Britannia refit

marylizcat

That’s correct timing wise.

The first refit is known as a warranty refit - sought out everything that isn’t quite as it should have been.

Some changes in the atrium expected with glasshouse being extended across both sides of deck 7. Market cafe will then take over the Java role of Costa Coffee and cake on deck 5.

Marco Pierre White is taking over the cookery club.

Britannia also due to get scrubbers on her exhausts.

And mid-ship stairs due to be brought into passenger use. There are some design differences to the Royal/Regal which need to be overcome here first though.

• 3 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:32 PM, Dwalkerdave said:

As far as I can see she has no cruises scheduled between 7 October and 23 October !!!!!

We are due to sail on her on 25th October but I think there is a sailing before us.  I am worried about this as it might spoil our cruise. We have only been on one cruise before so don't how it works.

25 minutes ago, Pozzetti said:

We are due to sail on her on 25th October but I think there is a sailing before us.  I am worried about this as it might spoil our cruise. We have only been on one cruise before so don't how it works.

Your cruise should be enhanced by the refit, not spoiled. Opening up the mid ship staircase is long overdue and can only assist passenger movement around the ship, reducing queues for lifts.

Yes I get that but I am worried they will be doing the refit whilst we are sailing. I saw 'rip off Britain on TV the other day and a couple wss on a cruise whilst the ship was having a refit and it was awful it wss like a building site. It wasn't  P&O though. 

They generally have the refits timed pretty well these days and only odd bits of finishing off should be left if anything by the time its due to sail. I was on ventura post refit by a couple of cruises recently the cruises before all went on time and all i really noticed was fluffy carpets in places and some odd trimmed carpet in cabin which i reported to be sorted at some point...

It is very unlikely to overrun by any any significant period.  As is often the case, the first cruise after the refit is a 2-nighter, which could be cancelled in that unlikely event of a late finish on the refit.