Sofa bed with only 2 people in cabin?

Can you ask for the use of the sofa bed in a cabin even if there are only 2 people sharing? Would the steward have a problem with making/unmaking it every day?

On our deck plan (Brilliance of the Seas) it shows that both a sofa bed and a Pullman are available in our booked cabin - I'm assuming this stays the same even with only 2 passengers?

I'm curious now :D Why would you want to sleep on the sofa when you can ask for the beds to be separated? My kids sleep on the sofa just fine but I wouldn't choose to sleep on it if there was a bed available.

I am sure the cabin attendant would make up the sofa bed for you if you requested it.

Can you ask for the use of the sofa bed in a cabin even if there are only 2 people sharing? Would the steward have a problem with making/unmaking it every day?

On our deck plan (Brilliance of the Seas) it shows that both a sofa bed and a Pullman are available in our booked cabin - I'm assuming this stays the same even with only 2 passengers?

The furniture in the room is never changed. If you cabin has a sofabed, it's always there.

If you prefer to sleep in it, just tell your steward. It will be no problem.

When did they stop separating the beds before we board? I'm now told to tell the steward when we board (if we can find him) to separate the beds. On all my other cruises, I requested the bed setup when I booked.

When did they stop separating the beds before we board? I'm now told to tell the steward when we board (if we can find him) to separate the beds. On all my other cruises, I requested the bed setup when I booked.

They don't pay any attention to that. They just set them up together, and if you board and don't like it, they will be separated while you are at dinner during evening turndown service.

Thanks for the replies. All I can say in response is - we like a lot of bed, as in quantity of room :o Not to mention getting a little more distance from the OH's snoring ...

He could sleep on a clothesline if he had to - and if there was one hanging outside the ship I'd probably dispatch him there at certain times!!

Thanks for the replies. All I can say in response is - we like a lot of bed, as in quantity of room :o Not to mention getting a little more distance from the OH's snoring ...

He could sleep on a clothesline if he had to - and if there was one hanging outside the ship I'd probably dispatch him there at certain times!!

If it's a balcony cabin.........put him out there. Your cabin steward will be happy to put his pillow and blanket on the lounger.

:D :D :D :D

They don't pay any attention to that. They just set them up together, and if you board and don't like it, they will be separated while you are at dinner during evening turndown service.

Do we just leave a note or hang around waiting for him to check up with us?

Chances are he/she will introduce themselves while you in your room unpacking or if you see him just let them know at that time you would like the beds separated. In the evening when they come and get your room ready, they will separate the beds before you retire for the evening.

Don't we just make the choice of bed set up on our cruise choices for the bed in our profile??

Yes, but it seems they don't pay attention to that any more. They are always set up together now. We always ask the stateroom attendant to separate them. At one time we wanted them to be together, but, now separate them to make the room seem bigger and easier to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Several years ago, they were always set up separated. Then my husband went on a cruise with a male friend one time and when they got to the cabin, the beds were together. Go figure.....

Just ask them to be separated, if that is what you want. No problem.

Gwen [emoji3]

If it's a balcony cabin.........put him out there. Your cabin steward will be happy to put his pillow and blanket on the lounger.

The hard part will be getting the steward to put a lounger on the balcony. ;)

Yes, but it seems they don't pay attention to that any more. They are always set up together now. We always ask the stateroom attendant to separate them. At one time we wanted them to be together, but, now separate them to make the room seem bigger and easier to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Several years ago, they were always set up separated. Then my husband went on a cruise with a male friend one time and when they got to the cabin, the beds were together. Go figure.....

Just ask them to be separated, if that is what you want. No problem.

Gwen [emoji3]

My husband and I have always had the opposite problem, we request beds together when we book, and beds have always been apart when we board. It's a quick fix and the room steward is always happy to oblige; not that big of a deal, but it always does make us wonder if things would be different if we were a straight couple.

My husband and I have always had the opposite problem, we request beds together when we book, and beds have always been apart when we board. It's a quick fix and the room steward is always happy to oblige; not that big of a deal, but it always does make us wonder if things would be different if we were a straight couple.

I doubt that it would make a difference. The beds have been together on pretty much every cruise I have taken with Royal Caribbean. And more of them have been daughter or female friend than with my husband. On one cruise, ours were apart and the connecting with 2 daughters were together. We went to guest services and got keys switched when the line got shorter instead of making steward change both rooms. Until we did that, we had a day of coming in through the connecting cabin.

Nope. It wouldn't.

They will do it just ask. I do it when sailing with my bff.

Why not everyone likes sleeping in a twin. He is tall and I do not mind the couch

You will once you try to sleep on it. They are as hard as a rock, even with an egg shell pad that they give you. You might was to ask for two of them.

I will be sailing on Anthem next year with my sister (our first sisters cruise) and she snores like a freight train. If the ear plugs do not work, I am putting her butt on the balcony.:D

Edited by Irene7

You will once you try to sleep on it. They are as hard as a rock, even with an egg shell pad that they give you. You might was to ask for two of them.

I have slept on the pull out multiple times. Their comfort varies

I have slept on the pull out multiple times. Their comfort varies

Well that's good to know. We have never had a comfortable one. I hope the sofa on Anthem is good because we will have three in our cabin and will flip a coin for who gets the sofa the first night and then rotate the rest of the week so it is fair for each of us.

I will be sailing on Anthem next year with my sister (our first sisters cruise) and she snores like a freight train. If the ear plugs do not work, I am putting her butt on the balcony.:D

I have a white noise machine that is packed before any other item. However, the beds need to be a good distance apart before it works effectively. Some twin bed arrangements might as well be together from the sound point of view. Not sure how far apart the beds will be in a RCI balcony cabin?

I can only tolerate ear plugs for one night before my ears get irritated :( I've tried every possible snore relief aid to little or no avail. The balcony option is an idea, but it didn't make much odds the last time we had one on P&O - it was somewhere to escape though, so that's one reason we have one booked this time :D