Luxury cruise recommendation

zltm089

Hi All

I'm currently looking for some luxury cruise ships that depart from Southampton. I have been on the Cunard ones (QM2 and Queen Victoria), but want to try some others now.

Anyone can recommend cruises are are high end and offer good food on board? Quite limited on budget, so will be looking at under 8 nights.

Cheers!

What attributes are you seeking when you are seeking a luxury cruise? They each have their own attributes that could make one better than the other for you.

The quality of the food and overall decor of the ship.

I'm mostly after good food really.

Luxury lines generally do not offer very short itineraries - and they are costly: you need to think in terms of about $400 per day. Oceania Marina from Southampton to ports in France and Spain May 23, 2018 would run about $4050 for ten nights. You might find shorter itineraries from other ports, but then you need to figure on air fare.

I have not seen many people book a cruise on a per day basis & certainly not a luxury line ..

Look at the bottom line for the whole trip then if it fits your budget book it

Oceania & Azamara are not a luxury lines they are considered Premium lines

Good food is subjective what one person thinks of as good another may not

Look at the whole package ..what is included in the price & if it something that you would use or willing to pay more for

JMO

I have not seen many people book a cruise on a per day basis & certainly not a luxury line ..

Look at the bottom line for the whole trip then if it fits your budget book it

Oceania & Azamara are not a luxury lines they are considered Premium lines

Good food is subjective what one person thinks of as good another may not

Look at the whole package ..what is included in the price & if it something that you would use or willing to pay more for

JMO

Of course people do not book on a per day basis - but when someone emphasizes budget concerns, referring to some benchmark, such as per diem, does facilitate his getting a grasp of comparative costs.

Oh, yes we do. As soon as Crystal opens up the calendar for new cruises, there is a fellow who calculates all the per diems, makes the results available on his website, and regularly updates any changes. We are right there watching the numbers. On the day cruise 8218 opened up for booking, many of regulars on the Crystal board booked on the spot, with a great per diem being a major factor.

Of course, the cruise per diem is just part of total cost of the trip - but it is a calculated, value determinant for many.

Just for starters, have a look at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2523769

Edited by Shorex

Of course people do not book on a per day basis - but when someone emphasizes budget concerns, referring to some benchmark, such as per diem, does facilitate his getting a grasp of comparative costs.

Maybe so but when you are just looking at the per diem rate you may be missing some other factor

I look at the total cruise fare & what is included in that price

If it is $4000 pp for a 10 day cruise with airfare included & I want that cruise then I will book it

YMMV