Boarding Imagination in 2 days. Tips/hints?

This will be our first cruise. We got the shopping excursion through Carnival (my mother and I are going).

Any dos and dont's?

We have the airport to port transportation, your time dining, faster to the fun. Staying on Empress deck.

Thanks for any tips/hints! I notice that this forum did not have a lot of information on the "quickie" cruises.

The Imagination was my first cruise too! I think it makes a great introduction to cruising. It offers a lot to do, but doesn't overwhelm you the way some mega-ships can.

It's been a while since I was on it, but the serenity area was wonderful!

On deck 11, if you go all the way to the front of the ship there are 2 sets of doors you can walk through, I think one of them may even say "crew only" or something like that, but when you walk through them you come out on this forward deck that can be windy, but has great views, and chances are you'll have the area all to yourself!

Have a great cruise!

If your airport to port transportation with carnival? Basically you will need to wait until they board a full bus. I'm glad you have FTTF, when you arrive at the airport, look around for carnival agent (carry a clip board) give her your name, then wait for the bus. If you lucky the bus is in boarding, I wasn't, we wait for the bus, then wait for other people landing, after we arrived at the port, it's very crowded, so another zone waiting. We got to our room when the muster drill announced. No break, no lunch. We suppose to arrive at noon. I wouldn't expect to be at the port after 3. At the airport luggage area, no food court there. I can't buy anything for my kids to eat. Please let me know how is your embarkation. We will be there this summer. Thank you in advance

The Imagination is a good ship to "try out" cruising. It is older and small but for a three or four nighter it's fine. We live here in Long Beach so we've sailed both her and the Inspiration sister ship many times. FTTF is good as you'll get on board as quickly as possible once you arrive at the port. Your cabin will be ready for you to drop off your bags right away, most are not available until after one oclock. Our favorite lunch is Guy's burger place next to the pool on lido deck, or the Mexican place next to it....the buffet will be a zoo unless you get on board early enough. We enjoy the serenity area at the back behind the buffet, two hot tubs and quiet. This ship has just enough to give you things to do for a short cruise, but I'd need a bigger ship with more options for longer. In Ensenada we have a favorite restaurant Los Corralitos for great food/drinks you can get a two pound lobster meal for around $38 bucks......remember that when they want to charge you $20 bucks at dinner for a tiny lobster tail. Enjoy your cruise.

Bring an extension cord with no surge protection. Surge protection is a fire hazard onboard.

The room safe uses any card with a magnetic strip, we use our Costco Card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on this same sailing as well, and I will need to check out these doors since our cabin is in this area on deck 11. Thanks for the tip!

The Imagination was my first cruise too! I think it makes a great introduction to cruising. It offers a lot to do, but doesn't overwhelm you the way some mega-ships can.

It's been a while since I was on it, but the serenity area was wonderful!

On deck 11, if you go all the way to the front of the ship there are 2 sets of doors you can walk through, I think one of them may even say "crew only" or something like that, but when you walk through them you come out on this forward deck that can be windy, but has great views, and chances are you'll have the area all to yourself!

Have a great cruise!

I totally agree with the wine tour excursion. It was a blast. If you're a beach person, (unfortunately) I wouldn't bother going to the beach. You'd think it would be similar to San Diego, but it's not. Does your cruise stop at Catalina? It's awesome, IMO.

As far as the cruise itself, you will love it! Again, IMO, no matter what cruise line you choose (aside from Disney) I feel like the shorter cruises have more of a party atmosphere, so you'll experience more fellow passengers that are, well, really drunk....which is totally fine...except that in my experience on the Imagination and Inspiration, they seem to have no filters and the F-Bomb flows constantly. Again, it's fine if you just ignore it.

The cruises that depart from Long Beach have THE BEST comedians! If you're into that, definitely go! You'll love it! I cruise with my 10-year-old nowadays, so I can only go to the family-friendly shows which are great. However, I hear the adult shows are off the hook!

Another great thing about the CA cruises is that it never seems to get too humid or hot. I feel like being outside is so much more enjoyable without the "stickiness".

My first cruise was with my mom. We ended up making it a yearly tradition. You guys are going to have a blast. Have fun!!

My daughter and I just did a back 2 back on the Imagination last month. Loved every minute of it! Don't let anyone tell you it's a rust bucket! The crew is constantly cleaning! The best thing about the Imagination and Inspiration is the service. Excellent service! From the room stewards to the waitstaff! The comedy club is fabulous. Get there a few minutes early, if you show up right on time the good seats will be taken. But it is not like the big ships where you have to get there 30 minutes early.

If you bring a soft sided cooler your stateroom attendant will keep it filled with ice for you! You can also pre-purchase a 12 pack of waters for 4.50. You are also allowed to bring a bottle of wine and a 12 pack of canned soda. The CD Alex is a sweetheart and full of energy! The kids do an amazing job on the rock n roll type show. I would get there early for that.

If you fly into Long Beach, a cab is just as easy (maybe easier). Especially if you have FTTF. In long Beach we were on the ship by 11:00. Our cabin was ready, we dropped off our luggage and went straight up to Guys for a burger!

We did the Estero Resort and beach club in Ensenada. We loved it! The weather was great and the lunch was perfect! I would do it again in a heart beat.

Do...not...miss the production show titled “Epic Rock”. I have cruised many ships on many cruise lines and “Epic Rock” is the absolute best show I have ever seen.

Uber from either airport is cheaper than the Carnival bus, and immediate. In Ensenada there is a Mr Pampas Brazilian eatery with waiters bring meat to your table and slicing off a piece for you. There is also a salad bar to die for. Any and everything there.

On board the milkshakes at the coffee shop are delish, as well as the deli and pizza place for off hours noshing. I like the comedy and serenity area. The spa is so-so, too much hard sell for horribly priced lotions and ointments. The spa is good for taking a shower, it is free and there is more room than the matchbox sized shower in the rooms.

• 1 month later...

If you fly into Long Beach, a cab is just as easy (maybe easier). Especially if you have FTTF. In long Beach we were on the ship by 11:00.

louanne93 - What time did you arrive at port? We also have FTTF purchased for our September 20th cruise and was curious as to when they start boarding. The earliest check in says 12:00 but I was hoping sooner. Thank you.

Just remember it is a short cruise. Lots of partying. It is a great break-in but a 7 day is much different. Don t be afraid to walk into Ensenada and have a great time. Ensenada is safe. Stay out of the party spots. Many nice restaurants European quality

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do this one often and we love it! If memory serves correct though there is no hair dryers in the cabin. I was caught off guard having just been on a 7 day on a different boat which did have a hairdryer.

It is a great ship, I have just as much fun on these 3 day cruises as I do on longer ones aside from me never wanting to come back home :)