Can I bring wine to the cruise?

Valentina84

Hi all!

I'm excited to enter the MSC cruise in Marseille in about 10 days. MSC Opera.

Can I bring a bottle of wine in my luggage? What about at each port, can I purchase wine outside the cruise ship and bring it into the ship?

Thank you all! This is my first cruise.

You are not allowed to board with food or drinks. If you purchase alcohol in port it will be held by MSC until the end of your cruise. A few people have said they've boarded and it hasn't been removed from them but officially this isn't the procedure.

As Hey Tina said, officially no. I wouldn't attempt it at embarkation; however, on a recent 21 days on Meraviglia, I discovered that all types of "bottles" we're being brought onboard at port stops. All bags went through scanners but no bottles were ever confiscated. We only ever brought a 2l of diet Coke onboard, but I spoke with people who brought wine back.

BTW, we loved the MSC cruise!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Can I bring a bottle of wine in my luggage? What about at each port, can I purchase wine outside the cruise ship and bring it into the ship?

One bottle in the suitcase usually will not be confiscated. But a swiss knife with a screwdriver will!

MSC got very easy with alcohol purchased during the cruise. So different to the years before.

I don’t think MSC experiences the level of drunken risky behaviors that the usual “US” mass lines experience and does not enforce. Suspect will change if spring breakers discover MSC

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are not allowed to board with food or drinks. If you purchase alcohol in port it will be held by MSC until the end of your cruise. A few people have said they've boarded and it hasn't been removed from them but officially this isn't the procedure.

We are talking about Europe here and you can bring as much food and alcohol as you wish. MSC does not even sell alcohol on board as Duty free in Europe.

We are talking about Europe here and you can bring as much food and alcohol as you wish. MSC does not even sell alcohol on board as Duty free in Europe.

There is alcohol on board for sale as duty free on the cruise I'm currently on. We departed from Hamburg, which if I'm not mistaken, is in Europe.

There is alcohol on board for sale as duty free on the cruise I'm currently on. We departed from Hamburg, which if I'm not mistaken, is in Europe.

north Europe may be different ,we did not have any on Divina Med. cruise. something to do with cabotage rules

Thank you all for the response! I have a sulfite allergy and can’t drink just any wine! I will take the risk and take mine with me and see what happens! Also, I ordered plastic drink pouches that are supposedly not able to be detected and I plan on filling them up with vodka and rum! I just don’t want to spend a fortune on the cruise and my boyfriend isn’t much of a drinker so he doesn’t think it’s a good idea to both pay for the unlimited drink package!