Price went down 400$ after final payment

brikee

I just made final payment on my cruise in jan last week. Tonight I noticed it went down 400$. In planning to call my TA tomorrow. I just wanted to check if anyone had any successful experiences getting anything when their cruise price went down? OBC would be nice.

We had a price drop $700 per person after final payment. Our PCC gave the first two passengers $600 each in future cruise credits. The only caveat was that we had to use it within one year. That being said, my experience was definitely not the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just made final payment on my cruise in jan last week. Tonight I noticed it went down 400$. In planning to call my TA tomorrow. I just wanted to check if anyone had any successful experiences getting anything when their cruise price went down? OBC would be nice.

Did you verify that the price was for the exact same category of cabin and carried the same perks as your initial booking?

Typically you won't get any kind of a refund back. Some people have reported a token amount of OBC but that's not the norm. However, generally, if there's a higher cabin category that has also dropped, you can pay the difference to upgrade.

As the previous poster mentioned, before you attempt this be sure about what exactly dropped. If you choose a cabin that carried perks and the prices that are dropping are for the X guarantees; those don't carry perks. So it's not apples to apples with what you booked. If you upgrade to a X category you would lose your perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The same thing hapened to my sister and my mum so I called our PCC who actually got my sister a refund and some onboard credit and the specialty dining promo. My mom got some onboard credit. So I guess it depends on the situation and what your PCC or TA ie willing and able to do.

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app

It is always worth a try, but most likely you will get an upgrade. Make sure the catagory is exactly the same and not just balcony versus balcony for instance. Also are you talking $400 a person or is that for two of you? Anyway,good luck but it is often just like airfare; if the price goes down after you pay you can not get a refund. Keep us posted.

Totally possible - ours went down by $700 (total), and when I called well after Final Payment, they offered us an upgrade. The problem is, it would have been GTY, and we did not to lose our location. Initially they would not give us any OBC, in fact the rude rep I spoke to told me it was not possible. Called back a few days later, was very transparent that I know they would offer the upgrade, but I did not want to lose my location, and again asked for OBC (the room was now "only" $400 less) and they did end up giving us $75 OBC. I was happy with that, because as others have mentioned, they really didn't have to do a thing and we got to keep our preferred rooms.

As others already mentioned, make sure that the difference you're seeing is for the exact room/perks you got. In our case, the room 2 doors down from ours was available for the $400 less with all the perks we got.

Good luck and happy cruising!

-ie

Has anyone noticed a difference between the port, tax fees on your invoice and what you can find for the same cabin category, same cruise on ncl.com? On our cruise there was a difference of $200 per person for a variety of cabins including inside, Ocean View and balcony. I sent a note to my ta but haven't heard a reply back yet. I'm wondering if it was because of the change in itineraries and we were billed for the original itinerary?

Sent from my VFD 600 using Forums mobile app

I never book these NY December- Feb cruises ahead. For the last several years, it is darn easy to pick them up on the dump rack. If there is any way, in the future, you can just block and rescind time off from work, it is a given of picking up some great deals. Jackpot last year, the Dec sailing was $399 and your week, $599, consistent for at least the last several years. This year, my family is keeping an eye on the 4 long cruises in this time frame. No doubt they will be on the ship. :)

I never book these NY December- Feb cruises ahead. For the last several years, it is darn easy to pick them up on the dump rack. If there is any way, in the future, you can just block and rescind time off from work, it is a given of picking up some great deals. Jackpot last year, the Dec sailing was $399 and your week, $599, consistent for at least the last several years. This year, my family is keeping an eye on the 4 long cruises in this time frame. No doubt they will be on the ship. :)
The December cruise I went on last yeah had a price of $200pp I didn't get anything that time cuz inhad booked a balcony guarantee and ended up getting a mini suite and this year same cruise has done down significantly as well. If I decide to do it again next year I will definitely wait until after final paymeent to book.

Sent from my VS501 using Forums mobile app

I had this happen to us a few years back; the price of balconies was the same as what I had paid for OV. I figured that I had nothing to lose so I called NCL and asked if we could be upgraded to a balcony since they were now the same price as my OV was. The representative was very nice and gave us a deck 10 midship balcony for no extra charge! It never hurts to ask!

~Joanne

Edited by joteacher
grammatical error

There was a big price drop on our inside room on the Jade Britain cruise in May. Our TA got us upgraded to a balcony, and put my DS next door. The balcony was forward, and partially enclosed by metal, but we still had a great view. There were no changes to our perks, no added OBC, but we were happy.

• 11 months later...

Possibly an OBC but more likely a cabin upgrade. Let us know how it works out for you. SeaShark is right, make sure it is a promo with different perks.

Didn't notice until right now, this is a thread that is almost a year old. Forget whatever I posted.

Possibly an OBC but more likely a cabin upgrade. Let us know how it works out for you. SeaShark is right, make sure it is a promo with different perks.

Didn't notice until right now, this is a thread that is almost a year old. Forget whatever I posted.

Thanks for your reply...I understand this thread is old but was interested if anyone had encountered any recent price drops.

Thanks for your reply...I understand this thread is old but was interested if anyone had encountered any recent price drops.

I just did on my Thanksgiving cruise. I booked it last week (past the final payment day) and yesterday the price dropped by $200 for 3 people for inside and by $400 total for 3 people for a balcony.

OP just about a year ago and from looks of it, they already sailed in Jan on BA.

I booked my OCT cruise on Jan, before final payment date, I noticed $400 dropped, so I sent an email and recevied refund, but after final payment date, I also noticed $600 dropped again, so I asked to NCL, but no luck, no OBC, no REFUND, no upgrade offer, they just said to me "You wil be invited to UPGRADE BID"

The lesson what I learned is "NEVER BOOK CRUISE IN ADVANCE"

I booked H5 in JAN, and after final payment, I saw only 2 rooms were sold, including mine, so I will be the one who paid the most for H5 on my Cruise ship, haha.

I only bid for DOS, since min bid amount for OS or H4 was way too high, they are more expensive than direct up-sell, and I don't want to spend more money.

I booked my OCT cruise on Jan, before final payment date, I noticed $400 dropped, so I sent an email and recevied refund, but after final payment date, I also noticed $600 dropped again, so I asked to NCL, but no luck, no OBC, no REFUND, no upgrade offer, they just said to me "You wil be invited to UPGRADE BID"

I booked H5 in JAN, and after final payment, I saw only 2 rooms were sold, including mine, so I will be the one who paid the most for H5 on my Cruise ship, haha.

I only bid for DOS, since min bid amount for OS or H4 was way too high, they are more expensive than direct up-sell, and I don't want to spend more money.

From experience, that doesn’t always work out in your favor. Pay what you are comfortable with, just as likely to go up, as down, plus less cabins to choose from.

And know this, they will not call you if price goes up asking you to pay more.

Not always the case. It’s about supply and demand. My cruise for November decreased 3 times before final payment and was able to get the reduced cost. However since final payment it’s increased in cost.

It does pay to book early at times and other times pays to book later. I personally like to get the cabin/suite I want so book early and check the costs to see how they’re tracking.

If you don't mind me asking, did you book interior, oceanview, obstructed view, balcony or upwards? Just wondering which rooms had price dropped for you. I'm about to put full payment down on obstructed view tomorrow. Thanks