FLL to POM

scdreamer

I am sure this question has been answered before, but I can't find it, so here goes.

Our cruise leaves out of POM at 5p.m. - but we are flying in the evening before to FLL.

Option 1 - Stay at a hotel in FLL and get to POM the following day (best way to do that?)

Option 2 - Get from the airport to a hotel in Miami (best way to do that?) and take a shuttle to POM day of cruise.

Are there other options? Suggestions? Advice?

Thanks!

I would stay in Fort Lauderdale and use Uber/Lyft if you are only two people....for more I would use a private shuttle company of which there are many to choose from to get you to POM late morning of your cruise day start.

Need to know how many people.

If it is a typical two cruises Uber is the answer to all your questions. Whether you want to stay in Lauderdale that evening or Miami that evening is up to you. Staying near the cruise port (in Miami specifically Downtown Miami or Brickell) makes embarkation day a little less hectic. It also comes with the added bonus of being able to have a nice meal that evening in Miami.

Or stay somewhere in Lauderdale (might be cheaper) and take an Uber down to the port the next day.

I am someone who likes to enjoy the port city, especially if its one I have not been to or a large global city. So if I was you, I would come down to Miami from FLL via Uber (assuming not a huge family of 6 with 6 bags) stay somewhere in Downtown Miami or Brickell and find a nice place to have a good dinner that night and enjoy Miami a bit.

It's also such a short drive from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, that you may as well just do it after you land and stay in Miami near the port.

I agree with Flymia, although there is a lot to do in Fort Lauderdale, I'd go to Miami after you land and have dinner, maybe check out South Beach, etc.

We are flying into Ft L and heading down to Miami the day before. No stress on the morning of. Plan on staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell. (free breakfast the next morning). Have a great trip which ever you pick.

We will be trying Uber for the first time also. So this should be fun!

We’ve done both, but for our last cruise last month, we flew into FLL and stayed at the Hotel YVE Miami right across the street from Bayside Marketplace. Nice, modern, and trendy hotel, and they even give you coupons for complimentary drinks at the Biscayne Tavern located in the hotel’s lobby. The rate was only $99 and we had a breathtaking 16th floor view of the Port of Miami. We watched our ship come in early that morning right from our window! Super short drive to the port on embarkation day!

We used Lyft for all of our transportation needs. SO easy, prompt, and most of all, cheaper than other means of transportation. The cost of our car for 4 from the port back to FLL was $37.

c3d14dcee8411a8e1b06323e5a703089.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We usually fly into FLL and stay there for the first night, and shuttle right to the port in the morning. We stayed at Holiday inn express 17th Street and enjoyed it very much. It's in a great location. Plus we used SAS shuttle $15/pp for the transfer. Fort Lauderdale tends to be cheaper than Miami .

Safe sailing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app