Noordam refurbish question

sggorden

The refurbishment of the Noordam has been delayed for some reason. Hopefully they are rethinking the mistakes they have been making to the Crows Nest.

We sailed on the Noordam in 2016 and it was fine. Beautiful library (dare I say it).

We have just been on the Noordam. Love the ship but the cabins (at least the balcony cabins and probably others too) definitely need updating. Our sofa looked to be past its use-by date.

I am happy to hear you love the ship, but, disappointed to hear about the staterooms. We cruise in June. We are returning to HAL after a long absence(mainly cruising Celebrity). The Noordam has the exact itinerary we were looking for so we had little choice. Did you dine at Canelleto or Pinnacle Grill? We have booked both restaurants. How was the live music around the ship?

The condition of the staterooms (as in ours) would not deter me from booking on the Noordam (I can't speak for the suites or above) but they do need upgrading. We have now been on the Noordam three times since 2014 and there don't appear to have been any major changes in that time. The only change was that the magnifying mirrors are now unlit and unattached. I actually found that good. We usually only eat in the MDR so I can't speak for the Pinnacle or Caneletto but I didn't hear any complaints! The Lincoln Center Stage was good but the space was too small so many people were unable to be seated. Otherwise, the music was as always. We only heard Stryker once in the Piano Bar but there was a lady playing there (her name escapes me) who was very good. I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise.

Edited by ozcruizer
grammar correction

The condition of the staterooms (as in ours) would not deter me from booking on the Noordam (I can't speak for the suites or above) but they do need upgrading. We have now been on the Noordam three times since 2014 and there don't appear to have been any major changes in that time. The only change was that the magnifying mirrors are now unlit and unattached. I actually found that good. We usually only eat in the MDR so I can't speak for the Pinnacle or Caneletto but I didn't hear any complaints! The Lincoln Center Stage was good but the space was too small so many people were unable to be seated. Otherwise, the music was as always. We only heard Stryker once in the Piano Bar but there was a lady playing there (her name escapes me) who was very good. I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I have no doubt we will have a wonderful cruise.

I am happy to hear you love the ship, but, disappointed to hear about the staterooms. We cruise in June. We are returning to HAL after a long absence(mainly cruising Celebrity). The Noordam has the exact itinerary we were looking for so we had little choice. Did you dine at Canelleto or Pinnacle Grill? We have booked both restaurants. How was the live music around the ship?

I’m on your cruise in June I hate reading this we love Celebrity as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

• NEPTUNE SUITE AMENITIES

• New Bose® Bluetooth-enabled Soundlink
    • New complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast
    • New premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
    • New binoculars for use during voyage
    • New expanded line of Elemis bath amenities
    • New in-suite coffee and espresso machine
    • A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and Wi-Fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.
    • Teak-lined private verandah
    • Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise
    • Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation
    • Complimentary bottled water provided in suite at embarkation
    • Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night
    • Cold hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request
    • Umbrellas for your use on the cruise
    • Cocktail party with ship's officers
    • Priority boarding for tendered ports of call
    • Special disembarkation service
    • Priority dining and seating requests
    • Exclusive daily breakfast service
    • High tea service in suite on request
    • A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows
    • No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining
    • Personalized cruise stationery
    • One-touch telephone concierge service
    • Fresh flowers

Currently on the Noordam the ship is in great condition, if one wants to nick pick you can always find something wrong. Our cabin and balcony including furniture are in great condition

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for checking in! Anything you want to share is greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful cruise.

We were on the Noordam in December for a 14 day New Zealand and Australia cruise. We loved our cabin which had a rear facing balcony. It is a mid size ship and not fancy but not shabby either. If it’s all about the ship for you this is not a bells and whistles choice. But, if you have chosen an itinerary I would not hesitate sailing on the Noordam. We enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Was on Noordm in February. Cabin was in very nice condition as was the rest of the ship. While it is older, it was very charming and relaxing. Preferred it to Nieuw Amsterdam which I was on last year. Attended Lincoln Center Stage almost every performance. I agree that the room is too small as stated above but it is absolutely not to be missed. Best music program at sea.

• 4 months later...
Current schedule indicates that it will be refurbished between March 24 and April 7, 2019.

Ira

Noordam is chartered between March 24 and April 7 to Dave Koz Cruise.

Her dry dock is planned for 29th September to 13th October 2019

We did Alaska on noordham in July in a balcony suite. The cabin was fine, I have no complaints about it. Yes the common areas are very dated-the crows nest had furniture that I think was borrowed from the Miami Vice set - but who cares? It was in good shape and comfy, just ugly! The music and entertainment were another story! That also needs to be updated! It was 50’s-70’s in all venues. We didn’t do Lincoln center stage so I can’t comment on that. Alaska is about outdoors not in! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums