The Sovereign Lives On!

Thanks for the link Cruiserccl!

I'm happy to see that at least a piece of Sovereign will continue in the RCCL fleet :)

I wonder what they'll do with the messed up logo? Or another thought... I hope nothing else 'important' on the ship was made out of specifications!

- Ryan

Love that idea.

I was on the Sovereign in January 1991.

WOW! The stories that ship has! :D

Thanks for the link Cruiserccl!

I'm happy to see that at least a piece of Sovereign will continue in the RCCL fleet :)

I wonder what they'll do with the messed up logo? Or another thought... I hope nothing else 'important' on the ship was made out of specifications!

- Ryan

I guess things happen for a reason! Im glad that Royal Caribbean is bring 'old' to 'new'! :D

I would love to stroll through that warehouse where those logos are being stored. Who knows what else is in there.

You know i was thinking that same thing. Signs from the Song Of Norway. Items from the Song Of America and who knows what else! Hey RCCL new excursion in Miami?

RicardoC, I wasn't clear from Richard Fain's Blog. He said:

"So Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas will each have one of these magnificent art pieces and we all couldn’t be more thrilled"

So, based on that, is he implying there is another one in the warehouse? Or, maybe he already knows that another ship will be retired before Allure.

- Ryan

RicardoC, I wasn't clear from Richard Fain's Blog. He said:

"So Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas will each have one of these magnificent art pieces and we all couldn’t be more thrilled"

So, based on that, is he implying there is another one in the warehouse? Or, maybe he already knows that another ship will be retired before Allure.

- Ryan

The Sovereign had 2 crown and anchors one on both sides.

Love that idea.

I was on the Sovereign in January 1991.

Way cool! Way to go RCI!

I was on Cruise #4 in February 1988 ... my first cruise. And one of the most memorable vacations I have ever been on. The Sovereign paved the way for all the mega ships to come. It's only fitting that she be honored so prominently on the newest mega ship.

Nice idea. I'll bet there are other things in that warehouse that could be recycled in a nostalgic sort of way.

But, did you read how much that thing weighs? 1200 lbs? That's going to be some significant structure to hold that baby in place, especially where it is located.

Cool - that answers the question from my 11 year old son when we saw Sovereign in Barcelona yesterday (still beautiful) - quote 'What do they do with her Crown and Anchor sign??' he was quite curious to know as he loves the logo and is RCCL ship crazy - this answers that for him - it's lovely to see the old ships live on in the new!!!

Thats awesome. Its almost like when they weld coins from the different countries involved in a ship build in the bow of the ship.

Hey if RCCL is in financial hardship they should open up that warehouse and put some of those items on ebay....:D

Bound to be some collector/cruise fan that would pay big bucks for some of those historical items. I mean that thing would make a great hood ornament on your car...errrr I mean tank.

Thats awesome. Its almost like when they weld coins from the different countries involved in a ship build in the bow of the ship.

Hey if RCCL is in financial hardship they should open up that warehouse and put some of those items on ebay....:D

Bound to be some collector/cruise fan that would pay big bucks for some of those historical items. I mean that thing would make a great hood ornament on your car...errrr I mean tank.

Or GREAT in "My RCCL Room" see pictures by clicking link in my signature! :D

Thanks for the link Chris. Did a quite a few cruises on her. She started doing the Eastern itinerary IIRC. Just pulled out some old cruise compasses and Capt. Johnny and Ken Rush were on our 1st Sovereign cruise.

Dave

Thanks for the link Chris. Did a quite a few cruises on her. She started doing the Eastern itinerary IIRC. Just pulled out some old cruise compasses and Capt. Johnny and Ken Rush were on our 1st Sovereign cruise.

Dave

As you would know i wish i could have sailed on her! :D

BTW: Do you think you could please email me those Voyager compasses we were talking about?

As you would know i wish i could have sailed on her! :D

BTW: Do you think you could please email me those Voyager compasses we were talking about?

You might not have sailed on her Chris, but Bennie did!!!:D

Sound like Mr Fain doesn't like people messing with the Crown & anchor!:D

It is a nice touch showcasing Sovereign's Crown & Anchors at such a prominent spot on Oasis & Allure. Sovereign was our first cruise and the ship that got us hooked on cruising as well.

Archived