Buying tabacco on all e.u cruise?

Playkwikli

Hi, due to leave on a no fly med cruise in the next few days,have been told tabacco products will not be sold on board any cruise that only visits e.u ports?? Have also been told any bought in the ports we visit are taken when you get back on board and not given back till the end of the cruise?? Not sure how true this is,if anyone can help or verify please??

We have cruised before but only non e.u ports!

Thanks,if you can help!

Hi, due to leave on a no fly med cruise in the next few days,have been told tabacco products will not be sold on board any cruise that only visits e.u ports?? Have also been told any bought in the ports we visit are taken when you get back on board and not given back till the end of the cruise?? Not sure how true this is,if anyone can help or verify please??

Thanks,if you can help!

Duty free is not available on any cruise which does not leave the EU. I suspect you will be going to Gibraltar this is not EU.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Where the duty free shop opens on board you can buy 200's in cigarettes and take immediate possession. Alcohol is retained until last day as far as I am aware. If duty free shop does not open early days you can purchase at ports, not sure about single pack availability.

Regards John

Thanks,if you can help!

We used to buy Golden Virginia tobacco for my late dad in ports of call in Europe where duty was paid and we were never prevented to bring it onboard..

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Cigarettes will usually be less expensive in the shops on Main Street in Gibraltar though bear in mind the limit for bringing them into the UK is 200. The shop in the terminal at Barcelona was also inexpensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I brought two 5 packs of golden virginia for £19 in Gib, and the drink was so cheap ☺. Don't buy it on the ship it's alot more expensive (although they do a price match).

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Where the duty free shop opens on board you can buy 200's in cigarettes and take immediate possession. Alcohol is retained until last day as far as I am aware. If duty free shop does not open early days you can purchase at ports, not sure about single pack availability.

Regards John

I have seen Single packs available in the Pub and Bars, Often see Passengers purchasing more than 1 packet but signing for them individually. I believe they are cheaper in the bars.

When we were Lisbon last year on Celebrity Eclipse there was an official shop at the dock side selling cigarettes VERY cheaply. Not quite as cheap as Gibraltar but much cheaper than spain. They also had a signup saying "tax paid" so my wife stocked up

Also, previously in Malaga the Duty Free shop at the port was happy to sell us stuff at Tax free rates despite being in Spain - Litre of Drambuie for £10!

When we were Lisbon last year on Celebrity Eclipse there was an official shop at the dock side selling cigarettes VERY cheaply. Not quite as cheap as Gibraltar but much cheaper than spain. They also had a signup saying "tax paid" so my wife stocked up

Also, previously in Malaga the Duty Free shop at the port was happy to sell us stuff at Tax free rates despite being in Spain - Litre of Drambuie for £10!

It seems the only place to stick to the rules is the UK.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app