[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:31 PM.
Germany
4,124 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by utteraft
We just got back off a 20night TA Costa Cruise and loved it.
Service on board was great and efficient. I read all the reviews I could find about theDeliziosa and their TAs in general and here are some of the things that havechanged. The common restrooms were allvery clean and well stocked. The nightlyshows were very good and we only missed one or two. Yes, the main language onboard was Italian,but then the 2nd was usually English. A daily Ship Events paper was in English andthe menus were in English as well. Weate most of our meals in the main dining room on deck two, but also tried thebuffet a few times. Dining at the buffetwas like WalMart on Black Friday. Thiswas not Costa’s fault but our fellow passengers.
We met other passengers that had been on other Costacruises; some as many as 11 times. Weasked them what had changed and most said was the details. Things seemed worn and dirty, like where youwould put your hand on an upholstered chair. Most guests were charged for water, but US guests were not. German travel companies from what we heardhad sued Costa about their automatic tipping policy and won. Therefore, theGermans tip on service and are not automatically charged. We did not purchase a drink package but drankdailyJ
Wow! Becareful you could be soon getting hate mail because you like Costa (as I do).

In German the "automatic service charge" is included in the price we pay, there is no need to tip extra - unless the staff when above and beyond the call of duty.
Sydney, Australia
289 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by G.M.T.
Wow! Becareful you could be soon getting hate mail because you like Costa (as I do).

In German the "automatic service charge" is included in the price we pay, there is no need to tip extra - unless the staff when above and beyond the call of duty.
Same as in Australia- depending on how you book. If booking through an Australian TA then its included in the price paid. The price paid is always more that what's quoted on the Costa site to cover this.

If booking directly through the Costa site or with an international web based company then no the service fee is not pre-paid and is added to the on board account.

Here its a matter of being aware what each booking method includes, looking at the discounts (if any) being offered, weighing up the perks associated with each offer (sometimes OBC etc) and current exchange rates.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Norway
35 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Originally posted by jeepndd
What about smoking, we're not but have been to Europe to see most are, or so it seemed.

When would Europeans have holidays outside of typical Christian holidays?
In Norway we have holiday for one week in the autumn. Usually around week 40 or 41. And we have one week in late february.

Summer vacations are usually from 23. June to 15. August.