Options for Ironing Clothes on board ship Celebrity Reflection?

tings66

OK one last question before we go-- I know we can't bring an iron with us-- are there laundry rooms on Celebrity Reflection to do our own ironing or is only option using the Laundry Service offered on ship? Also, if you can share any tips, that would be great.

I asked the same question before our March Equinox cruise, and Downy wrinkle release was suggested for spray and steaming in the bathroom.

Celebrity ships don't have irons to use or laundry rooms! Wish they did.

Edited by mizlorinj

OK one last question before we go-- I know we can't bring an iron with us-- are there laundry rooms on Celebrity Reflection to do our own ironing or is only option using the Laundry Service offered on ship? Also, if you can share any tips, that would be great.

No Laundry rooms onboard I'm afraid but you can send things off to be washed & pressed at a reasonable charge.

Edited by lydnsyd

I am obsessed with ironing clothes so having no iron available was a big concern for me on our last cruise.

Night one we used Downy wrinkle release for our pants and we each had wrinkle free topes to wear. Day two was formal night so DH wore a tux from the ship and I had a wrinkle proof dress.

That gave us time to send out all our clothes that needed to be pressed and they came back by the second morning and we were set for the week. I think it cost about $25 to iron our wardrobe for the week.

Worth every penny to me!

We take some clothes pins to hang some items on the line in the shower. However the prices for laundry are reasonable, so just take advantage of this service.

However, there is no "line" in the shower....

I wear lots of cotton and linen when cruising.

Last winter I sent all my linen pants and tops to the cleaners for pressing with starch only. I asked for extra cleaning bags. Packed each item on hangers in cleaning bags, four pants and five tops. No wrinkles at all when I unpacked. Used the laundry twice for this 15 day cruise and only needed one 26in suitcase.

I use drycleaner bags. The plastic as a buffer and really prevents

wrinkling. I also have some of my nicer things cleaned before I leave

and so they are in their own bags when packing.

Use the other bags between layers of clothing.....this method works

really well for me and I learned about from some of the gals over on

The Fashion Forum many years ago:)

If something ends up getting wrinkled really badly (which is rare if

ever) but if it does? I send it out and have the ship press it for me.

When we unpack I put all the items which are clean but need pressing into a pile on the bed. Then I send them into the ship's laundry on embarkation evening for "pressing only" which is a little less expensive than having the items laundered & pressed. I realize that many object to the concept of paying 3 or 4 dollars an item for pressing, but in the the end it amounts to the cost of a couple martinis, everything looks great, and we don't have to spend our precious time on board finding a laundry room and waiting in line to do our pressing.

I've found that on MOST of the ships you can give the items to the cabins steward anytime on embarkation evening and they'll be returned the next day before dinner at "standard rates". But do confirm the timing of this, including embarkation day timing, with your cabin steward as practices are not consistent throughout the fleet.

My "trick" is to bring my stuff that needs cleaning/pressing... like my formal gown. I don't worry about wrinkles when packing it because I send it to be cleaned the moment I unpack it. Maybe our dry cleaning is expensive here.. but I find the ship's rates more than reasonable.

No iron and no wrinkles!

Our last 3 cruises with X have been 14 day cruises. One of the easiest ways to dewrinkle any garment is to hang it on a hanger and spray it with warm water. I take an empty water bottle, fill it with warm water, attach a spray nozzle (pack a used one from a Windex type bottle/may need to trim straw length) and spray the garment and hang. I have had 100% success even with my husband's suits. The slacks can be hung from a pant hanger and wrinkles will come right out. I had a very wrinkled pashima(sp?) shawl that I hung from a hanger, sprayed, and voila. If you want to speed the process, hang in the bathroom after spraying. We had two hooks on the wall and just hung the hangers there. Hope this helps someone.

Clothes pins are also great to pack. You can clip bathing suits BEHIND the deck chairs or other small items. I pack several of those plastic skirt type hangers (department store disposable) and clip clothes on them and hang behind the deck chairs. Quick dry as I hate a wet swim suit and I wash after each wearing and bring several. Happy cruising!

• 4 years later...