Charleston SC Hotels

Potter2010

There are some hotels in Mt. Pleasant (which is just over the Ravenel Bridge abt. 10-15 min away) that have cruise packages ie....park and shuttle services (Hampton Inn being one) and there a a couple of hotels West of the Ashley River (also about 10-15 min away) on Savannah Highway that I think offer park and cruise packages.. Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn as well.

If being in downtown Charleston is important to you...(it is rather pricey) there are many to choose from... Embassy Suites, Francis Marion Hotel, Doubletree suites... etc. along with many B & B's.

We stayed on after our cruise in February at the Best Western King charles Inn and it was lovely !!! Great location, walking distance to everything, close to port and we would stay there again in a heartbeat!!!!

There are six of us girls are booked here pre cruise, so it's good to hear it's a great place.:D

Thanks for all the help

Try charlestoncruisepackages dot com for suggestions on where to stay that you can leave your car and get a shuttle to the port.

Downtown is optimum if you want to tour around downtown before cruising but you will pay for it. Mount Pleasant is close and some hotels are right on the other side of the river overlooking where the ship docks.

We are staying at Best Western Charleston Downtown... we can leave our car there for the duration of the cruise, parking at the terminal is 15 dollars a day, might as well roll that into a hotel package. Best Western has a shuttle that will take us to the port. The link that was mentioned above is where I also found my park and cruise hotel :) Good luck!

I booked via Priceline and got a room at the Residence Inn Airport for $55! Fantastic hotel! Free full breakfast every morning, too! Cab fare to the port was $22. I highly recommend this hotel!

:cool:Bill

They allowed you to leave your car there while on the cruise with that rate ?

We'll be in Charleston in September. Have booked the Hampton Inn Patriot's Point, just across the river. Got a AAA rate for the Stay Pack and Go package that allows us to leave the car there and take their shuttle to the port and back on debarkation day.

All suggestions welcome and all reviews appreciated this spring and summer!

I booked via Priceline and got a room at the Residence Inn Airport for $55! Fantastic hotel! Free full breakfast every morning, too! Cab fare to the port was $22. I highly recommend this hotel!

You couldn't pay me to stay at the airport or in North Charleston.

Both The Mills House and The King Charles Best Western are excellent hotels in excellent locations. I've stayed at both on multiple occaisions and will do so in the future.

The Andrew Pinckney Inn is also a reasonably priced downtown hotel.

You couldn't pay me to stay at the airport or in North Charleston.

Both The Mills House and The King Charles Best Western are excellent hotels in excellent locations. I've stayed at both on multiple occaisions and will do so in the future.

The Andrew Pinckney Inn is also a reasonably priced downtown hotel.

I am thinking these folks are looking for a reasonably priced hotel. My opinion what you think is reasonable (Andrew Pinckney) is not in my pocket book and probably in other folks too. The cheapest room is 169.00 per night:eek:

Most downtown hotel do not let you park for the length of the cruise witch is why we are trying to find another location this trip . We usually stay at Mills house or French quarter Inn but then we would be paying there rats plus the 75.00 parking fee .

We have booked the The King Charles Best Western for our pre crusie stay in July. I have read many reviews, but there are some that say the noise level is loud. If you have stayed at the King Charles

have you found that to be accurate?

Also, we will be without a car. Can we navigate historic Chaleston without one?

Thanks for the info.

I am thinking these folks are looking for a reasonably priced hotel. My opinion what you think is reasonable (Andrew Pinckney) is not in my pocket book and probably in other folks too. The cheapest room is 169.00 per night:eek:

Amen, bro!

We have booked the The King Charles Best Western for our pre crusie stay in July. I have read many reviews, but there are some that say the noise level is loud. If you have stayed at the King Charles

have you found that to be accurate?

Also, we will be without a car. Can we navigate historic Chaleston without one?

Thanks for the info.

I've never found the King Charles rooms loud at all.

A car is a pain in Charleston so you are perfect without one.

My last year at USC I had to intern for the SC Department of Corrections and ALL of our gang members were North Charleston. They have the worst gang problems and drug problems in the state.

Being a Charleston girl, you know yourself that downtown hotels are expensive and you get what you pay for.

We'll be in Charleston in September. Have booked the Hampton Inn Patriot's Point' date=' just across the river. Got a AAA rate for the Stay Pack and Go package that allows us to leave the car there and take their shuttle to the port and back on debarkation day.

All suggestions welcome and all reviews appreciated this spring and summer![/quote']

I stayed in this hotel last month, and also in July 2010. Going back this July, too.

I've never had good luck with price line and such. This hotel sounds pricey at first until you factor in port parking fees versus leaving your car parked in the safe (well lit) parking lot and taking free transportation to and from the port. The shuttle van leaves between 11 and 11:30 for the port, and as of March did not stop at other hotels to pick up passengers. We drove to the dock, stewards took our luggage out of the back of the van as we got out, we walked thru a gate and onto a shuttle that took us to the terminal. We were on the ship both times around noon.

This hotel is easy to get to and also has a very good breakfast buffet.

Hope this helps!

I've never found the King Charles rooms loud at all.

A car is a pain in Charleston so you are perfect without one.

My last year at USC I had to intern for the SC Department of Corrections and ALL of our gang members were North Charleston. They have the worst gang problems and drug problems in the state.

Being a Charleston girl, you know yourself that downtown hotels are expensive and you get what you pay for.

I agree North Charleston MOST areas are not safe. Downtown also has it's bad parts and drug dealer areas and it's not far from the port.

I think everyone needs to have a sense of their surroundings and not wandering around a strange town.

I've only been to Charleston on business, but I've stayed twice at the Ansonborough Inn (http://www.ansonboroughinn.com). It is right on the outside of "down town" and is a short walk to the market, great restaurants, and the promenade. It's also within walking distance to the port. It's a beautiful remodeled mill building with lots of exposed wood. Rates were pretty reasonable for a nice suite-type room (about $169). There is a 24 hour grocery store right across the street, which was a bonus. Charleston must be gorgeous in May. Unfortunately I've only gone there in October.

I agree North Charleston MOST areas are not safe. Downtown also has it's bad parts and drug dealer areas and it's not far from the port.

I think everyone needs to have a sense of their surroundings and not wandering around a strange town.

Have you see this hotel yet? Restoration On King http://www.restorationonking.com/?gclid=CNOp_NqvjqgCFQmt7QodUi-qCQ

My best friend and her husband stayed there Bridge Run weekend (we slummed it at The Days Inn) and that hotel is amazing! They have the coolest rooftop lounge for guests only and since the hotel doesn't have a bar, we got Yo Burrito to deliver big margaritas to us and vegged on the roof for hours. Amazing.

Have you see this hotel yet? Restoration On King http://www.restorationonking.com/?gclid=CNOp_NqvjqgCFQmt7QodUi-qCQ

My best friend and her husband stayed there Bridge Run weekend (we slummed it at The Days Inn) and that hotel is amazing! They have the coolest rooftop lounge for guests only and since the hotel doesn't have a bar, we got Yo Burrito to deliver big margaritas to us and vegged on the roof for hours. Amazing.

Very nice looking but since I live here I have never needed to stay in a hotel LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know anything about eh Embassy Suites in North Charleston/Airport? All of the reviews I have read have been great, but I have also heard that North Charelston is not that great. We plan to do park and sail, so our car would be parked there for a week. Would our car not be safe at that hotel? (Not that anyone would actually want it...it's a 2002 mini-van with 178,00 miles on it and lots of wear and tear from 3 kids!)

Archived