Port Canaveral to Disney

cvskult

How do people recommend getting to Disney from port Canaveral looking for cheapest way

I'd probably opt for a rental car.

However, if you are in Port Canaveral for a port stop, I'd go with a ship excursion.

Agree with Bob. Very easy and cheap to do a rental car as there are numerous offices either in the port or very close to. However, for port stops the day usually isn't long enough and it's easier to do an excursion with transport included. WDW, depending on traffic and which park you go to is at times close to 90 minutes from the port each way.

It's a long way to go on your own, would be worried about getting back in time.

On the flip side, check times you are in port. My last cruise, I recall the length of stay at Disney wasn't that great.

If you want more details on going it on your own, or 3rd party group try the home port/ports of call section of CC.

We did a shared van last year after our Freedom cruise. We were staying at Port Orleans for several days and the van took us there (after dropping everyone else off along the way). We took the Disney bus to Orlando airport after our time at WDW. Was a great way to travel in both instances. However, having said that, there were only 2 of us in my party for the shared van. I didn't want to deal with returning a rental car and then taking a cab to Port Orleans. I figured for the 2 of us the shared van was less expensive than the rental car due to the cab ride. If you have more than 2 people, then a rental car might be the way to go since the shared van will charge you per person. It was $108 with tax and tip included.

Sorry this would be post cruise not for an excursion

Then I go with the rental car. There are several rental agencies near the port that do one-way rentals and also have shuttles between the cruise terminals and rental office. Here's a map:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52984511&postcount=5

Lived in Orlando for many years. Port Canaveral is an easy drive via rental car to Disney property. Another alternative would be to book Disney Magical Express from Orlando International Airport, which is a bus service contracted to Mears Transportation. If you plan on remaining on Disney property, this could work. If you are wanting to explore the area or visit other theme parks, a rental car is the way to go. And be prepared to pay a lot of tolls. While it is possible to get to Disney avoiding tolls, you will be taking a lot of back roads and dealing with a lot of traffic in Orlando.

be prepared to pay a lot of tolls. While it is possible to get to Disney avoiding tolls, you will be taking a lot of back roads and dealing with a lot of traffic in Orlando.

Could the above-mentioned tolls be paid in cash? I have done the drive from Cocoa Beach to the Orlando Airport before and was prepared with my quarters, but what about Cocoa Beach to Disney? Thanks, Karen

Could the above-mentioned tolls be paid in cash? I have done the drive from Cocoa Beach to the Orlando Airport before and was prepared with my quarters, but what about Cocoa Beach to Disney? Thanks, Karen

Mostly the same route, though if you take 417, it also has tolls with a cash option.

Mostly the same route, though if you take 417, it also has tolls with a cash option.

What Bob said...last time in Orlando (2 years ago), they still had cash toll payment available, though there has been talk of getting rid of the cash lanes over the past few years. Wish they would do what Colorado does with the license plate tolls, but imagine that would be a nightmare in Central Florida with the number of rental cars running around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another alternative would be to book Disney Magical Express from Orlando International Airport, which is a bus service contracted to Mears Transportation.

I second this. But you can only use the Magical Express if you're staying at a Disney Resort. I use the Go Port Canaveral shuttle for $15 pp, then use the Magical Express. You will have to give Disney reservation people a flight number

that gets into the Orlando airport around 11 am in order to get a reservation on the Disney Express. Normal check-in at a Disney resort is around 2 pm or 3 pm. You should get to Disney around noon using this.

Edited by bala1130
font change

Awesome thanks. How much time do we need to get off the boat to catch the last shuttle one is 10 one is 1030 with about $15 price difference for all 3 of us. I was hoping to stay on the boat till they kicked us off but if we have to be at shuttle by 10 I would think we have to get off at 9

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome thanks. How much time do we need to get off the boat to catch the last shuttle one is 10 one is 1030 with about $15 price difference for all 3 of us. I was hoping to stay on the boat till they kicked us off but if we have to be at shuttle by 10 I would think we have to get off at 9

Hard to predict how long customs will take. However, I'd get off at least an hour before your shuttle time, just in case.