Paradise Beach vs. Mr. Sanchos debate

Iggipolka

Hi!

Friends and I are debating between going to Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach on our own. We've never been to either. I've been reading lots of positives for both, but weighted towards more negatives for Mr. Sanchos. I've checked and there's going to be 6 ships in port that day, so we put down a reservation for Mr. Sanchos b/c it looks like its going to be super crowded. However, it's only $5 pp reservation, so we're willing to let that go if Paradise Beach is the better option for us.

We're looking for:

1. Safe and reasonable travel for 4 females

2. A nice clean beach with lounge chairs & some shade

3. Swim able water w/o too many rocks or seaweed in water

4. Beach side restaurant for lunch

5. Bar with good cold drinks

6. Easy relaxing beach day

So, what would you pick? Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach?

Thanks!

Either will meet all of your requirements, and the cab fare will be about the same. The choice comes down to if you want to pay for the All-Inclusive (about $50 each) at Sanchos or just run a tab for food/drinks at Paradise. Will you eat/drink enough to make the $50 seem reasonable? :confused: IMHO the facilities at PB are superior, and it offers a HUGE pool but the beach at Sanchos is nicer. Water toys, if that matters, are comparable.

It's your call - enjoy! :D

• Like 1

I have never done Mr. Sanchos but just got back from Cozumel, 3 weeks ago and we went to Paradise Beach. It was a fantastic day, not too crowded (3 ships that day) food and drinks were delicious. Highly recommend it. We are debating going back in April or trying Playa Mia for the kids.

Only been to Paradise so cannot comment on Mr Sanchos but just wondering with all the comments about AI, has Sanchos officially stopped PAYG now? The website still lists both menu options but i know there have been occasions when it is busy that they only allowed AI so i was wondering what current experience was? We also rarely do AI on cruise ship days but i wouldn't be averse to trying Sanchos some time.

To the OP, Mitsugirly has photo reviews in her signature of both Sanchos and Paradise, which might help in your decision, although the Sanchos one is quite old now.

Thanks everyone,

We're still torn about which to choose, but will probably go for Paradise Beach as Mr. Sancho's seems to be often very crowded. I also doubt that we'll drink/eat $50 worth of food or beverages.

The best thing, we really don't have to make a decision until the morning we pull into port! :)

Thanks everyone,

We're still torn about which to choose, but will probably go for Paradise Beach as Mr. Sancho's seems to be often very crowded. I also doubt that we'll drink/eat $50 worth of food or beverages.

The best thing, we really don't have to make a decision until the morning we pull into port! :)

If you need the activities associated with the popular beach clubs then with 6 or more ships they will all be busy - best to arrive early, or if your ship is in late they start to quieten down after 3.

Taxi to Playa Palancar. A little further out. Never crowded. Better beach. Better drinks and food. Free entry. You pay for what you eat/drink/use. We spent a couple of days there in July.

Would it be good for younger kids?Is it safe to just hope in Taxi? We have heard mixed reviews on that- we are a family with a younger kids- thanks

Taxis are fairly well regulated in Cozumel (much better than the crooks in Philly! :mad: ) and the fares to most of the popular tourist spots will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier. I've taxied all across the island with my spouse and or kids without issues. If they are very small you are better off bringing your own car seat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 2:22 PM, Iggipolka said:

Hi!
Friends and I are debating between going to Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach on our own. We've never been to either. I've been reading lots of positives for both, but weighted towards more negatives for Mr. Sanchos. I've checked and there's going to be 6 ships in port that day, so we put down a reservation for Mr. Sanchos b/c it looks like its going to be super crowded. However, it's only $5 pp reservation, so we're willing to let that go if Paradise Beach is the better option for us.

We're looking for:
1. Safe and reasonable travel for 4 females
2. A nice clean beach with lounge chairs & some shade
3. Swim able water w/o too many rocks or seaweed in water
4. Beach side restaurant for lunch
5. Bar with good cold drinks
6. Easy relaxing beach day

So, what would you pick? Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach?
Thanks!

If I was you, I'd choose Nachi Cocom! But Sanchos is a good choise too, just more people! Paradise is good, but its party time!

I just returned from Cozumel, we had the debate as well- we actually went to Playa Mia for a few reasons -1- it was cheaper and had all the same things as Mr. Sanchos and Paradise(food, water toys, beach, snorkeling, open bar)  2- it was highly recommend by friends who cruise often and they go every time 3- had big water slide for grown ups!4- felt very safe with kids.  If you go ask for Mario he is the best your drinks will never run out!! Its basically next door to Paradise beach! Anything you decided I’m sure you’ll have fun! They are all great!

11 hours ago, Sun3girls said:

I just returned from Cozumel, we had the debate as well- we actually went to Playa Mia for a few reasons -1- it was cheaper and had all the same things as Mr. Sanchos and Paradise(food, water toys, beach, snorkeling, open bar)  2- it was highly recommend by friends who cruise often and they go every time 3- had big water slide for grown ups!4- felt very safe with kids.  If you go ask for Mario he is the best your drinks will never run out!! Its basically next door to Paradise beach! Anything you decided I’m sure you’ll have fun! They are all great!

Thanks for the feedback; Playa Mia is very popular with families because of the water toys and kiddie water park.  Hope you had a great cruise!  :classic_cool:

14 hours ago, Sun3girls said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed your day. Playa Mia is one beach club we haven’t visited.

Did you get a discounted rate. - it has never seemed to be cheaper when we have priced it out? Which package did you choose?

Based on your desires, Paradise Beach would work. We took a female only trip there in May and it was totally safe. The beach was relaxing but the water wasn't too appealing to me (others had no issues). Drinks and food was also decent. The pool area was really nice, better than the beach. 

On 10/3/2018 at 1:18 PM, Sun3girls said:

Would it be good for younger kids?Is it safe to just hope in Taxi? We have heard mixed reviews on that- we are a family with a younger kids- thanks

Absolutely safe.  Saw a lot of families out there both days we spent there.

• 2 months later...

In my research I found that Mr Sancho's does have a non-AI option.  You can have access to chairs & pool., with everything a la carte.  $4 chips & salsa, $7 guac, 3 tacos $9-$13, burgers $12, soft drinks $3, beer $4, cocktails $8.  That might be the way I am leaning...but not sure if you will get lesser service as non AI guest.  

19 hours ago, CardRock said:

In my research I found that Mr Sancho's does have a non-AI option.  You can have access to chairs & pool., with everything a la carte.  $4 chips & salsa, $7 guac, 3 tacos $9-$13, burgers $12, soft drinks $3, beer $4, cocktails $8.  That might be the way I am leaning...but not sure if you will get lesser service as non AI guest.  

Can’t  comment on service as I have never been, but historically you have always been able to go PAYG unless they are particularly busy at which times they restrict it to AI only. The menu choice is actually larger than AI but you are restricted to the use of one (different) pool from AI.

All members of your party must choose same option AI or PAYG to sit together.

Edited by c-leg5

I have been to Playa Mia, Paradise Beach and Mr. Sancho's several times each.  They were all fantastic!  My personal favorite now is Mr. Sancho's.  This is why- I like reserving in advance and paying my $50 balance once I arrive.  I love ordering what I want to eat/drink what I want and once I am ready to leave, I tip and go.  Not having to worry about keeping up with what I have ordered is worth the $50 to me.  Also, I get off the ship as soon as allowed and go straight there.  For several hours it isn't crowded.  It seems in my experiences, the crowds start coming in right around lunch time.  Again, this is just my opinion.  Honestly, I feel you almost can't go wrong in Cozumel.  It remains a favorite port of mine. 

Happy Cruising everyone!

Vicki