New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

No short cruises out of N.O. Last cruise this year is in April. No they should honor the program we booked under. 77 points as of Jan 27 was Platinum. Now it is not.

10 cruises in 3 years with no bonus points. Feb 19 is our 11th cruise of one week duration. Some have been back to back.

They have to draw the line somewhere.

One platinum only in cabin -- 2 coupons that can be used for La C and Le B dinner for 2 for a total of 2 extra pay restaurants instead of the one dinner for 2 prior to the change in benefits???

MARAPRINCE

It is one meal for 2 in Cagneys or Le Bistro, and another meal for 2 in Moderno or La Cucina, instead of the one meal for 2 in either Le Bistro or La Cucina before the change.

How much is laundry anyway?

also,

1) oh, also noticed that there's no longer a Welcome Gift (box of Godiva chocolates) for Gold. :(

2) Internet minutes benefit: Internet packages are still by the Min? Thought it was by the Megabyte now?

The laundry bag special is $19.95 so watch for when it's offered.

There's no Godiva chocolates anymore for Platinum either. :rolleyes:

Only one ship used megabytes. I think it's Breakaway?

• 9 months later...

I know this is a long lost thread. But I just wanted to post that I did NOT receive the points that I should have for a cruise just taken but booked on 2/2/17. It was a 7 day, with a bonus of double points for booking that particular sailing, which was offered for several Oct/Nov BA cruises out of NYC. I also booked it on 2/2/17 before the elimination of the 9 months advance booking points. So in reality I should have gotten 21 points for this cruise. I did not. I contact NCL but have no heard anything back from them.

I know this is a long lost thread. But I just wanted to post that I did NOT receive the points that I should have for a cruise just taken but booked on 2/2/17. It was a 7 day, with a bonus of double points for booking that particular sailing, which was offered for several Oct/Nov BA cruises out of NYC. I also booked it on 2/2/17 before the elimination of the 9 months advance booking points. So in reality I should have gotten 21 points for this cruise. I did not. I contact NCL but have no heard anything back from them.

Yours is the first report I have seen of the extra point not being given, so I would suggest that it is an error.

I do wonder about the timing. If you booked very close to the deadline then maybe the system has your booking down as not qualifying. If that’s the case they should still change it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you make any changes to your booking like price drops, change of promos? If NCL had to cancel your booking and rebook you for the change of prices or promos, you might of lose your original booking date that would of gave you the extra points.

I received double points for my Breakaway cruise i just came home a few weeks ago. That was booked last year, and i made no changes to the booking.

did you make any changes to your booking like price drops, change of promos? If NCL had to cancel your booking and rebook you for the change of prices or promos, you might of lose your original booking date that would of gave you the extra points.

I received double points for my Breakaway cruise i just came home a few weeks ago. That was booked last year, and i made no changes to the booking.

No changes except I had my upgrade offer accepted, which should have had nothing to do with it. I was very careful not to change anything as the extra points would actually make a a difference this time.

No changes except I had my upgrade offer accepted, which should have had nothing to do with it. I was very careful not to change anything as the extra points would actually make a a difference this time.

The upgrade is what did it. That counts as a rebook.

The upgrade is what did it. That counts as a rebook.

That's inaccurate. The bidding upgrade system does NOT change the booking date. That is specifically stated in the upgrade offer rules.

Everything hinges on the booking date which appears in the upper right corner of the reservation confirmation form. If that didn't change from the initial booking, point that out to the Latitudes complaint desk. If it did change find out WHY.

That's inaccurate. The bidding upgrade system does NOT change the booking date. That is specifically stated in the upgrade offer rules.

Everything hinges on the booking date which appears in the upper right corner of the reservation confirmation form. If that didn't change from the initial booking, point that out to the Latitudes complaint desk. If it did change find out WHY.

When I put in my offer for the Haven I had my TA call and she was told exactly what you stated, that a bid would not effect the original booking. Booking date was still 2/2 ,before the 9 month advance change.

I am waiting for a reply from NCL.

I booked a Feb. 2018 10-Day cruise on October 17, 2016 which should qualify me for an extra point based on the grandfathered 9-month in advance extra point. In addition, I am in a suite and it is a Latitude Insiders cruise both of which qualify for an extra point. Earlier someone stated that if you are in a suite that you do not get the extra Latitude Insiders point but I cannot find this in the Terms and Conditions. My question is, do I receive 20, 30 or 40 (10 + 10 extra for more than 9 months out and booked prior to Feb. 3, 2017 + 10 extra for suite + 10 extra for Latitude Insider Offer) points for this cruise? I am 23 points away from Platinum so I am hoping for at least the 30 points. :confused:

My 14 points that were given were for: 7 points for the sailing and 7 points for the latitude insiders bonus.

I did not get the 7 bonus points for the 9 month advance booking. The cut off date for that was 2/3/2017, I booked on 2/2/17 so there is no reason I should not have gotten it. I was told there is no one I can talk to that I must send another email to Latitude support. Anyone know if there is someone/number that I could speak to?

My 14 points that were given were for: 7 points for the sailing and 7 points for the latitude insiders bonus.

I did not get the 7 bonus points for the 9 month advance booking. The cut off date for that was 2/3/2017, I booked on 2/2/17 so there is no reason I should not have gotten it. I was told there is no one I can talk to that I must send another email to Latitude support. Anyone know if there is someone/number that I could speak to?

What was the booking date in the upper right corner of your last booking confirmation????

If that remained 2/2/17 then send it to Latitudes.

If not, call the person who booked you.

By the by, did you make the reservation directly with NCL or use a travel agent? If you used a TA , they should be doing the leg work.

What was the booking date in the upper right corner of your last booking confirmation????

If that remained 2/2/17 then send it to Latitudes.

If not, call the person who booked you.

By the by, did you make the reservation directly with NCL or use a travel agent? If you used a TA , they should be doing the leg work.

Yes, the date on the booking was still 2/2. I booked with a TA... thanks for the tip to let them to the leg work, I will call her tomorrow.

Our Representatives would be happy to help you with the following:

• Look up your Latitudes number
  • Let you know what Latitudes tier you are in
  • Advise you about your Latitudes member benefits
  • Update your contact information

• Phone1.866.234.0292
    Call Latitudes - Loyalty Program
  • Mailing AddressU.S. & CANADA Latitudes Customer Service P.O. Box 026071 Miami, FL 33102-9075
  • Hours of Operation
    • Mon-Fri: 8:00am - Midnight ET
    • Sat, Sun: 9am - 9pm ET

[*]

[*]

I originally booked the Epic for January 2019. Then I got word that my chosen cruise would be chartered out from under me. Even though NCL denied this would happen to my TA, a few months later that is exactly what happened. Nonetheless, I rebooked the same ship in March (different itinerary). The booking date on my confirmation has not changed. So making changes to one's booking doesn't change the date of the booking.

I believe that because my booking number did not change, the booking date does not change. If the booking number changes, then the booking date will change.

The booking date on my confirmation has not changed. So making changes to one's booking doesn't change the date of the booking.

I believe that because my booking number did not change, the booking date does not change. If the booking number changes, then the booking date will change.

Whenever i make any changes to my booking, the booking number is the same but the booking date is always different. Like i booked a cruise last December, in January i called up about a price reduction. on the new confirmation email i received, the booking date was January not December. It was like i lost the original December booking date. Lucky i saved all of the confirmation emails, so i know the exact correct booking date.

Whenever i make any changes to my booking, the booking number is the same but the booking date is always different. Like i booked a cruise last December, in January i called up about a price reduction. on the new confirmation email i received, the booking date was January not December. It was like i lost the original December booking date. Lucky i saved all of the confirmation emails, so i know the exact correct booking date.

You are very, very, mistaken.

There are four items in the upper right hand corner:

Invoice Date, Booking Date, Reservation Number, and Promo Codes.

Regarding the Two Dates in the upper right hand corner:

The Invoice Date
, changes whenever you make an adjustment that changes the price to the existing reservation.

The Booking Date
, does
NOT
change
Unless what you did constituted a Cancellation and Rebooking.

Yes, the date on the booking was still 2/2. I booked with a TA... thanks for the tip to let them to the leg work, I will call her tomorrow.

One important question could be if the cruise confirmation you have, is actually from NCL originally or if it is from your TA...? Probably a "long shot", but could it be that even though you booked your cruise through your TA on February 2nd, they (the TA) didn't get the reservation through to NCL before the date changed to February 3rd? Or, because of a time difference between where you and/or your TA are located and the NCL head office - there was a time difference that caused this significant date to change to the next day even though it was still February 2nd at "your end"?

If none of the above, then I agree with the other posters that is was probably just an error that you didn't get your extra point for booking more than 9 months before the sailing date, and that this would be solved as soon as the Latitude department at NCL takes a closer look at your paperwork. I know that it might take a long time to get a response from them, as they do handle all Latitude members at one office, and even if they have plenty of staff, I am pretty certain there are extremely many inquiries to them for various reasons.

One important question could be if the cruise confirmation you have, is actually from NCL originally or if it is from your TA...? Probably a "long shot", but could it be that even though you booked your cruise through your TA on February 2nd, they (the TA) didn't get the reservation through to NCL before the date changed to February 3rd? Or, because of a time difference between where you and/or your TA are located and the NCL head office - there was a time difference that caused this significant date to change to the next day even though it was still February 2nd at "your end"?

If none of the above, then I agree with the other posters that is was probably just an error that you didn't get your extra point for booking more than 9 months before the sailing date, and that this would be solved as soon as the Latitude department at NCL takes a closer look at your paperwork. I know that it might take a long time to get a response from them, as they do handle all Latitude members at one office, and even if they have plenty of staff, I am pretty certain there are extremely many inquiries to them for various reasons.

The paperwork that I am looking with the 2/2 date is from NCL. I actually booked 2 cruises on 2/2 to qualify for the 9 month advance bonus points. The second cruise is not until 9/18 and that also has a date of 2/2. I have emailed and called Latitudes and will just wait until I hear something back from them.

I will post back when I get a resolution. Thanks!

The Booking Date
, does
NOT
change
Unless what you did constituted a Cancellation and Rebooking.

So I guess that means I'm not special. However, as I said, I changed from a January Epic cruise to a March Epic cruise. How that was handled internally I don't know and I don't care. I was able to get off the ship that would soon be chartered and on one that hopefully still be there when I board. My booking number and booking date remained the same.

So I guess that means I'm not special. However, as I said, I changed from a January Epic cruise to a March Epic cruise. How that was handled internally I don't know and I don't care. I was able to get off the ship that would soon be chartered and on one that hopefully still be there when I board. My booking number and booking date remained the same.

Whether you are special or not is not the question. You are giving bad advice to the poster who is trying to resolve her problem. Unlike you, she did NOT change sailing dates. All she did was enter the Upgrade bidding offer, 90 days before sailing for a higher priced cabin. Your post tended to muddy the waters, not resolve her problem.

Whether you are special or not is not the question. You are giving bad advice to the poster who is trying to resolve her problem. Unlike you, she did NOT change sailing dates. All she did was enter the Upgrade bidding offer, 90 days before sailing for a higher priced cabin. Your post tended to muddy the waters, not resolve her problem.

I am not giving any advice to anyone. I am simply stating what happened to me when I changed cruises. The only reason this is important is because of the cut off date. Mine did not change. I am have not told anyone what they should do.

People are claiming that a cancel and rebook changes the booking date. I moved from one cruise to a different cruise. My TA took care of it for me. My booking date has remained 1/30/17 (the change of cruises was in May). I will not find out how NCL will actually handle this until March 2019.

• 7 months later...

Well, was wondering if a cruise I booked in Dec of 2016 for a cruise in June of 2018 would still award the extra point for booking 9 months out. Not only did they award the extra points, they honored the old Latitudes levels and moved us up to Gold even though we are 6 points away from the new level numbers. I thought that was pretty decent of them.