Parking in San Diego/Early Check In?

cookingk9

Parking is very expensive in San Diego at areas around the cruise ships. You would be better off spending the night before at a hotel that allows free parking for the week. I have found a hotel that will allow me free parking and will take me to the cruise terminal and then pick me up to take me back to the hotel when the cruise ends. Total cost is $129.00 and I get breakfast in the morning. Cruise parking will cost me more then $129.00.

Robb

If I am not mistaken, parking directly across from the ship terminal is no more than $10-12 per day... you unload your suitcases and walk across the street! Of course, you may drive onto the pier and unload by showing your documents, but it's a very short walk... any others remember exactly how much it costs per day?

The parking across the street was $15.00 a day last October. Someone on this board reported it had gone up to $18.00. It is very conveinant and you can walk. We were there at 11:00 am we checked in (VIP) and were being called to board before we could even get to the bathroom. We literally just walked on.

The parking across the street was $15.00 a day last October. Someone on this board reported it had gone up to $18.00. It is very conveinant and you can walk. We were there at 11:00 am we checked in (VIP) and were being called to board before we could even get to the bathroom. We literally just walked on.

The lot right across the street was still $15 in March, and it was really convenient.

There are a number of Park & Ride lots that charge from $9.00/day and up and service both the cruise ship terminal and the airport. If you go to Ports of Call, San Diego on the CC Message Boards, you can probably get the up to date info.

San Diego is one of the best terminals for getting on a ship. I have sailed out of all the ports in Florida and it takes anywhere from 1-3 hours in the non VIP line. The average time in San Diego is 15 minutes from drop off to lunch. There have been times when numerous ships are in port or a ship arrives late and people talk about the dreaded line down the sidewalk because you have to show documents at the gate, but I've never seen it. I have sailed out of San Diego at least 6 times off the top of my head, and it's the best.

Best place to park is at San Park Pacific Highway, its only 10.00 per day and they will shuttle you to the Cruise Terminal and pick you up when you return. This is where I park my car when I go to Vegas for the weekend.

Take the Civic Center Drive exit off the I-5 or the Exit that says to Cruise Terminal and make a right turn on Sassafras street and head down to the very end. This lot is connected to the Airport runway and is only 3 to 5 minutes to the Cruise Terminal.

SAN Park Pacific Highway

3302 Pacific Highway

San Diego, CA 92101

1,600 Parking Stalls $10 per Day

Phone: 888.2-FLY-SAN

This is there website: http://www.san.org/airport/parking/long_term.asp

Fred

This is our 1st time cruising out of San Diego, anyone have good suggestions for the best parking and can you check in early:confused:

Quite possibly the best place to park is in your driveway.

The train station in San Diego is in walking distance from the cruise terminal and Amtrak has been known to give a discount if you have a cruise ticket.

Contrary to popular belief, Californians can ride public transit without negative repercussions. I do it whenever I can. By choice.

Where do you live?

I agree. Either take Amtrak or stay in a hotel such as the Best Western Seven Seas in Mission Valley that will allow you to leave your car there for free during your cruise AND shuttle you to the pier for free, or select your parking based on the best deal you can find at this site:

http://www.longtermparking.com/california.htm#SDA

I fly out of San Diego on a regular basis and I always use that site to help determine which lot I will use for any specific dates.

I agree. Either take Amtrak or stay in a hotel such as the Best Western Seven Seas in Mission Valley that will allow you to leave your car there for free during your cruise AND shuttle you to the pier for free, or select your parking based on the best deal you can find at this site:

http://www.longtermparking.com/california.htm#SDA

I fly out of San Diego on a regular basis and I always use that site to help determine which lot I will use for any specific dates.

Best Western Seven Seas is where I am staying. Got a good rate and I can leave my car there and they give you a free breakfast and pick you up after the cruise, We are staying there too for one night after cruise.

Robb

Quite possibly the best place to park is in your driveway.

The train station in San Diego is in walking distance from the cruise terminal and Amtrak has been known to give a discount if you have a cruise ticket.

Contrary to popular belief, Californians can ride public transit without negative repercussions. I do it whenever I can. By choice.

Where do you live?

LOL!! We took Amtrak from OC to our cuise in San Diego (and some friends parked in my driveway and we carpooled to the Irvine station). The train was on time and we could imbibe enroute. The people stopped in traffic on parallel I-5 couldn't say that! :)

When I was checking out the Parking in San Diego for our Hawaii Cruise Oct 11th, the Lot across the street was quoting me $15/Day. Nearer the Airport, was $11, however, even though we are two hrs from San Diego, one of our Roll Call members was able to get a group rate at one of the major Hotels near the Airport, 10 days free car then $ 5 after. Granted we have an 8 Min Shuttle to Terminal but the cost of Hotel equaled Parking Car for 15 Days + we can go down afternoon before and relax.

When I was checking out the Parking in San Diego for our Hawaii Cruise Oct 11th, the Lot across the street was quoting me $15/Day. Nearer the Airport, was $11, however, even though we are two hrs from San Diego, one of our Roll Call members was able to get a group rate at one of the major Hotels near the Airport, 10 days free car then $ 5 after. Granted we have an 8 Min Shuttle to Terminal but the cost of Hotel equaled Parking Car for 15 Days + we can go down afternoon before and relax.

GWoodman, which hotel was offering your group the free parking? Our group is going in November and it would help us to know and do a favor for the hotel too!

Thanks

GWoodman, which hotel was offering your group the free parking? Our group is going in November and it would help us to know and do a favor for the hotel too!

Thanks

Here's a list of hotels with cruise packages : http://www.sandiego.org/article/Visitors/780 .

And some other port/parking info : http://www.sandiegocruiseport.com/index.php

Archived