Carnival Cruise Line Increases Steakhouse Price, Brings Back Popular Dessert

LauraS

I agree. It's still well under what I would pay here at home for even a "just decent" steak dinner. Would I pay that up charge in the MDR as an upgrade? Probably not, but for the ambiance of the separate restaurant, and the quality of the beef being the cause for the rise in price, I'm OK with it. Plus, I'd probably pay a $3.00 up charge just for the cheesecake so I'm still excited about trying it out. I booked it right after booking our March 2019 cruise and supposedly the original price will still apply, but if not I won't worry about it.

What is the dress code in the steakhouse?

I would say smart casual to business casual, however you may wear formal if you prefer. Shorts are not allowed however dressed jeans with a dress shirt are. Most people dress as they would at a very nice restaurant.

Ok, so no requirement for suit jacket for men? My husband can wear nice pants or jeans with a short sleeve collared shirt?

Yes! No requirement for suit jackets or a tie. He will be fine in what you suggested. I feel the cruise lines changed a lot of restrictions after the airlines started charging so much for luggage.

Ok, so no requirement for suit jacket for men? My husband can wear nice pants or jeans with a short sleeve collared shirt?

The dress code is the same as the main dining room, with one exception: shorts are not permitted in the Steakhouse on Cruise Casual nights:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093/~/what-to-wear---evenings

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

Now if they'd just bring back the Chocolate Sampler dessert - I loved it. DH is diabetic so we're not ordering Art at the Table (it doesn't look like something I'd choose anyway) and the Chocolate Sphere doesn't sound like something I'd care for. Guess I'll end up ordering the cheesecake.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree. It's still well under what I would pay here at home for even a "just decent" steak dinner. Would I pay that up charge in the MDR as an upgrade? Probably not, but for the ambiance of the separate restaurant, and the quality of the beef being the cause for the rise in price, I'm OK with it. Plus, I'd probably pay a $3.00 up charge just for the cheesecake so I'm still excited about trying it out. I booked it right after booking our March 2019 cruise and supposedly the original price will still apply, but if not I won't worry about it.

We enjoy the steakhouse but remember you have already paid for a very nice meal in the DR not to mention tip to the server.

We enjoy the steakhouse but remember you have already paid for a very nice meal in the DR not to mention tip to the server.

I wouldn’t call the MDR a really nice meal - I would consider it on par with chain restaurants like Ruby Tuesday. But as a family of 4' date=' of we all ordered appetizers, entrees and desserts, with tip our bill could easily be $150 or more.

For us, steakhouse is a huge difference in quality - and that difference is worth the up charge as some place like Ruth’s Chris would run our family of 4 $400!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums