Carnival Airport Transfer Question

lab_love123

Hi all!

I just booked myself a 4 night cruise on the Carnival Victory in October - very excited! It's been awhile since I've sailed with Carnival and needed airport transfers and have a question hopefully someone here has experience with.

I am flying into FLL, but sailing from Miami. I'm researching airport transportation, and right now, Carnival's transfers actually look the cheapest - $32 vs. ~$38 typically for uber/lyft. I'm traveling to/from the pier alone so I wouldn't be splitting the uber/lyft cost with anyone.

1. I am flying in the day before my cruise; can I still book Carnival transfer if I'm willing to head back to the airport? I'm thinking of staying in a FLL airport area hotel so getting back to the airport on the morning of the cruise isn't really an issue.

and

2. My flight home at the end of the cruise departs FLL at 11:56am. Carnival's website says no flights before noon - does the 4 minutes actually matter?

Thanks everyone!

Hi lab_Love123,

Done this many times, we do not use any cruise line shuttle services, it is too expensive and they will wait to fill up a bus before they depart. We use SAS Transportation http://ridesas.com. Great service ($15 one-way). We self-assist disembarkation and we made it to FLL airport, checked bags and through security by 9am.

Hi lab_Love123,

Done this many times, we do not use any cruise line shuttle services, it is too expensive and they will wait to fill up a bus before they depart. We use SAS Transportation http://ridesas.com. Great service ($15 one-way). We self-assist disembarkation and we made it to FLL airport, checked bags and through security by 9am.

This^^^^ We used SAS for our trip a few years ago and they were fantastic. Never waited more then a few minutes for them to pick us up at FLL to the Miami port and back

I assume your Uber price is for 2. We took Uber both ways MIA-FLL and back. The Uber was $75 for the vehicle, not per person as shuttles are priced

Was it $75 each way?! Last time I took an uber/lyft from the port of Miami to FLL, it was around $35. Like I said above, though, this time I'm traveling to/from the port on my own so whether it's $35 for an Uber or $32pp for a transfer or $15pp for a shuttle, it's all coming from the same wallet.

To all - mostly I'm looking for info on whether I'm okay with an 11:56 am flight when Carnival tells me not to book a flight before noon. It's only a 4 minute difference, so logically it wouldn't matter. Right?

Was it $75 each way?! Last time I took an uber/lyft from the port of Miami to FLL, it was around $35. Like I said above, though, this time I'm traveling to/from the port on my own so whether it's $35 for an Uber or $32pp for a transfer or $15pp for a shuttle, it's all coming from the same wallet.

To all - mostly I'm looking for info on whether I'm okay with an 11:56 am flight when Carnival tells me not to book a flight before noon. It's only a 4 minute difference, so logically it wouldn't matter. Right?

Hi, so far we made all of our late morning flights out of FLL, (from Port of Miami or Port Everglades) - if there is a 11am flight we jump on it as it gets us home by 5pm. There is the possibility we encounter traffic from MIA to FLL, accidents, or even arriving into port late that morning. All these things can happen but we have yet to experience them. I hope this helps.

There will be 12 in our party and we will be using a shuttle service. I would imagine that we would need 2 vans:) since there will be plenty of luggage;).

I am assuming that we will have to make a reservation for pick up after the cruise—correct??

Thanks and have a great day.

Hi all!

I just booked myself a 4 night cruise on the Carnival Victory in October - very excited! It's been awhile since I've sailed with Carnival and needed airport transfers and have a question hopefully someone here has experience with.

I am flying into FLL, but sailing from Miami. I'm researching airport transportation, and right now, Carnival's transfers actually look the cheapest - $32 vs. ~$38 typically for uber/lyft. I'm traveling to/from the pier alone so I wouldn't be splitting the uber/lyft cost with anyone.

1. I am flying in the day before my cruise; can I still book Carnival transfer if I'm willing to head back to the airport? I'm thinking of staying in a FLL airport area hotel so getting back to the airport on the morning of the cruise isn't really an issue.

and

2. My flight home at the end of the cruise departs FLL at 11:56am. Carnival's website says no flights before noon - does the 4 minutes actually matter?

Thanks everyone!

I agree with you.... going solo or just 2 people, sometimes it is cheaper to use the Carnival shuttle.

As far as timeframe, you are probably fine booking that flight and shuttle. It is about a 45+ minute drive from port to FLL and the shuttle bus works. Yes, Uber might be a bit cheaper. Once again, with just 1 person, or even 2 people, sometimes the shuttle for the cruiseline is easier and less overall.

We are doing the Glory in 3 weeks and using the Carnival shuttle to/from FLL. Hotels in FLL area are much cheaper than in Miami, so the price works out even trade for us.

I agree with you.... going solo or just 2 people, sometimes it is cheaper to use the Carnival shuttle.

As far as timeframe, you are probably fine booking that flight and shuttle. It is about a 45+ minute drive from port to FLL and the shuttle bus works. Yes, Uber might be a bit cheaper. Once again, with just 1 person, or even 2 people, sometimes the shuttle for the cruiseline is easier and less overall.

We are doing the Glory in 3 weeks and using the Carnival shuttle to/from FLL. Hotels in FLL area are much cheaper than in Miami, so the price works out even trade for us.

Thank you!!

I just did the run from POM to FLL on 4/1. We didn't rush off the ship & hung out at the port a few minutes as our group said our goodbyes. We got into our Lyft at 9:20 & arrived just after 10am at the airport. My flight was at 1:15. I had time to hang around & say more goodbyes before going through security. I would've made an 11:56 easily & that was without any rushing. So if all goes smoothly with arrival & debark you'll be fine!

Hi all!

and

Thanks everyone!

Hi!

We did this same cruise in August and came into FLL as well. We did the Carnival Transfer. I said NEVER EVER again. It took entirely too long!! They stop and pick up so many. I checked Uber prices and I will do that next.

We did an excursion and got to the airport really early! So I think your 4 minutes is ok :-)