?

4) do you have to go thru customs with your luggage ?

5) what happens once you get to the airport ?

Thank You for all your help

Can help with a couple of questions.

You put your bags outside your stateroom the same time as you normally would if you have having the crew take off the bags. Most often, it seems to be 11pm.

Once you get to the airport, there's nothing for you to do with regard to your checked bags. They are in the care of the courier who is responsible for getting them from the ship to the airport. You won't see them until you get to your final destination.

I have a few questions about the Luggage Valet program, we will be on the Oasis and have a flight out on Southwest at 12:40 so we are thinking of using this.

1) do you feel it is worth the $20.00 per person ?

Personally I use it every time it's available. However it should be noted that since you are flying southwest your baggage ticket and boarding pass will still not be issued prior to 24 hours. Oasis staff cannot guarantee that it will be processed right at the 24 hours so seating assignment group is iffy. If that's important to you than that's something to consider.

2) what time do they ask that you have your luggage outside your cabin ?

Same time as everyone else. Think it's before midnight.

3) has anyone had any problems with this program such as lost luggage, or any other issues ? I haven't but the chances or loss or other issues is the same as always.

4) do you have to go thru customs with your luggage ?

You still have to go through customs but the luggage you valet checked will not be with you.

5) what happens once you get to the airport ?

You just check-in for your flight as you normally would and pick up luggage at your final destination.

Thank You for all your help

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi melted2000: I too have used it many many times and think it is worth every dime!! After a cruise I am sad and don't want to leave the ship. :o Not having to see that luggage until I get to my home airport is GREAT!!! I can go thru customs and take the trek to the airport without having to even think about those bags!

I agree with what other posters have posted. The bottom line is you leave the bags outside your cabin door like everyone else and you don't see them again until you get to your home airport. So just remember to get everything you need out of the bags before you put them outside your cabin door the last night of your cruise.

A few weeks ago someone posted cruise compasses from Oasis and they also posted the valet form, they are on the link below. We are going to be on Oasis and are flying on Alaska Air which Royal showed on their website as one of the airlines that allow luggage valet (I can't find that page anymore so they may have finally updated it). This form does not list Alaska Air so I guess we are out of luck. :(

Our flight does not leave till 6:30 pm so we will be stuck with our bags all day. I would have gladly paid the $20 per bag.

Oasis documents

We too are considering the valet luggage program and flying home on Southwest as well. We have never flown Southwest. I know we can get our boarding passes 24 hours in advance, but since we will be onboard, how will we get our boarding passes? Do we have to get them at the airport? Or will a RCCL rep give them to us before disembarking? Thanks. :)

While I haven't done luggage valet on RC, I have at Disney and a few other places that offer a similar service. I would only do it if you have a lot of luggage, an extended amount of time between your cruise departure and your flight, or if you're not physically able to handle the luggage yourself.

Southwest has the express bag drop lines which take absolutely no time to use and you can check in with your phone and use the mobile boarding pass. The combination of those two options eliminates any standing in line waiting for check-in. The time to check your luggage yourself is a matter of minutes at most if you'd go that route. For at 12:40 flight, IMO I'd be paying $40 for someone to carry our bags. Not worth it.

Edited by paulh84

We too are considering the valet luggage program and flying home on Southwest as well. We have never flown Southwest. I know we can get our boarding passes 24 hours in advance, but since we will be onboard, how will we get our boarding passes? Do we have to get them at the airport? Or will a RCCL rep give them to us before disembarking? Thanks. :)

Royal will give you your boarding passes along with luggage tags.

A suggestion with regard to Southwest. Your boarding order is determined by when you check-in. You don't know when Royal will check you in. So to get the best boarding number, either check yourself in at the 24 hour point, or purchase Early Bird for $12.50 per person, which automatically checks you in based on when you purchased Early Bird.

Your boarding passes are left in your cabin the last night. You do nothing . The ship checks you in and prints your boarding pass. We use Luggage Valet everytime it is available. Never had a problem. Love it. Beat not having to drag you luggage to the airport.

Edited by LABCHICK

Another question about the luggage valet service....how does it work if you typically have to pay about $25/bag to check your bags at the airport and this service is $20/bag? Are we just paying RC and they deal with the airport directly? We are thinking of using this service too and are on the Allure sailing on Jan. 11.

Another question about the luggage valet service....how does it work if you typically have to pay about $25/bag to check your bags at the airport and this service is $20/bag? Are we just paying RC and they deal with the airport directly? We are thinking of using this service too and are on the Allure sailing on Jan. 11.

Royal will charge you the $20 per person fee for luggage valet, plus any checked baggage fees imposed by the airline. All those fees will go on your shipboard account.

Best $80 we spent for the four of us. We flew southwest as well the day we got off Oasis. We had a 4 pm flight so we rented a car and did an airboat ride thru the everglades. Great not to have to worry about the luggage. Just our two carry on bags.

Best $80 we spent for the four of us. We flew southwest as well the day we got off Oasis. We had a 4 pm flight so we rented a car and did an airboat ride thru the everglades. Great not to have to worry about the luggage. Just our two carry on bags.

Hint: If you are four people with only four bags, and flying on Southwest, pay for TWO luggage valets. Check two bags per person.

:)

Hint: If you are four people with only four bags, and flying on Southwest, pay for TWO luggage valets. Check two bags per person.

:)

I asked on here if we could do that and somebody said I couldn't do that. Also said the kids wouldn't get their boarding passes. So I guess I could have saved $40. Live and learn I guess.

Edited by Sky616

• 10 months later...

Is there a back-end cut off on departure times (as in, if our flight leaves at 9pm, are we still eligible)?

And does luggage valet still work if you do early bird check-in on SW? We have a 9p flight home, thinking of doing early bird and would love to not have to worry about our bags.

Thanks!

Is there a back-end cut off on departure times (as in, if our flight leaves at 9pm, are we still eligible)?

And does luggage valet still work if you do early bird check-in on SW? We have a 9p flight home, thinking of doing early bird and would love to not have to worry about our bags.

Thanks!

To use LV when flying SW, flights have to leave no later than 6PM.

Thanks!

There is a cut off time of around 6pm with Southwest. I believe the other airlines cut off at 11:59pm.

If you care where you sit, I would strongly suggest doing early bird, even with luggage valet. You have no idea when Royal will actually check you in, so without early bird, you could be way down the priority list to board.

Thanks!

The cut off time for SW is 6p.m. All other airlines it is 11:59p.m.

We just did this in Nov. with a 5:50p.m. flight. My husband had earlybird check in and he was a "A".

The last time we flew SWA from FLL, our flight was at 4:30. We got to the arport at 10:00 and were not allowed to check in our luggage until 4 hours before our flight. I had to keep it with us for a couple hours.

Since that time, we have always used LV (when available) LV solves that problem.

The last time we flew SWA from FLL, our flight was at 4:30. We got to the arport at 10:00 and were not allowed to check in our luggage until 4 hours before our flight. I had to keep it with us for a couple hours.

Since that time, we have always used LV (when available) LV solves that problem.

FLL also limits access to the gate area until some number of hours before the flight. We were once denied entry into security because we were too early.

FLL also limits access to the gate area until some number of hours before the flight. We were once denied entry into security because we were too early.

This makes sense, never knew this could happen.

We have always left the ship by 8:20am.

Flight usually around 11:45ish.

This would really push my family over the edge if we had to wait to get thru the security TSA to wait at gate.

Guess we will slow down in the morning.

But, Gotta love that suite departure walk-off.

Safe travels.

This happened to us on our last cruise in Nov. We we're aloud to go through security until after 2p.m. Our flight was scheduled for 5:50 p.m. We were told it was because it was so full in all the terminals and there weren't any seats for passengers to sit in.