Why does carnival always ask if we’re celebrating an Anniversary or birthday?

sweets2323

Depends on your staff..... ours on Freedom this past May did this in our room:

2017May_FreedomSea1031-L.jpg

and this at dinner....

2017May_FreedomSea1099-L.jpg

and our anniversary wasn't until the week after our cruise! They keep that stuff on record and you don't have to tell them.

Are they going to set my room up or do something special for us? It’s my bday and anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because it gets people thinking they might get something but everything short of being wished Happy Birthday, expect nothing unless you buy something. You will also get some targeted ads encouraging you to add (buy) something to your reservation.

Singing yes, but not a cake unless you buy it.

I've been sung to and received a small cake on most of our cruises ( I book the cruise so it just happens to be during my birthday :D) and we did not pay for it, before and after turning platinum.

Aren't you Diamond?

We got a cake for our anniversary last cruise, and we're definitely NOT diamond.

However I think what you will get is hit or miss... we almost missed our cake because we decided to skip dessert that night and the MDR staff didn't bring it out right away! Our team leader came and asked us to please stay put for a few minutes more as we were getting up to leave... then they brought our cake and everyone sang. If they had been 1 minute longer we'd have been gone!

We always cruise around our anniversary and my husband's birthday and never received anything special.

Do you add the special occasion to your booking in the Online Checkin page? I did and we got a special dessert in the steakhouse the night of our anniversary, as well as the cake in the MDR later in the week.

As I said tho, I think it is sometimes hit or miss as to whether they do something special.

Because it gets people thinking they might get something but everything short of being wished Happy Birthday, expect nothing unless you buy something. You will also get some targeted ads encouraging you to add (buy) something to your reservation.

Wrong....we never bought anything. And we are not platinum like someone else suggested. As I said, I think it depends on the ship and crew to a certain extent.

Took my first Carnival cruise in October. I did notate I would be celebrating my 50th birthday, I received a $25 gift card from the spa and a $12.99 credit from Pixel. I did not go to dinner in the MDR on my birthday it was formal night and we were late getting to dinner and when we arrived it was an extended wait for a table so we opt to eat on the Lido deck. Therefore ,if a cake/ singing was there for me I missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums