Is Celebrity Summit Honeymoon Worthy?

Our Honeymoon cruise on NCL Dawn has just been changed to an itinerary I do not care for. I already have airfare to San Juan and am wondering if the Summit is Honeymoon worthy?

I know nothing about Celebrity. Future hubby and I will be 43 at sailing. We love to cruise for ports, amenities and food.

In my opinion your honeymoon should ideally be more special than regular cruises. That means the itinerary and the ship. Others can advise on the ship but suggest reading the reviews for the summit for cruises in that destination.

Some other considerations:

How important is food for you?

How important is music/entertainment?

Do you want nightlife?

Do you want a ship with bells and whistles?

I can also suggest looking at deals on some of the premium lines - Azamara and Oceania. We picked up Azamara last year for less than equivalent cruises on NCL and Celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will be moving from a ship built in 2002 holding 2340 passengers to a ship built in 2001 holding 2450 passengers. In other words, they are the same age and pretty much the same size. There are some inherent differences between NCL and Celebrity that undoubtedly will apply to both ships. Food is subjective, but consensus seems to be that celebrity has better food (which may or may not matter to you). NCL probably has better entertainment (whatever better means...). There will be more kids and nightlife on an NCL ship than on a Celebrity ship. But when you cut through all that....you are on your honeymoon and you will find things to enjoy on both...and you will find things you like less on both cruises. As you cruise more, you'll discover that the itinerary is often more important than the cruise itself (that may not apply so much to the new mega ships that have 6000 people, reservations to shows and so on...but that's a different type of cruise...sort of a club med on a ship).

I'd call the ships a draw....and if the Summit is going where you'd prefer and the price is right, go for it....and enjoy your honeymoon.

I would say Celebrity in general would provide what I would consider a better honeymoon experience as the food is better, the service is better, and overall Celebrity is just a lot 'classier' without being snobbish than NCL. But I am not you. If you like more activity, more nightlife, and perhaps better shows then NCL would win. Your honeymoon cruise either way will be better than mine - it was my first cruise many, many years ago on the Carnival Carnivale. Small, old ship. Seas were awful (20-30') and I was seasick half the time. It rained and rained and rained. We are still married 36 years later so it all turned out ok:hearteyes: Best wishes to you!

We had a sky suite last month on summit, loved it room was ok , but perks were great, there private suite dinning room is great for food and service, elegant suite lounge has free drinks from early morning to midnight. Like it so much we booked her sister ship for next year also a suite.

We spent two weeks on Summit last autumn. It was a very nice ship, great service and food. For a honeymoon experience, I agree with the other posters that booking a suite would be a special experience if within your budget.

I think it would be a fine ship for a Honeymoon. I agree with others, if you could splurge for a sky suite or above, that would make for a very nice honeymoon experience, as Luminae is a more intimate, romantic dining experience vs. the main dining room. My wife and I recently did Summit for our annual Anniversary cruise and it was a very wonderful and romantic cruise vacation. I don't think you could go wrong.

When you book there is a place in your reservation online where you can indicate any special celebrations, our last cruise was to celebrate our anniversary so we added that. Two cool things they did, without me asking was 1) we got, not one, but TWO anniversary cakes. One was served to us while we were in Luminae, the second was in our room, along with rose petals all over the room in our sky suite. Our butler, Chip< arranged it all, it was very cool thing they did without any prompting or anything.

When you book there is a place in your reservation online where you can indicate any special celebrations, our last cruise was to celebrate our anniversary so we added that. Two cool things they did, without me asking was 1) we got, not one, but TWO anniversary cakes. One was served to us while we were in Luminae, the second was in our room, along with rose petals all over the room in our sky suite. Our butler, Chip< arranged it all, it was very cool thing they did without any prompting or anything.

Isn't Chip terrific!? He was our butler in the PH this past July and I mentioned that the cruise was a late anniversary trip. We came back from the day in Bermuda and he had decorated our suite with balloons and flowers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums