Sel De Mer on Rotterdam Jan 14th 21 day cruise: NO 4* DISCOUNT!

jlw1952

Had I been present, I would have, in a very loud voice, pointed out that the second table had been very complimentary about food/service until they found out they could get a free meal by complaining. I would have told the Manager, in a very loud voice, that if the second table was so cheap to act this way that I would pay for their meal not including alcohol.

Why escalate a situation in the PG? I have a feeling that the Manager would be able to handle the matter and having another guest insert themselves into the scene couldn't possibly help.

Why escalate a situation in the PG? I have a feeling that the Manager would be able to handle the matter and having another guest insert themselves into the scene couldn't possibly help.

I agree. If hal is foolish enough to give free meals out that is their business. It's just odd to offer fellow pax to pay for their food but that is just my opinion. People like that are low class and will happily take anything free. It will certainly not embarrass them to my thinking.

The Manager handled it very professionally. They were at the next table and we didn't hear what she said to them-very quiet and discreet. I got the feeling they didn't get a feee meal by their reaction.

The current Manager on Rotterdam isn't the same woman that was on Oosterdam last fall-she is back on Oosterdam. We will hopefully be sailing with her again this year-Oosterdam is our favorite ship for many reasons.

The Manager handled it very professionally. They were at the next table and we didn't hear what she said to them-very quiet and discreet. I got the feeling they didn't get a feee meal by their reaction.

Sounds like she didn't need any help in doing her job.

I assume you are talking about the smuggling booze and removing the hsc but I'm not clear on what your comment means. Read up a couple of posts (post number 20) and you will see what was said.

frankc98376 brought up the smuggled booze, etc., in his post #20.

The only reference I made to booze was when I said I would pay for their meal not including their drinks. No reason I should pay for their booze since their made up copy cat complaint was about the food.

UPDATE: Called Onboard Billing Dept @ 1-800-976-3935 explained that the 4* Loyalty Discount was not applied. Gave them Booking # and pre-paid reservation #. On hold about 10 minutes and then told that credit would be applied and show up on credit card statement in about 2 weeks.

No explanation given given for being told onboard that "discounts would not apply".

This was the outcome I really was expecting. Appreciate all the comments.

UPDATE: Called Onboard Billing Dept @ 1-800-976-3935 explained that the 4* Loyalty Discount was not applied. Gave them Booking # and pre-paid reservation #. On hold about 10 minutes and then told that credit would be applied and show up on credit card statement in about 2 weeks.

No explanation given given for being told onboard that "discounts would not apply".

If Sel de Mer pop up was new on the ship likely falls under the lack of communication between Seattle and the ships or possibly people on the ships not reading emails from Seattle.

I've seen many threads about communication between Seattle and the ships. Also many about getting different answers each time you call.

If Sel de Mer pop up was new on the ship likely falls under the lack of communication between Seattle and the ships or possibly people on the ships not reading emails from Seattle.

I've seen many threads about communication between Seattle and the ships. Also many about getting different answers each time you call.

We've seen this so many times. I call this the famous "HAL inconsistency" and you really have to be on your toes and know the score.

Really glad to hear that this was rectified for you.

Good news :)

I always have paper copies of my contracts and all pre-paid dining, and when you have to go to the front desk about a problem it helps. Last October on the K-dam TA ,I was told I did not have drink package. Well showing them the contracts that clearly specified I had the Explorer 4 package solved that problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always have paper copies of my contracts and all pre-paid dining, and when you have to go to the front desk about a problem it helps. Last October on the K-dam TA ,I was told I did not have drink package. Well showing them the contracts that clearly specified I had the Explorer 4 package solved that problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's easy to find this frustrating, but with thousands upon thousands of transactions, it's unrealistic to not expect mistakes. Good on you for bringing documentation. I agree that it makes it easier on everyone to straighten it out this way!

Do you seriously believe people that remove their hsc and smuggle booze are going to be embarrassed? Clearly they'll just think they made a big score. Karma should take care of people like that.

Karma gets back at people but sadly they may not recognize it. A while ago I was having lunch at the counter in a food hall in the city where the waiter was telling another customer (going on his first cruise) how to save money by removing the daily service charge. Guess who got zero tip from me? I guess she badmouthed me afterwards as being a cheap wad.

Karma gets back at people but sadly they may not recognize it. A while ago I was having lunch at the counter in a food hall in the city where the waiter was telling another customer (going on his first cruise) how to save money by removing the daily service charge. Guess who got zero tip from me? I guess she badmouthed me afterwards as being a cheap wad.

I love this! Karma doesn't always get around this quickly!

(Here's one for the waitress: Why doesn't Karma have a menu? Because people get served only what they deserve!)

Yeah, I'm not surprised somehow. It's never what they do to bring it on, it's just the person being cheap.

Agree. Why get involved with other people’s issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums