Pre cruise Barcelona Hotel

scotty_das

Yet another vote for Hotel Jazz! We have stayed there multiple times with each visit being as good as the first! Great location, great price, great hotel! For just a few Euros, we always take the Aero Bus directly from the airport to Plaza Universitat, which is right across the street from Hotel Jazz. Easy, quick, and cheap! Then it is a short cab ride from Hotel Jazz to the ship on cruise day!

Yet another vote for Hotel Jazz! We have stayed there multiple times with each visit being as good as the first! Great location, great price, great hotel! For just a few Euros, we always take the Aero Bus directly from the airport to Plaza Universitat, which is right across the street from Hotel Jazz. Easy, quick, and cheap! Then it is a short cab ride from Hotel Jazz to the ship on cruise day!

Do you think the Aerobus would be easy to use with multiple bags?

I haven't stayed there yet - 74 days!!! - and I don't know if they have rooms that accommodate 4, but I'm at the Acta Atrium Palace in the L'Eixample area. It's right near Placa Catalunya, Passieg de Gracia, and the top of Las Ramblas. That area was far more recommended to me by the guy at the tour company I'm using than lower down on Las Ramblas, which he said can get pretty sketchy later at night.

It looks awesome and has good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

No. It is a great service but the luggage space is very limited. We have used the bus several times but only once with full sized suitcases and I wouldn't do it again. Ok if you only have carry on bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have a look at citadines Ramblas :)

I was going to recommend the Citadines as well. It is an Aparthotel and ideal for families or groups. They have 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Quite basic but clean and well equipped.

No. It is a great service but the luggage space is very limited. We have used the bus several times but only once with full sized suitcases and I wouldn't do it again. Ok if you only have carry on bags.

Thank-you, I guess we will stick to a taxi.:)

Found a perfect hotel (fingers crossed) Eurostars Grand Marina. Managed to get 2 rooms. Most hotels don't have room for a family of 4.

We don't arrive until late afternoon, so it was more of a hotel close to the cruise terminal that was better.

Well it Looks like the OP has Long found a Hotel;)

As long as you can manage your bags yourself, the bus itself was a piece of cake! I travelled using the Aero Bus multiple times, along with my 80-year-old Mother-in-law and we did just fine! We both had one large "wheelie" suitcase and a carry-on. The doorway to the bus is low to the ground so you don't have to lift the luggage too much. Once on the bus, there is an area where you stow the luggage within your sight.

As long as you can manage your bags yourself, the bus itself was a piece of cake! I travelled using the Aero Bus multiple times, along with my 80-year-old Mother-in-law and we did just fine! We both had one large "wheelie" suitcase and a carry-on. The doorway to the bus is low to the ground so you don't have to lift the luggage too much. Once on the bus, there is an area where you stow the luggage within your sight.

Thank-you, I appreciate the info.

We would have a total of three large bags between the two of us, plus two smaller carry-ons, so I still think a taxi would be best for us.

I guess you and I were posting opposite answers at the same time! ;)

Obviously everyone has different tolerance levels when it comes to what they are willing to endure when they travel! So, to clarea, I will say that your mileage may vary! :D

For me, the Aero Bus was a great option! I never had any issues with my luggage. I was travelling with a 29" spinner hardside suitcase, plus a large backpack and a purse. My mother-in-law had similar sized luggage. I was able to get all my stuff plus her and her stuff on the bus with no issue. Also, there was always some friendly traveler there to assist if needed.

But, only you will know how comfortable you are managing your own luggage. I also always do the self-disembark at the end of my cruises, hauling all my luggage off the ship. Never had a problem there either! :) This is well within my comfort zone. Obviously it is not within everyone's comfort zone though!

I will add though, that grabbing a cab at the airport is as easy as it comes! Just a tad more pricey! No matter how you get there, you will enjoy your stay at Hotel Jazz!

Thank-you, I appreciate the info.

We would have a total of three large bags between the two of us, plus two smaller carry-ons, so I still think a taxi would be best for us.

I agree 100% with your decision! Even I would not want to manage THREE large suitcases and two carry-ons! :eek:

We have stayed at the Hotel Continental three times. The pink decor and wallpapered ceiling in the buffet area just lends to the charm. Plus the free entertainment from your balcony overlooking La Ramblas!

We've used it twice with no problems. We had 2 suitcases, a carry on and a suit bag. It was super easy and very cheap! The bus we were on had an area for suitcases. Would definitely use it again to get from the airport to the Los Ramblas area.

Sherri:)

Edited by sjb317

We've used it twice with no problems. We had 2 suitcases, a carry on and a suit bag. It was super easy and very cheap! The bus we were on had an area for suitcases. Would definitely use it again to get from the airport to the Los Ramblas area.

Sherri:)

Thanks Sherri.

We've used it many times with multiple full sized bags and never had a problem. The luggage space is actually quite generous when you consider that many people only have carry ons. The buses run very frequently and often don't get anywhere close to full and even when the bus has been full there has never been a problem fitting in the bags of all those onboard.

Edited by Bobal

We've used it many times with multiple full sized bags and never had a problem. The luggage space is actually quite generous when you consider that many people only have carry ons. The buses run very frequently and often don't get anywhere close to full and even when the bus has been full there has never been a problem fitting in the bags of all those onboard.

Appreciate the feedback.

clarea - are your large bags wheeled? I don't think the problem is storing them on the Aero Bus, it's getting them TO the Aero Bus! :eek:;) I just can't envision 2 people easily managing 3 large suitcases and 2 carry-on bags (especially if they don't have wheels or spinners)! But, it is easy enough to find out. Just try doing it in your home! I assume you already have all this luggage, right? Just give it a try and see first-hand if you can do it! Most wheeled luggage can be "piggy-backed", so in theory one person can wheel 2 bags! Just a thought! ;)

I stayed at the Eurostars Grand Marina, you can go up to the pool area in the morning and see Harmony docked from there, plus it's a lovely hotel, be it a little pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can recommend Barcelona Princess. Slightly out but very easy to get to the centre on the metro and the Ho-Ho bus also has a stop there. Great views of the city and ocean, infinity roof top pool, large rooms with a free mini bar. 5 minute taxi to the port.

We have just booked Harmony of the Seas for departure 26th June. Arriving in Barcelona the day before and need a hotel for the night.

Family of 4, requiring hotel, any suggestions.

Thank you :)

We stayed at the Renaissance Barcelona Hotel, address:

Pau Claris, 122

Barcelona 08009 - Phone: 34-93-272-3810

We did the Independence???, I think, back in 2013 departing Barcelona and did a two-night pre-cruise stay at this hotel. It was WONDERFUL. We were one block from the Passeig de Gracia, Las Ramblas, one block from the subway, we felt like we were in the center of everything. Will DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again when we go back for a land trip. I highly recommend this hotel.

Enjoy Barcelona, we LOVED it. I could live there. Enjoy your cruise on the Harmony and take care of her for us. We're onboard Harmony in December this year.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bcndm-renaissance-barcelona-hotel/

Edited by SailyaCruise

clarea - are your large bags wheeled? I don't think the problem is storing them on the Aero Bus, it's getting them TO the Aero Bus! :eek:;) I just can't envision 2 people easily managing 3 large suitcases and 2 carry-on bags (especially if they don't have wheels or spinners)! But, it is easy enough to find out. Just try doing it in your home! I assume you already have all this luggage, right? Just give it a try and see first-hand if you can do it! Most wheeled luggage can be "piggy-backed", so in theory one person can wheel 2 bags! Just a thought! ;)

Yes, all our bags are wheeled. Each of us can handle two wheeled bags, and put the carry-ons on top of the bags.

Found a perfect hotel (fingers crossed) Eurostars Grand Marina. Managed to get 2 rooms. Most hotels don't have room for a family of 4.

We don't arrive until late afternoon, so it was more of a hotel close to the cruise terminal that was better.

Loved this hotel! Had a great stay there some years ago!

Yes, all our bags are wheeled. Each of us can handle two wheeled bags, and put the carry-ons on top of the bags.

Well, I stand by my original thoughts then! I love taking the Aero bus to get from BCN to Hotel Jazz!

It is cheap and easy! Just under 6 eur per person versus about 30 eur (plus tip) for a cab. After departing baggage claim, just follow the signs that look like a bus. Or, watch this awesome

that shows you the way! ;) You can stop and buy a ticket along the way or just pay right at the bus (which is what I've always done!) They take cash (Eur) or credit.

Once on the bus, you are on your way! For Hotel Jazz you want to get off at the "Plaza Universitat" stop which is a very short (2 min.) walk (go catacorner across the intersection from bus stop) - I attached a screenshot of the walking directions just in case you decide to do it! You can google the directions yourself too, to orient yourself to the area!

1704508485_ScreenShot2016-04-17at10_42_06AM.jpg.38e7d0e071b76d2825d08ada7012637f.jpg

355003279_ScreenShot2016-04-17at10_53_18AM.jpg.14f0311cf3e9f553488e40d8d3987b3a.jpg