Norovirus

We are on board the Radiance of the Seas and since lunchtime today there has been major cleaning all over the ship. They are running a documentary on the viruses continually on tv and have advised passengers that there is a small number on board with suspected Norovirus infection.

Hopefully it will be contained soon. :(

We are on board the Radiance of the Seas and since lunchtime today there has been major cleaning all over the ship. They are running a documentary on the viruses continually on tv and have advised passengers that there is a small number on board with suspected Norovirus infection.

Hopefully it will be contained soon. :(

Hi I'm on board with you. Thirty cases so far but glad to see they've gone into full lock down straight away & can hopefully contain it quickly. Hope you're enjoying the shows, so far fantastic. We had a mini CC meeting just six of us!

Thirty pax reported in with the noro, done the right thing. Probably another 330 wombats walking around the ship unreported, as they do. Hope it works out ok for all on board.

Yeah, hope they can stop it spreading.

I know what you mean about the wombats.:(

I often take precautions to prevent catching norovirus on ships by doing my own cleaning. I take my own sanatising wipes and wipe down every coat hanger I will use, inside every drawer and shelf I will store my clothes, I wipe down the television remote and all light switches and every area of the cabin I may come into contact with that is unlikely the stewards will clean.

This method has worked for me when I know there have been previous outbreaks. I specifically take the wipes for precaution against this particular virus.

I often take precautions to prevent catching norovirus on ships by doing my own cleaning. I take my own sanatising wipes and wipe down every coat hanger I will use, inside every drawer and shelf I will store my clothes, I wipe down the television remote and all light switches and every area of the cabin I may come into contact with that is unlikely the stewards will clean.

This method has worked for me when I know there have been previous outbreaks. I specifically take the wipes for precaution against this particular virus.

Could you please tell us which ones you use?

Hi I'm on board with you. Thirty cases so far but glad to see they've gone into full lock down straight away & can hopefully contain it quickly. Hope you're enjoying the shows, so far fantastic. We had a mini CC meeting just six of us!

Loving the shows, but the queues and the waiting to get into the auditorium have been stressful, there must be a better way to organise this. Worst still is the fact that there are not enough seats and some people have to stand. After all, we are all here for the music and with the expectation of getting a seat.

We also saw people reach over the cordoned off area to grab food with their hands, too much in a hurry to wait to be served. What chance do we have:( enjoy the rest of the cruise:)

[/b]

Could you please tell us which ones you use?

Wet Ones &Hands First have the anti noro stuff in them. They're handing out wipes all over the ship at the moment. Boarding delayed next cruise which we are on.

Yes nanaof2 long wait just to get a seat they need a better system but making alot of friends while waiting!

We are also on the cruise and agree with all Westaussie and Nanaof2 said. Can't avoid the buffet unfortunately as it's the only venue open for lunch on port days. However seems to be under control as they've stopped wiping down the cabin door handles, lol!

Great cruise, loving the variety of music, everyone cheerful and happy, must be the music.

Yes and we enjoyed our little CC get together of 6, our must intimate yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by davwen81

They are still cleaning rails, walls etc. Huge pressure on the crew, they are working so hard, we can only thank them for this:)

Good to know they are doing what is required, although they are always working hard, but with a noro outbreak, they have to do all that extra cleaning.

This may be a daft question, but how do they disinfect our sea passes when they are handled by the crew? If we use wipes on the sea pass, do the chemicals in the wipes affect the magnetic strip, especially when the sea pass is used by so manypeople during a day?

Noroviruses are very infectious and can spread easily from person-to-person. Both faeces and vomit are infectious. People can become infected with the virus in several ways, including:

eating food or drinking liquids that are contaminated with norovirus by food handlers who have not washed their hands adequately or from environmental contamination

touching surfaces or objects contaminated with norovirus and then placing their hands in their mouth, or eating before washing their hands

having direct contact with another person who is infected, for example, when caring for someone with illness, or sharing foods or eating utensils with someone who is ill.