A new approach to smuggling alcohol?

mermeraid

I have searched both google and this forum enumerable times for methods of bringing alcohol back onto your ship, and everyone seems suggest Rum Runners or putting it into a water bottle etc... However, none of these seem fool proof as security is allowed to check your bags. So, I started thinking anndd, what about just taping the mickey or whatever you've bought to your actual body? Do they frisk you or something :P ? Sure you would be the odd guy in line with a hoodie (to hide the awkward bulk) and shorts on but, would they actually check? Basically my question is, would this work? I've never been on a cruise before so I am not familiar with the security measures.

P.S. this is for bringing alcohol on from a port of call, not home port

P.P.S. i AM this desperate

I bought the 200 ml size bottles of booze and Carnival let me bring all 5 back to my cabin. Nothing was said to either me or another pax doing this to check the small bottles.

Or just put some little bottles in your pocket.. padded so they dont click of course.

During Prihibitin, my grandparents and another coupledrove to Canada. While there, they bought a pint of booze. My grandmother hid it in the top of her stockings and got it past the border guards. They got back to Lake Placid and my g'ma and the other woman were so exhausted from stress, they both went to bed. My g'pa and the other man drank the whole bottle. I don't think g'ma ever forgave him.

I have searched both google and this forum enumerable times for methods of bringing alcohol back onto your ship, and everyone seems suggest Rum Runners or putting it into a water bottle etc... However, none of these seem fool proof as security is allowed to check your bags. So, I started thinking anndd, what about just taping the mickey or whatever you've bought to your actual body? Do they frisk you or something :P ? Sure you would be the odd guy in line with a hoodie (to hide the awkward bulk) and shorts on but, would they actually check? Basically my question is, would this work? I've never been on a cruise before so I am not familiar with the security measures.

Complete waste of time. Just put your bottle in your checked luggage and enjoy. If the inspectors care they will find it no matter what you do.

Are you aware you can actually buy drinks on the ship? You can even buy a bottle from Room Service or a bar if you want one for your room. You're on vacation. ;) Splurge a little. :D Don't go all wild, crazy but have some fun. :)

I bought a bottle of very nice tequila in Cozumel a few weeks ago...I had the bottle in my beach bag, put it through the scanner, the security guy said to go turn it in at the booze table and we just walked past them and to our cabin. No one said anything. This was on Carnival. I bought some rum in St. Thomas while on a Princess cruise in Oct and the security never said a word after I put my bag through the scanner. The same goes for the Celebrity cruise I took last year. If you get busted for not turning in your contraband at the booze table, just play dumb and say you didn't understand, etc. I don't think you will have a problem getting in a few bottles from your port(s). Good luck!

For the OP, regarding a 'new approach'. I am CERTAIN that no one has ever tried that method. It is important to note that NO ONE in history has ever successfully smuggled alcohol onto a cruise ship. The ship's staff is so tenacious and perserverant that it is absolutely impossible to get away with it.

for the op, regarding a 'new approach'. I am certain that no one has ever tried that method. It is important to note that no one in history has ever successfully smuggled alcohol onto a cruise ship. The ship's staff is so tenacious and perserverant that it is absolutely impossible to get away with it.

rotflmaf

So, I started thinking anndd, what about just taping the mickey or whatever you've bought to your actual body?
I don't think it'd be worth the small amount you could secret upon your person.
I had the bottle in my beach bag, put it through the scanner, the security guy said to go turn it in at the booze table and we just walked past them and to our cabin. No one said anything. This was on Carnival.
Change the cruise line to Royal Caribbean, and I could tell the same story . . . in multiple ports on multiple cruises. Once I didn't realize that my husband had put his rum into my bag -- I thought he was carrying it -- and no one stopped me at all. Perhaps if I were a 20-something instead of a mom of two they'd pay more attention to me, or maybe if I sailed during spring break they'd check more carefully.
It is important to note that NO ONE in history has ever successfully smuggled alcohol onto a cruise ship. The ship's staff is so tenacious and perserverant that it is absolutely impossible to get away with it.
You may think it's wrong to bring alcohol onboard, but you're sadly, sadly misinformed about people's success rate in getting it onboard. I've personally brought a small amount of alcohol on EVERY cruise I've sailed. Stories of people being caught with alcohol are rare; the vast majority seem to have no trouble doing it.

I don't think it'd be worth the small amount you could secret upon your person.Change the cruise line to Royal Caribbean, and I could tell the same story . . . in multiple ports on multiple cruises. Once I didn't realize that my husband had put his rum into my bag -- I thought he was carrying it -- and no one stopped me at all. Perhaps if I were a 20-something instead of a mom of two they'd pay more attention to me, or maybe if I sailed during spring break they'd check more carefully. You may think it's wrong to bring alcohol onboard, but you're sadly, sadly misinformed about people's success rate in getting it onboard. I've personally brought a small amount of alcohol on EVERY cruise I've sailed. Stories of people being caught with alcohol are rare; the vast majority seem to have no trouble doing it.

If you bring some vodka and Milk of magnesia, you can order orange juice with coffee from room service for breakfast. Drink the coffee and save the OJ for later. Then, add vodka to the OJ and stir in some M o M. Voila! A Phillip's Screwdriver!

Of course, that would mean getting the vodka smuggled aboard, which is clearly less likely than getting the truth out of a politician.

If your this desperate call AA

If you bring some vodka and Milk of magnesia, you can order orange juice with coffee from room service for breakfast. Drink the coffee and save the OJ for later. Then, add vodka to the OJ and stir in some M o M. Voila! A Phillip's Screwdriver!

Of course, that would mean getting the vodka smuggled aboard, which is clearly less likely than getting the truth out of a politician.

I have no idea what you mean about the screwdriver thing. It appears to be a joke but isn't funny, and I'm not even sure what Milk of magnesia is.

Vodka, being available in small containers and clear, is extremely easy to bring onboard. I don't care for it personally, but there's nothing to getting it on the ship.

I have no idea what you mean about the screwdriver thing. It appears to be a joke but isn't funny, and I'm not even sure what Milk of magnesia is.

Vodka, being available in small containers and clear, is extremely easy to bring onboard. I don't care for it personally, but there's nothing to getting it on the ship.

It is a VERY funny joke. It is obscure and requires some thought.

Still and all, It's IMPOSSIBLE to get hootch onto a ship. They are TOO good at ferreting out the contraband. It is best that no one try it. You sure don't wanta get caught and arrested. Missing the ship 'cause you're in stir for a bottle of vodka would be a travesty and we all know just how often THAT HAPPENS.

Are you aware you can actually buy drinks on the ship? You can even buy a bottle from Room Service or a bar if you want one for your room. You're on vacation. ;) Splurge a little. :D Don't go all wild, crazy but have some fun. :)

Well, not on all cruise lines. Some do not allow you to purchase a bottle from Room Service (or the duty free shops or pre-order to have in your cabin on boarding). Yes, you can order individual drinks, but you cannot buy a bottle of alcohol (except wine) and have it delivered.

It sure is nice on those lines that allow it to be able to have "fixings" in our cabin for a late nightcap or while getting ready to go out or after a shore day while on the balcony relaxing without having to schlep down to a bar/lounge or wait for room service. We don't sneak alcohol onboard because we don't think it's worth the bother, but we also don't care for the "nanny" rules on some lines. We're adults, not children. Yes, I know there is a small percentage of passengers who go crazy with alcohol, but that happens everywhere. Resorts allow guests to bring what they prefer for in-room consumption; sometimes we hear about resort guests who've had too much and done something stupid and dangerous; but still they allow guests to bring alcohol for their room if they choose because they do not punish everyone for the stupidity of a few.

Anyway, ordering a full bottle is not possible on all cuise lines.

beachchick

I have this vision of the movie "Midnight Express".....

They have meetings on board a lot of cruise ships, "Friends of Bill W" I would suggest you attend.

Archived