New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

This is good news..... I booked in Nov 2016 and have trip in May 2019..... the code LATREW is on my confirmation so fingers crossed.

I believe LATREW is just the amenities associated with your latitude level and unrelated to the bonus points.

I believe LATREW is just the amenities associated with your latitude level and unrelated to the bonus points.

I think you may be right. It almost certainly has nothing to do with the bonus points as they applied to everyone so didn’t have a booking code.

However, if the cruise was booked in 2016 then they should be fine anyway. I’ve not yet heard of anyone not getting the double points in that situation.

LATREW - spells out Latitude Rewards = Past guests receive an additional Latitudes Rewards point per night.

For further LATREW questions: LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/search?Ntt=latitudes+rewards

Something to consider if you have booked 9 or months in advance that was done prior to cut off date of 2/3/2017

and you remain on the same -sailing- -time- and -date- but simply are moving (Upgrade) to a better cabin class

you should not be penalized with the loss of Points - this is not a cancel and rebook situation !

The same would apply to all sailings using the Latitudes INSIDE OFFER if you change (Upgrade) to a better cabin class on the

same -sailing- -time- and -date-. The Points do not change - well YES you get additional points if in a suite.

Booking a separate cruise on a different ship however negates getting those Points

unless that new cruise is also an Insider Offer.

Won a recent case appeal to NCL in this regard.

Problems in this regard the person and email address at NCL is:

Ana Rodriguez | Manager, International Reservations & Support Services

P: +1 305-436-4000 | F: +1 305-436-4126

arodriguez@ncl.com |www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

That failing the NCL contact is:

VIVIAN EWART

Vice President, Passenger Services

7665 Corporate Center Dr.

Miami, FL 33126

(305) 436-4011

vewart@ncl.com

Do not accept the answers provided by the telephone reservationists at NCL - escalate this to the next higher level until resolved !

LATREW - spells out Latitude Rewards = Past guests receive an additional Latitudes Rewards point per night.

I booked a cruise in March 2018 for a November 2019 cruise. On my confirmation, it says LATREW as a promo code.

on my previous cruise, i booked in December 2016 for a May 2018 cruise, on that confirmation there is no LATREW promo code yet i still receive the extra latitude rewards points and i did had issues with getting the new latitude perks like what some people posted about

i think the LATREW promo code is used to update your booking with the latitude perks automatically.

This is false. The promo code LATREW has a description of “Latitudes complimentary onboard benefits” and is unrelated to the extra 1-point per night.

This is false. The promo code LATREW has a description of “Latitudes complimentary onboard benefits” and is unrelated to the extra 1-point per night.

Confusing - heck - YES - but certainly not False and then not completely True either.

Leave it to NCL to define things in their own terms:

LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/search?Ntt=LATITUDE+REWARDS

It would seem that the Latitude Rewards program is centered around the extra points ?

Getting the extra points moves a guest more quickly into the next level of customer recognition and benefits.

LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Simply:

Each night of the cruise you get -1- point

If in a Full Suite Haven Garden cabin -1- additional point

Booking an Insider Offer -1- more point

Maximum points to be earned is -3- per each night of the cruise

There seems to be some confusion here regarding which bonus points we are talking about.

The original discussion was regarding the bonus point that you used to get for booking more than 9 months out. That has now stopped for new bookings, but is still being honoured for cruises booked before February 2017. In the example we are currently talking about, the cruise was booked in 2016 so the extra point should be received. There has never been any booking code which relates to this extra point.

There is then the extra point you get for booking a latitudes special. This is still available for new bookings. Personally I don’t know for sure what booking code applies to this, but it makes sense that it could be LATREW. In that case it looks like the booking being discussed may also get this extra point as well, making three per night in total. However, I couldn’t confirm this as I don’t know the detail of the codes.

It may well be the case that we were all correct, but were talking about different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Keith !

At least for sure the 9 month booking program is about to come to a close.

The final booking deadline was February 3 2017.

At the best NCL's booking schedule is about 1 and half years out or so - figure into the autumn of 2018.

After the autumn sailings of this year this program will be history and then we will have to contend with

getting only -3- points a night maximum.

Thus the ability to rapidly move up in the Latitudes guest levels will be somewhat restricted.

I.E. a 14 day cruise in a suite with insider offer will max out at 42 points instead of 56 the old way with

the 9 month booking factor.

It would be nice if there was a GLOSSARY of terms in addition to the:

UBP - Ultimate Beverage Package

SDP - Specialty Dining Package

OBC - On Board Credit

LATREW - Latitude Rewards ?

There is the Cruise Critic Glossary - LINK:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1523

Thanks Keith !

At the best NCL's booking schedule is about 1 and half years out or so - figure into the autumn of 2018.

After the autumn sailings of this year this program will be history and then we will have to contend with

Thus the ability to rapidly move up in the Latitudes guest levels will be somewhat restricted.

I.E. a 14 day cruise in a suite with insider offer will max out at 42 points instead of 56 the old way with

the 9 month booking factor.

It would be nice if there was a GLOSSARY of terms in addition to the:

OBC - On Board Credit

and of course if there's something weird about a reservation then it happens to me..... the autumn deadline you mention isn't hard and fast. I booked CAS in Nov 2016 for a March 2018 cruise that in turn NCL messed up on me (no big deal) so they moved me to May 2019 (clearly past the 1.5 year normal window from Nov 2016)...... my booking date on the confirmation is still Nov 2016 and the invoice date is Dec 2017 (when NCL called me about the mess up and moved to May 2019)...... it will be interesting if I get the 9 month bonus points. I wouldn't care any other time but if I get it I creep over the Platinum line by 2 points and if I don't get them I am short.

Leave it to me..... oh, and CAS can't give me a straight answer because some refer to the booking date and others refer to the invoice date.

and of course if there's something weird about a reservation then it happens to me..... the autumn deadline you mention isn't hard and fast. I booked CAS in Nov 2016 for a March 2018 cruise that in turn NCL messed up on me (no big deal) so they moved me to May 2019 (clearly past the 1.5 year normal window from Nov 2016)...... my booking date on the confirmation is still Nov 2016 and the invoice date is Dec 2017 (when NCL called me about the mess up and moved to May 2019)...... it will be interesting if I get the 9 month bonus points. I wouldn't care any other time but if I get it I creep over the Platinum line by 2 points and if I don't get them I am short.

Leave it to me..... oh, and CAS can't give me a straight answer because some refer to the booking date and others refer to the invoice date.

It all depends on how the system has been programmed to deal with it.

It would seem to me that the easiest way of handling these old bookings would be for the system to check the booking date and add the points in if it was before Feb 2017. If that is how they have done it then it will continue to do so until someone specifically removes that bit of code, or there is a rewrite of the software.

Your situation is almost certainly not unique. Whilst the 18 month window mentioned above is fairly standard for NCL, there are always some which are available to book further in advance of that. Specifically the Pride of America, which is currently available for bookings through to April 2021. I don't know exactly how far into the future people were able to book that itinerary in January 2017, but it would almost certainly have been well into next year.

The reference to the invoice date looks like a total red herring to me. Just picking a random old booking, the invoice date was shown as the date that we made final payment. It is booking date which is relevant.

I'm sure you will be fine.

There is then the extra point you get for booking a latitudes special. This is still available for new bookings. Personally I don’t know for sure what booking code applies to this, but it makes sense that it could be LATREW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The code for the latitudes special which gives you an extra point is 'LATITUDES'.

I have been on two cruises this year (2018) that was booked AFTER the Latitudes program changed in February 2017, and I have one cruise booked for 2019 that I just booked a few months ago, and on ALL cruise confirmations for these three cruises, the code LATREW is among the codes in the upper right corner of the confirmation. And NONE of these cruises were/are Latitude insider specials either.

Did NOT receive any extra points on the two cruises this year, and also didn't expect that, since I booked them AFTER the Latitudes changes. My understanding is that when the code LATREW is on your reservation, it just means that you are entitled to the Latitude program perks that is given for your Latitude status...? At least that seems to be the case in my "situation"... :)

Summer of 2017 I was on one cruise that was booked more than 9 months out - so before the change, and did indeed receive the extra points for booking early. This cruise was also a "Latitudes insider offer", with additional points - and the code for this on the confirmation was LATITUDES (not LATREW).

OBC - On Board Credit

I have cruises booked in January 2017 that will take place in March and November 2019.

BEVPK1 - Adult Ultimate Beverage Package

CHI250 - Internet Package (250 Minutes of 1000 MB)

CHOCSB - Chocolate Covered Strawberries

CHSULM - Choice Shore Excursion Credit

DINPK3 - 3 Meal Specialty Dining Package

OB300 - Free $300 On-Board Credit Certificate Non-Refundable

WINEB - 1 Bottle of Wine