10/1 ~10/12/18 Celebrity Reflection - Seeking people to join our group tour

cutepug

We are 5 easy going Asian couples in our late 50s, coming from all different parts of the world. We will be on Celebrity Reflection from 10/1 ~ 10/12/2018.

I am the experienced group leader and have done lots of research on every port our ship docks, as well as, selecting a reputable tour company with great service and reasonable price. Due to every tour company, in this Europe region, offers the lowest pricing for a group of 8 people rather than 10, where the tour price jumps almost double the cost per person from 8 people to 10 people. So, I am seeking 6 cruise mates on this exact same ship to join our tour group, in order to get the lowest tour price and enjoy the best time on the trip for everyone.

I am currently organizing our group tours at three ports with Papillon service:

https://www.papillonservice.com/excursions/

10/10 - Villefranche - Èze, Nice, St. Paul de Vence & Monaco (8 hrs)/ 80 Euro p.p.

10/11 - La Spezia - Lucca & Pisa (8-9 hours) / 85 Euro p.p.

10/12 ​- Rome - 8AM pick up at the port, then tour in Rome (up to 9 hours)/ 80 Euro p.p.

(Driver will drop us off at our hotels by Termini station.)

Please note:

1. These three tours are easy walking pace sight-seeing tours, no strenuous activities.

2. Price quoted above is based on 8 people in a van and tour only. Not including any entrance fee.

3. If join the transfer from Civitavecchia port to Rome tour at the end of our cruise on 10/12. The luggage allowance per person is one check-in luggage and one carry-on only. Van will have no extra space to fit any extra stuff.

4. Once I make the booking with my credit card as collateral. The refund policy is 50% penalty if cancel within two weeks from departure date; 100% if canceled two days prior the departure or no show on the date of the departure. So, I would need you to be 100% sure that you will commit in good faith. You are fully responsible for the cost of the tour(s) you choose to join once you are chosen to join our group.

5. I will allow A WEEK of time from the day you join before August 15 to change your mind, so that there will be time for me to seeking others if I need to.

6. Tips to the guides/drivers (if any) will be at your own discretion.

6. Full refund will be granted by the tour company if for any reason our ship cannot dock at the port.

Here is absolute a must qualifications to join:

1. Possess an easy going and on time habit personality!

2. Physically fit and is able to walk with ease in good speed.

3. Tour cost will be collected in Euro as soon as the date we are on board by me and paid at the end of each tour by CASH in order to get the 10% off discount price the company offers.

4. Preferably understand English or Taiwanese Mandarin speaking.

If you are interested to join us and find you both agreed and qualify the request above. Please reply to this post and let me know your name, age, ethnicity with country of current residency, and your home phone numbers and cruise cabin numbers.

Luvcrusn, Thank you for your good wish! But I am totally new on Cruise Critic forum, I have been trying to find the correct place to post my new threat and attract attention from our cruise mates since yesterday 7/20. I did find the Celebrity Reflection 10/1 ~ 10/12/18 roll call forum, but could not post it as a New Threat to attract attention. I have been posted it everywhere and seemed to not getting it right so far! ( I had also followed Laura's guidance on "how to post") This was my latest try and you are the first to tell me it's at the wrong place again. Oh Boy!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. When you found your Roll Call you found the correct place for your post. To actually post on an existing Roll Call you need to use the Post Reply button, even though you are not replying to a previous post. The New Thread when in the Roll Call forum is to start a brand new Roll Call. Once a Roll Call exists all posts get added through the Post Reply.

jelayne, I've just followed your instruction, going to my ship's roll call and clicked on "View discussion", then "post reply", but it does not allow me to put the title of my post as a NEW threat.

gerelmx, thank you for trying to help on this. The problem I have was not that I wasn't able to find the place for my ship's roll call forum, but to post it on the forum as a FIRST NEW THREAT in order to attract all readers' attention, rather than be buried in the 22nd page discussions where no one will ever noticed it.

Once you find your Roll Call, click on the Roll Call and date, not on view discussion. Make sure you are logged in. in (upper right). Then post by clicking the post reply button. It will not be a new thread as on the Celebrity forum page, but will be posted as part of an ongoing discussion with your fellow cruise mates. Since they have subscribed to the Roll Call, they'll be notified of new posts and will see your excursion suggestion.

Note: I know it's probably just a language issue, but what you're trying to do is post a new thread, not threat. Threat is ominous and indicated danger.

Cutepug, I see you correctly posted in your roll call. Don’t worry about not having a separate thread. I find newcomers usually scroll through all the pages and will find your post. You’re still pretty far out so don’t get discouraged if no one responds. In a couple weeks you can repost in the same thread. Sometimes it’s better to do a shorter post with a link to the full details.

gerelmx, thank you for trying to help on this. The problem I have was not that I wasn't able to find the place for my ship's roll call forum, but to post it on the forum as a FIRST NEW THREAT in order to attract all readers' attention, rather than be buried in the 22nd page discussions where no one will ever noticed it.

See this way A roll Call is a thread not a forum, a thread for that sailing

Luvcrusn, Thank you for pointing out my spelling mistake! I just realized I have typed "threat" all over my replies. Yes, I meant thread for sure, not threat. I was typing too fast using my auto pilot mode. Hahaaa...

Edited by cutepug

Cutepug, don't worry about your post being buried. I suspect that many cruise critic readers, like myself, have the post arranged from newest to oldest. That way when I click on any thread or Roll Call, the newest posts appear on page 1 at the top. Even if they don't, they subscribers of that thread will receive a notification of a new post with a link to return to the post. Good luck.

Luvcrusn, thank you so much for your tips and encouragements! Now, I have to find out how to set the forum on "newest first"!

If you are on the website just go to the right hand side of the page. Make sure you're logged in. On the Celebrity forum page, scroll down a bit until you see Display Options. Choose Thread Title, Ascending Order, Last Day and you'll be good to go.

Luvcrusn, thank you! I was luckily able to find the setting and set it to read "newest first" after reading your last post. I am totally new on Cruise Critic when comes to posting. I do find it pretty user unfriendly and hard to navigate compares to TripAdvisor website. I remembered I never had such hard time navigate or post anything on TripAdvisor and get the help I wanted immediately when I first went on that website years ago. I am sure I need time to get used to this complicate Cruise Critic format.

I also find it's strange that this website do not allow posts to be deleted by the poster after 20 minutes. Because I was posting my message all over the forums yesterday (my first day of trials and errors). I felt sorry to bother people who have nothing to do with it so I tried to delete them, but found out no one can delete anything by will.

Edited by cutepug

Luvcrusn, thank you! I was luckily able to find the setting and set it to read "newest first" after reading your last post. I am totally new on Cruise Critic when comes to posting. I do find it pretty user unfriendly and hard to navigate compares to TripAdvisor website. I remembered I never had such hard time navigate or post anything on TripAdvisor and get the help I wanted immediately when I first went on that website years ago. I am sure I need time to get used to this complicate Cruise Critic format.

I also find it's strange that this website do not allow posts to be deleted by the poster after 20 minutes. Because I was posting my message all over the forums yesterday (my first day of trials and errors). I felt sorry to bother people who have nothing to do with it so I tried to delete them, but found out no one can delete anything by will.

You are correct, you can only edit your own posts for 20 minutes. It takes a while to figure out the site, but most folks on here are pretty helpful and there's a lot of useful information that's shared. I hope you find cruise mates to share your excursions. Happy sailing.

Luvcrusn, Thank you for all your help and encouragements! I appreciate and thank all the people like you, who are so willing to share your knowledge and experience with strangers! Your kind spirit is forever appreciated in my heart!