Emerald a HUGE disappointment

heddyjan

Yep, fully agree with you. But when the staff show no interest - or do not understand your concern, is reason to be worried.

Like many other things on a cruise ship, you need to point out problems to the correct person.

In the case of the buffet, ask to speak with one of the headwaiters.

I guarantee you he will take interest when you report food that has been contaminated by passengers.

Like many other things on a cruise ship, you need to point out problems to the correct person.

In the case of the buffet, ask to speak with one of the headwaiters.

I guarantee you he will take interest when you report food that has been contaminated by passengers.

I was on the AOS when noro was going round, and I saw a wheelchair bound passenger and their pusher, continually dodge the sanitizer.

Looking at the cleanliness of the wheelchair armrests and handles, I actually went to guest non services and suggested they impose the cleaning regime a little more.

I was told that they could not do anything, because it was the passenger's private property. Cop out or what?:eek:

We were on the same cruise and can't attest to seeing this in the buffet as we rarely ate there (hate buffets), we had fabulous food in the dining rooms. Why would you want to fight your way through buffets with people behaving like they have never seen food before when you can eat in the dining room with fantastic staff, sensible portions and really, really good food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...Why would you want to fight your way through buffets with people behaving like they have never seen food before when you can eat in the dining room with fantastic staff, sensible portions and really, really good food.

There are times we don't want to dress up on formal nights (rapidly disappearing), or want to eat fairly quickly to get good seats for a show. Service can be slow in the MDR these days, especially if dining at a large table. But, in general, we would much rather eat in the MDR for the reasons you mention!

And sometimes you just get tired of the MDR process and just want a quick tasty meal. I dislike buffets too but find the Celebrity buffet very tempting and pleasant. Can't say the same about the Diamond. There just seemed to be a missing serving area.

Edited by Pushka