All Things LEGEND

EMc&DrS

It seems that every ship in the Carnival fleet has an "All Things" thread, but I can't find one for the Legend. I've read lots of great reviews of the Legend, but it's time for all you fans of her to post your favorite tips, suggestions, excursion experiences, and of course :) PICS :) in one place so that those of us who are still anticipating our week on the Legend can plan a great cruise! Give us your best stuff!!!!

I can't offer any details since I haven't sailed her yet, but I'll start off the thread with some pictures I took of the Legend from the Dream when both ships were docked in Belize last summer:

5876914657_56a7dafd0e_z.jpg

5856317929_1f8d94f47a_z.jpg

5939675563_290ab4307d_z.jpg

5940239620_ecc35bfd4e_z.jpg

* Don’t forget the Fun Farewell on the last day where you get free drinks. Ours was in the Firebird Lounge at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday (last night).

* If you enjoy on-the-spot comedy (which I do), don’t miss the Wee Jimmy show that is live every morning on your stateroom TV, channel 27. My husband and I both thought he was funnier than the stand up comedian in Follies Lounge.

* There is a floorplan of the Lido buffet at the entrance. Familiarize yourself with the areas to quickly find your favorite choices. Here is a picture of the floorplan...

DSC_0048.jpg

* I recommend eating breakfast in the MDR - it is more relaxing and you still have good options. If you do not prefer to do this every day, I strongly recommend trying it on the last day before debarkation. It is much less crazy than the lido buffet! If you do eat in the MDR for breakfast or lunch and you don’t want to share a table with strangers, just ask for a “table for 2” or how many ever in your party. They will honor your request.

* Do yourself a favor and visit the Enchanted Forest. We really enjoyed the quiet area and it was the ideal place to wait for our debarkation zone to be called

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0203-1.jpg

I know I really wanted to know this, so here it is for others who wonder...:D

Our ship left on time and reached the bridge at 6:38 p.m.

What bridge is that? We'll be on the Legend next year when she's in Europe and I don't know what port she usually sails from. :D

thanks!

It seems that every ship in the Carnival fleet has an "All Things" thread, but I can't find one for the Legend. I've read lots of great reviews of the Legend, but it's time for all you fans of her to post your favorite tips, suggestions, excursion experiences, and of course :) PICS :) in one place so that those of us who are still anticipating our week on the Legend can plan a great cruise! Give us your best stuff!!!!

I can't offer any details since I haven't sailed her yet, but I'll start off the thread with some pictures I took of the Legend from the Dream when both ships were docked in Belize last summer:

Thanks for starting this thread. We've never sailed the Legend (though we've done 5 cruises on Spirit-class ships) and I'm really looking forward to being on deck! :D

Cheers!

There are about 100 pictures of Legend in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1432945

Enjoy!

DSC_0044.jpg

Yes!! Thank you! And can I add, your pics (which you included the link to) were THE primary reason we chose the Legend for our son's upcoming graduation cruise when I saw them last fall. Thanks so much for including the link and helping to get this thread going.

The Legend usually sails from Tampa..That's the Sunshine Skyway bridge...Legend sails under it misses it by about 15 feet but it sure looks alot closer when you're standing below and watcching her sail.

EMc&DRs...

So glad this thread was started ..we don't cruise til December and this will help get me through the wait!

We've sailed her before BTW and been to the ports she calls upon many times.

Belize is really gorgeous..but definitely a place you want to plan an excursion of some sort.

Once you get past the port area and gates it's not the safest most pleasant place to stroll around..(think Jamaica but scarier)

However..it is one of our favorite ports-of-call..We've had terrific dive and snorkel trips from there. Another great one is the River Tour...

I've heard great things about the cave tubing..maybe we'll do that this time around.

Everyone..please keep the pics coming! If I can find where DH 'hid' mine on my computer I'll try to post some...

WE LOVE LEGEND!!!!!!!

When we board her on 5/20, it will be the fourth time we have been on her. She was our first Carnival ship, our first Spirit ship, and our first balcony.

We actually live 10 minutes from the Port of Tampa, and when we're not doing anything on a Sunday, we like to drive down to Channelside, have lunch, see her off, then drive to Davis Island and watch the ship come out of Sparkman Channel, heading off to Hillsborough Bay.

The bridge that is in the above pictures is the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. It was constructed in the '80s after the original span was partially destroyed when a freighter collided with the span. Details can be found here for those of you interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Skyway_Bridge

What keeps us coming back to Legend is many things: the ease of getting around the ship, the decor (yes the "urns" all over the place are a bit nerve-wracking, but once you get used to them, they do "grow" on you), the Enchanted Forest Promenade is a favorite spot to have a drink and relax, it was the first of the Spirit class ships to have its Adult pool and bar area converted to the new Serenity concept, there is a minimal amount of neon on the ship, the crew is always friendly, and we have yet to experience a bad cruise on her.

The only negative that I can think of is that she only does Western Itineraries. I know that she's supposed to call on Key West, HMC, and Grand Turks later this year - I am hoping that once she returns from her 6 months in Europe (still miffed about it!!!!), that Carnival keeps both itineraries.

Favorite cabin: 6230 (extended balcony towards the back of the ship)

Favorite place for sail away: Deck 10 by the funnel

Favorite public space: The Firebird Lounge, home of Punchliner's Comedy Club

I'll post pictures when we get back from our cruise.

We board her on May 6. One thing I have noticed about the Legend is that lots of people seem to cruise aboard the Legend more than once. True to form, this will be our second go-round aboard her. Personally, I love her layout and it feels less crowded.

Can't wait to do it all again and make some new memories as well.

Edited by Katoo

Great to get info from those who have been there. My bride of 40+ years and I will be as elegant as we can be on those nights. Where are the best locations on the ship for portrait type photos? Is the ship photographer set up in just one place?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk 2

Photogs set up all kinds of backgrounds or you can use the staircase.

Deli is great and you can ask for double meat, pressed or not.

Be careful on the clear staircase up to the Steakhouse! It's scary!

Staff is fabulous and many call you by name.

Don't forget a soft sided cooler for ice. Your steward will keep it filled all week. If yours condenses put it in the shower so the floor doesn't get wet. The platinum gift ones don't condense and are great!

Land Rover and cave excursion in Belize is a blast! So is cave tubing. Once we did cave tubing and zip lining together and almost missed the ship. Do one or the other, not both.

Sushi bar is quite good and I don't like sushi. It's fun to get some if you have late seating but I've taken to getting a fork from the Lido as I can't manage the chopsticks!

Great idea to wait for debarkation in the Enchanted forest.

I wish there were umbrellas on the Serenity since I don't do well in the sun. There is a shaded area with sofas and chairs and you can order something to eat there as well.

She's a beautiful ship. Next voyage for me is in September. Can't wait!

Where are the best locations on the ship for portrait type photos? Is the ship photographer set up in just one place?

My favorite place for pictures is this spot right outside Follies show lounge. They do not have a photographer set up there, but I'm sure you can make an appointment if you like the spot too. I personally love the colors... We just took our own pics here.

DSC_0208.jpg