Summit in Bermuda Horseshoe Beach Excursion - Bottom of Hill?

Luv2Crus40

Can someone tell me if the Celebrity Summit excursion to Horseshoe Beach drops you at the bottom of the hill? My DH and I have bad knees and hope we get dropped off and picked up at bottom of hill. If not, we would have to use the minivans which do drop you off there. Thanks in advance for your info.

There is also a guy who will drive you down or up the hill. Cost is $1 pp each way. Best way to go. Take the #8 bus from Dockyard to the beach. Take the ride to the beach. Best part is you do it on your own schedule. Love the beach. If the weather is good, I can stay there longer. If the weather isn't good, I can leave when I want. Excursions have a strict schedule. You go when and leave when the excursion goes. Save your money. Take the local Bermuda bus. In Bermuda, everyone travels by public bus. Enjoy!!

There is also a guy who will drive you down or up the hill. Cost is $1 pp each way. Best way to go. Take the #8 bus from Dockyard to the beach.

I agree, take the bus to the beach. BTW, it's no longer a $1, it's at least $2 when we were there a couple years ago, but well worth the ride up the hill, especially if you are carrying chairs, umbrella, and cooler.

There are shuttles at the dockyard. You pay for a round trip. They drop you and pick you up at the bottom of the hill. No need for an excursion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The minibus shuttles are one way. Not roundtrip. There was one year that they sold them roundtrip. Niot anymore. Fare is $7 each way. You are correct that they drop off and pick up at the bottom of the hill. They are the best way to get to and from Horseshoe Bay.

Edited by Charles4515

There is also a guy who will drive you down or up the hill. Cost is $1 pp each way. Best way to go. Take the #8 bus from Dockyard to the beach. Take the ride to the beach. Best part is you do it on your own schedule. Love the beach. If the weather is good, I can stay there longer. If the weather isn't good, I can leave when I want. Excursions have a strict schedule. You go when and leave when the excursion goes. Save your money. Take the local Bermuda bus. In Bermuda, everyone travels by public bus. Enjoy!!

The Top of the Hill guy charges $2 now......when he is there. Also the public bus to take would be the #7. You gave the wrong bus route. That route is not the route to take to Horseshoe. The public bus has become very crowded these days. and is not the best way to get to Horseshoe. There is a bus shortage and the Express Buses have been discontinued. The $7 minibus shuttles are the best option. And they go down and up the hill so no beed to worry about the Top of the Hill guy.

I agree, take the bus to the beach. BTW, it's no longer a $1, it's at least $2 when we were there a couple years ago, but well worth the ride up the hill, especially if you are carrying chairs, umbrella, and cooler.

Things have changed in Bermuda. These days the minibus shuttles are preferable to the public buses. The public become crowded and cruise passengers might have to stand, that is if they are not full and you have to wait for the next bus. There is a shortage of buses and they don't run the express public buses anymore. The $7 minibuses go direct and you don't have to deal with the Top of the Hill guy who may or may not be there.

One thing that has not changed. The #8 bus does not go to Horseshoe. I don't think you meant to agree with that.

And these $7 minibuses that go from the ship straight to the bottom of the hill (and back) are waiting for passengers right off the ship? How can they be recognized amongst all the X excursion buses, taxis, etc.?

Do they rent chairs and umbrellas at Horseshoe? Anyone know how much?

And these $7 minibuses that go from the ship straight to the bottom of the hill (and back) are waiting for passengers right off the ship? How can they be recognized amongst all the X excursion buses, taxis, etc.?

Do they rent chairs and umbrellas at Horseshoe? Anyone know how much?

Yes, they rent chairs and umbrellas. Last year it was $18 each or $45 for two chairs and an umbrella. Price could change. Cruise season has not started and no fresh reports.

The Dockyard transportation area is divided into zones. The minibus to Horseshoe has been in Zone 5. They are easy to find but I include a map below with the numbered zones. Summit will be at the berth marked Kings Wharf on the map. Following photos are of minibuses at Dockyard and Horseshoe parking areas.

3148da3987f07e5d79bff1cf33427c2c.jpg

f4cf9c3c53a11d1378183d784ceada1a.jpg

b32d2f439628f7a8366bde95eb7f5760.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

Yes, they rent chairs and umbrellas. Last year it was $18 each or $45 for two chairs and an umbrella. Price could change. Cruise season has not started and no fresh reports.

The Dockyard transportation area is divided into zones. The minibus to Horseshoe has been in Zone 5. They are easy to find but I include a map below with the numbered zones. Summit will be at the berth marked Kings Wharf on the map. Following photos are of minibuses at Dockyard and Horseshoe parking areas.

3148da3987f07e5d79bff1cf33427c2c.jpg

f4cf9c3c53a11d1378183d784ceada1a.jpg

b32d2f439628f7a8366bde95eb7f5760.jpg

Thanks, those were very helpful!

The minibus shuttles are one way. Not roundtrip. There was one year that they sold them roundtrip. Niot anymore. Fare is $7 each way. You are correct that they drop off and pick up at the bottom of the hill. They are the best way to get to and from Horseshoe Bay.

Thanks for the update. It’s still less expensive than an excursion and piece of mind that you will not miss the ship on that last day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do you get back to the ship? Do you have to make arrangements or do they have a minibus stand at the bottom of the hill at the beach?

You don’t make arrangements. The minibuses go back and forth. They line up at the bottom of the hill. As soon as one is filled it leaves and people start filling the next one. My experience was that it took only a few minutes before we left. I used this service the last three sailings I have done on Summit. Went to Horseshoe twice each of those sailings and on all three sailings I went on the last day and had no problem returning to the ship with plenty of time to spare.

7d064df46366d15bfc3bbcc7aab6814b.jpg