Miami Hotel?????

DTT

This is my list of go to hotels in Miami. Sorry but it doesn't include the two you mentioned. For those two if you don't get a lot of feedback I would check out Trip Advisor.

We spend about one week in Miami each year before a cruise.

Not knowing your price point that you want to spend on a room I will give you several selections; some of which have been mentioned.

They are all within about one mile of each other.

Close to the Port:

Intercontinental

Marriott Maquis (about four years old)

Epic Hotel (priciest of the ones I am mentioning)

Holiday Inn (some like it but I would recommend the other two)

Hyatt (I like the location better of the first three even though it is close by)

These hotels are about five minutes from the port. Near restaurants and CVS Pharmacy which is good to pick up last minute items and near a Whole Foods.

Just a couple of minutes further from the port

Mandarin Oriental (priciest of the ones mentioned). Private man made beach.

About 10 minutes from the port or maybe 15 depending on traffic but relatively close so no worries.

JW Marriott

Conrad Hilton

East Miami (relative new hotel so doesn't get mentioned much and is near the new Brickell Centre. More on Brickell in a moment.)

And then just another few minutes away

Four Seasons (like Mandarin a bit pricier then most I've listed) but in a very quiet location.

Hampton Inn (a lot of value here. It is not a full service hotel but it is a nice Hampton and includes breakfast)

The last group of hotels I have mentioned starting with Mandarin Oriental and ending with Hampton Inn are near lots of restaurants.

There is Mary Brickell Village and right near there are lots of restaurants (for Italian I like Perricone's) and also near two CVS Pharmacies (JW Marriott right next to a 24 hour one) and near Publix (there are two in the area) where you can pick up lots of last minute items.

Then there is the new Brickell Centre which opened last in 2016. Lots of stores and restaurants.

I have stayed at some of these hotels and have been inside each and everyone.

Again, they represent a wide range of price points.

Keith

Keith provides a good list above; I am not familiar with Town Suites. Some rooms at the Doubletree and next door Marriott offer views of the port - a great way to start your cruise if you can swing it. More dining/nightlife in the Mary Brickell area, but there are several options near the Doubletree.

Are you referring to the TowneSuites by Marriott? That hotel is in the city of Doral in the opposite direction from the airport to the port. Which also begs the question of is the Doubletree you booked also one near MIA rather than the Biscayne Bay location assumed by the earlier replies?

Further details from the OP would be helpful

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the help Cruise critic readers. I appreciate it. The Town Place Suites I’m talking about is a Marriott and it says it is at Miami airport 4021 NW. 11th St. Can someone tell me if this is an OK place to stay.

Thanks. Otherwise I think I will look at the list. Oh so many decisions to make. I am looking at staying December 22 for my cruise from December 23.

Why stay at an airport hotel if you don't have to. You picked two very different locations and hotels. Go with the Double Tree or go with one of the hotels in Keith's list.

What time do you get in? Do you want to do anything in Miami or just want a bed to sleep in?

I agree with Flymia - unless you are arriving late and just want dinner and a bed I would avoid an airport area hotel.

Better hotels near MIA can be found in the Blue Lagoon area (Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.) with a local strip mall nearby with dining and shopping options.

Better yet, choose a downtown hotel and experience a little slice of Miami for the day.