Noise from the Lido deck in the Neptune or Vista suites

skidroe

We have never heard any people noise from above but occasionally there will be some chair-scraping noises, often at the end of the afternoon when they are straightening up the deck chairs. Nothing intrusive or annoying at all. The Neptune suites on these ships are wonderful.

On the S and R class ships we do try to select a cabin as far forward as possible to avoid the noise from the Lido. A couple of times we had Neptune Suites right across from the Neptune Lounge and directly under the pool area. Heard lots of chairs and tables being moved at all times of the morning and day. Also they hosed down that area early in the morning and our verandah was soaked for a few hours.

There are a few Vista suites that are directly under the Lido buffet area -- they are quiet. But if you select a cabin too far back -- some problems with water dripping down on your balcony and some noise above.

I'll second KK on noise in the Neptune Suites. We have stayed in two different cabins and could hear noise from above at all hours.

Ditto. Visit the website that posts pictures of HAL cabins for a detailed description of noise and pictures of Rotterdam Neptune 7018.

Ditto. Visit the website that posts pictures of HAL cabins for a detailed description of noise and pictures of Rotterdam Neptune 7018.

We were just in Rotterdam 7028 (Neptune). We loved the location and it was very quiet (Lido dining above us). Would take this location a minute!

I was in Neptune Suite 7040 on the Amsterdam for a 2-week Alaska trip last September. It's directly across the all from the aft elevator lobby on the port side. The only time I heard any noise at all was the first night -- wasn't sure what it was and it lasted only about 15-30 minutes or so. After that, not a sound -- no scrapes, no thumps, nothing -- for the duration of the trip. That's from inside the cabin. Not sure if there would be noise on the verandah, but at least when I was out there taking photos, or sitting with a glass of wine watching the scenery, I didn't hear anything.

Lana in Bellingham, WA