No beds by balcony on bliss?????

b.cruising

Just heard from my NCL cruise consultant that ALL balcony and mini-suite staterooms on Bliss have the bed by the bathroom......can anyone confirm that? Thanks.

If that was correct, none of them would sleep 4 since the pullman isn't near the balcony. The PCC is probably just repeating incorrect stateroom details from the website.

It's unlikely that Bliss will differ from Escape and Joy in this aspect.

I'd be very surprised, as the alternating rooms is how NCL squeeze so many rooms in. The room is wider where the bed is, and they have to alternate in order to fit them together.

The only way that I can picture them being able to do this would be for there not to be any cupboards or anything at the end of the bed, and the cabins be thinner. I suppose that is feasible, but I would be surprised. The current format works pretty well, in my opinion.

My guess is that the cruise consultant was wrong.

I'd be very surprised, as the alternating rooms is how NCL squeeze so many rooms in. The room is wider where the bed is, and they have to alternate in order to fit them together.

The only way that I can picture them being able to do this would be for there not to be any cupboards or anything at the end of the bed, and the cabins be thinner. I suppose that is feasible, but I would be surprised. The current format works pretty well, in my opinion.

My guess is that the cruise consultant was wrong.

I agree. It doesn't make sense. Maybe others will check with their cruise consultant and report back.

I agree. It doesn't make sense. Maybe others will check with their cruise consultant and report back.

Unfortunately, I have very little confidence in the information handed out by NCL phone staff.

In fact, you could argue, based on previous form, that the fact you were told that they don’t alternate is actually a sign that they do. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I have very little confidence in the information handed out by NCL phone staff.

In fact, you could argue, based on previous form, that the fact you were told that they don’t alternate is actually a sign that they do. :)

LOL.....and still laughing.....sad but probably true!! ;)

LOL.....and still laughing.....sad but probably true!! ;)

Precisely. I've asked about cabin layouts many, many times and I'd say that 99% of the time, they've been wrong. Better off waiting until she sails and then looking for photos and YouTube videos to know for sure!

• 3 months later...

Just returned from the Panama run. The rooms alternate with beds by balcony and beds by bathroom layout. If viewed from above think "yin yang" kind of layout.

There are no cabinets at the foot of the bed. You have to turn sideways to shimy between the wall and the foot of the bed (king size bed\two twins pushed together).

Ours was an even numbered room on deck twelve. We had our bed near the balcony. Another in or party had even number room on deck eleven with their bed next to bathroom.

I'm curious, how do alternating the beds squeeze in more cabins? If you look, each balcony cabin is a rectangle. Bed by the door or bed by the balcony makes no difference to the next cabin. In fact, if you watch some of the shows on ship building, in many new ships the cabins are modular and built off site. They simply slide them into place and then connect the electrical, HVAC, water and sewage once in place. All the connectors are either from above, below or at the interior wall.

I'm curious, how do alternating the beds squeeze in more cabins? If you look, each balcony cabin is a rectangle. Bed by the door or bed by the balcony makes no difference to the next cabin. In fact, if you watch some of the shows on ship building, in many new ships the cabins are modular and built off site. They simply slide them into place and then connect the electrical, HVAC, water and sewage once in place. All the connectors are either from above, below or at the interior wall.

The rooms aren’t rectangular. They are wider where the bed is, and narrower where the sofa is.

By alternating, they save space by putting the narrow part of one cabin next to the wider part of the next door cabin.

Look at the deck plans for the Breakaway class or Epic to see.

The rooms aren’t rectangular. They are wider where the bed is, and narrower where the sofa is.

By alternating, they save space by putting the narrow part of one cabin next to the wider part of the next door cabin.

Look at the deck plans for the Breakaway class or Epic to see.

Interesting. I do see it on deck plans of the Getaway, but not the Bliss. I went to NCL's site as well. So either whoever designed the deck plans for the website left it off, or the Bliss was not built this way.

Assuming the deck plans are correct, perhaps NCL and the shipyard decided regular rectangles eased construction enough to justify the effect on the number of cabins and sq footage?

Of course, the deck plans could just as easily be wrong.

Interesting. I do see it on deck plans of the Getaway, but not the Bliss. I went to NCL's site as well. So either whoever designed the deck plans for the website left it off, or the Bliss was not built this way.

Assuming the deck plans are correct, perhaps NCL and the shipyard decided regular rectangles eased construction enough to justify the effect on the number of cabins and sq footage?

Of course, the deck plans could just as easily be wrong.

They stopped showing the cabins this was with the Escape, which also has alternating cabins.

I assume that when they did the Escape deck plans, whoever did it decided not to show that detail, and maybe they just adjusted those plans for the Escape, as it is the same class ship.

For anyone that's sailed the Bliss, can you please let me know if cabin # 9320 has the bed by the balcony door? I, as well, prefer it this way. But obviously wouldn't matter either way -- just curious! :) Thanks in advance!

If we did the bliss again we’d make sure the bed was next to the balcony. Our room was the other way-round and there was barely 8” at the end of the bed to get past. We’re both quite slim and it was tricky. Getting dressed was a bit of a laugh. A lot of sideways walking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For anyone that's sailed the Bliss, can you please let me know if cabin # 9320 has the bed by the balcony door? I, as well, prefer it this way. But obviously wouldn't matter either way -- just curious! :) Thanks in advance!

9320 should be bed near balcony.

If not, please let us know so that I can update/correct my list.

Two wheels only, as the resident guru on NCL cabin layouts, what do you show for cabin 15200 on Bliss? You are normally spot on for the cabin reviews and suggestions and are a great resource for selecting a cabin. Thanks for your insight.