QM2 coach in & out of NYC

Bennybluehat

After eventually getting an answer from Cunard asking if there was transport available to get us into NYC on the BTB transatlantic route we were told there will be a pre paid bus that will drop us off & pick us up from Macy’s. Does anyone know exactly which side of Macy’s it will pick us up at?

I did this trip once, I'm sure one gets picked up at the same place we were dropped off at.

Why not wait until you take this coach and ask the driver. The procedure could change from week to week , I doubt if anyone of us on here can give you an affirmative answer .

We did this once but we asked to be dropped off at the 9/11 memorial on the way. They told us the time and place for the collection later in the day (outside Macy’s) and we just worked our own way there. Later in the day there was a terrific storm and the roads were gridlocked; the coach was very late picking us up. I’ve never been more grateful to be on an organised excursion ;)

Thank you all for the replies. 7.30am won’t be a problem for us because we are planning to be up and about very early as we are looking forward to the sail into New York. Are the bus places on a first come first served basis or will they provide as many buses as required & at what point on the cruise will it be available to book?

The last time we did b2b we were dropped off right outside Macy's on W34th Street and we were picked up on 5th Ave between W34th and W33rd. We were dropped off at about 9am but Macy's doesnt open until 10am so we walked up to Times Square and the cost was $49pp.

As someone who lives in New York City and has been on three sailings with the QM2 out of New York (fourth one coming up), I don't know about this particular bus ride but I know very well where the QM2 docks and that it is quite a schlepp into the city. The here in this thread mentioned 1 1/2 to 2 hours seem to be about right. Early morning, and 7:30am *is* early morning, you have to deal with rush hour. The same back again. But... since this is a Cunard organized tour, they will make sure you'll be back at the ship again, so all good. And btw, Macy's is a good point in the city as it is in walking distance to Times Square and the Empire State Building and if you're into walking a little more even Central Park. Wishing you a wonderful time.

As someone who lives in New York City and has been on three sailings with the QM2 out of New York (fourth one coming up), I don't know about this particular bus ride but I know very well where the QM2 docks and that it is quite a schlepp into the city. The here in this thread mentioned 1 1/2 to 2 hours seem to be about right. Early morning, and 7:30am *is* early morning, you have to deal with rush hour. The same back again. But... since this is a Cunard organized tour, they will make sure you'll be back at the ship again, so all good. And btw, Macy's is a good point in the city as it is in walking distance to Times Square and the Empire State Building and if you're into walking a little more even Central Park. Wishing you a wonderful time.

Thank you for the information, you have helped us decide what we can see and do in the little time we will have. We are very good at walking and if needs be we can step it out to see as many sights as possible and buy some souvenirs aswell! We are very much looking forward to visiting New York even if it is just a brief encounter!

The here in this thread mentioned 1 1/2 to 2 hours seem to be about right. Early morning, and 7:30am *is* early morning, you have to deal with rush hour. The same back again. .

I wouldn't have thought that Sunday mornings equated to "rush hour" ...

Thank you for the information, you have helped us decide what we can see and do in the little time we will have. We are very good at walking and if needs be we can step it out to see as many sights as possible and buy some souvenirs aswell! We are very much looking forward to visiting New York even if it is just a brief encounter!

Happy to know I could make the decision a little easier! Personally, I do like Macy's department store. They recently redone the whole store and it's more airy now and more like the big flagship stores in London (Harrods) or Paris (Printemps).

I think they also made it easier to find souvenirs and lovely gifts on the ground floor in the back (https://www.visitmacysusa.com/article/arcade-macys-herald-square-features-perfect-souvenirs_) - there's also lots of helpful personnel upon entering the store.

But... if you're good on foot, you'll have fun venturing out to the Times Square area. There are tons of little shops catering to all the touristy needs. Just be prepared that it seems as if EVERYBODY is around Times Square. And a lot of people are trying to sell you something. It's different in other neighborhoods of Manhattan but this is the busiest but definitely also a lot to see. If the weather is fine, I'd recommend to sit down at Herald's Square Park https://www.nycgovparks.org/parks/herald-square and have a cup of coffee or tea and just dig in the hustle and bustle.

Or even better, my personal favorite, Bryant Park where you can really dig in some quiet time in the middle of the city with some beautiful nature AND architecture around you. http://bryantpark.org <3 Enjoy! :hearteyes::hearteyes:

I wouldn't have thought that Sunday mornings equated to "rush hour" ...

Well... apologies, I kept my answer applicable for MOST days but obviously not for all days :D - Even New York City quiets down a little bit Sunday mornings, so chop off half an hour :) all good.

We were on QM2 Independence Day trip this year, so visited New York twice.

1st July being a Sunday we took the Cunard coach to Macy's $49 pp return. Dropped us just across from the store outside a convenience store at 8.30am and collected us from the same spot at 2.30pm. We used this as we were uncertain of the ferry schedule on a Sunday.

On 6th July a Friday we used the ferry next to the cruise terminal to Wall Street $2.75 pp then the subway.

We were on QM2 Independence Day trip this year, so visited New York twice.

1st July being a Sunday we took the Cunard coach to Macy's $49 pp return. Dropped us just across from the store outside a convenience store at 8.30am and collected us from the same spot at 2.30pm. We used this as we were uncertain of the ferry schedule on a Sunday.

On 6th July a Friday we used the ferry next to the cruise terminal to Wall Street $2.75 pp then the subway.

Wow! Of course you can use the ferry too :D How far from the Cunard dock is it? Walking distance? I never paid much attention.

Here's the schedule: https://www.ferry.nyc/routes-and-schedules/route/south-brooklyn/

Wow! Of course you can use the ferry too :D How far from the Cunard dock is it? Walking distance? I never paid much attention.

Here's the schedule: https://www.ferry.nyc/routes-and-schedules/route/south-brooklyn/

It's only about 200 yards between the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and the NYC Ferry dock at Red Hook. Here are links to a couple earlier threads started by frankp01 and Solent Richard with some excellent photos illustrating how close it is (along with lots of other useful information about the service).

An update on the Manhattan-Red Hook ferry

Red Hook to Manhattan Ferry

We used the ferry to get from Manhattan to the QM2 for embarkation (with luggage) this past June and found it worked very well. We plan on using it for that purpose next year as well.