New ship names?

What are your ideas for the new name for the third Oasis class ship and the third Quantum class? I really don't like Quantum but I LOVE Anthem. According to Wikipedia, the trademarks RCCL filed for the third Quantum ship are Passion of the Seas, Vantage of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, and the Pulse of the Seas. I like Ovation and Vantage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What are your ideas for the new name for the third Oasis class ship and the third Quantum class? I really don't like Quantum but I LOVE Anthem. According to Wikipedia, the trademarks RCCL filed for the third Quantum ship are Passion of the Seas, Vantage of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, and the Pulse of the Seas. I like Ovation and Vantage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't know where Wikipedia thinks Royal filed those trademark applications, but not in the U.S. The last ones filed here were Quantum and Anthem. (I'm a trademark attorney, and I've been known to check every once in a while... :rolleyes: )

FWIW, I really like Ovation. Vantage and Passion are ok. Pulse is horrible. Ugh. :eek:

I don't know where Wikipedia thinks Royal filed those trademark applications, but not in the U.S. The last ones filed here were Quantum and Anthem. (I'm a trademark attorney, and I've been known to check every once in a while... :rolleyes: )

FWIW, I really like Ovation. Vantage and Passion are ok. Pulse is horrible. Ugh. :eek:

These have been known trademarks for future Royal Caribbean ships for a little over a year. The list was discovered after being filed in the fall of 2012 as possible Project Sunshine names along with Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas. It was then confirmed as true after Quantum was announced in January 2013 and then reconfirmed when Anthem was announced for Project Sunshine 2.

I wish RCCL would use Sovereign of the Seas again. That was the

Ship that started the atrium at sea. Plus it's a special name that

Does back hundreds of years.

They won't. Sovereign of the Seas was transitioned to Pullmantur, which is owned by RCL. The line kept the name Sovereign (dropped "of the Seas"). Same with Empress and Monarch; both formerly RCL ships transitioned to Pullmantur.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You should try searching again including trademark applications listed as abandoned.

Royal Caribbean filed for all of the following trademarks on November 2, 2012:

Passion of the Seas (abandoned January 13, 2014)

Pulse of the Seas (abandoned January 13, 2014)

Ovation of the Seas (abandoned January 13, 2014)

Vantage of the Seas (abandoned September 9, 2013)

All of these filings are listed as dead as of today so they might not be used, but in the past they have refiled dead trademarked names and actually put them on ships.

You should try searching again including trademark applications listed as abandoned.

All of these filings are listed as dead as of today so they might not be used, but in the past they have refiled dead trademarked names and actually put them on ships.

oooh, goodie! I didn't like those names anyway.

I hope they come up w something better.

Edited by Cruzin-K

I would have liked "Song of the Seas", but I think that's going to be the title of a movie soon. It would have fit as a follow up for Anthem.

Maybe "Siren of the Seas" It nautical, but not much like the names of these two ship classes.

Edited by Gayle V

Fine, fine, people, I stand corrected. They were filed and then abandoned. In the trademark world, that means they don't count ;) - we don't bother to look at abandoned marks because they're meaningless. In all seriousness, I hope Pulse never comes back - what a horrible name!

Just curious...which ships have abandoned, then re-filed trademarked names?

...According to Wikipedia, the trademarks RCCL filed for the third Quantum ship are Passion of the Seas, Vantage of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, and the Pulse of the Seas....

Wikipedia is not a reliable source for information as anyone can change the contents. I won a nice little bet here for charity a few years back concerning the drinking age in Puerto Rico... :) ;)