Celebrity Equinox: 1120 (Concierge, large balcony on hump slant) vs. 1623 (aqua)

Caraec

In a heartbeat Aqua; Blu is a big step above the MDR in service, food, and less chaotic. Breakfast in Blu is also great. 1623 is a great location, cabins above & below so quiet & close to the elevators. Then throw in access to the Persian Garden and the showers in the AQ cabins.

I'd opt for Aqua. Large balconies are nice, but I like Blu a lot more than the MDR and also really enjoy Persian Gardens on S-Class. Unless a large balcony is very important to you and/or you enjoy traditional dining format and want regular tablemates then the pros or Aqua are significantly better than the very limited Concierge Class perks. Just make sure you are not losing any perks though if you change (OBC, drInk pack etc).

For only $100 more, Aqua is a strong value. The previously mentioned perks of Blu and the Persian Garden access would tip the balance in favor of Aqua as long as you can keep your booking perks. Let us know what you decide. Either way, you will love the Equinox. Great ship and crew!

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Forums mobile app

LOL! We just made approximately this same switch for a cruise in Jan 2018. I had buyers' remorse and posted the same question - see the "Will we regret this" thread for some additional opinions.

One of my biggest concerns, that cannot be helped, is that we went from Deck 10 to Deck 11, which means instead of having a cabin over our heads, now we have the bartender's side of the pool bar. I don't think this will be too much of a problem, we are early risers, and don't spend a huge amount of time in a cabin, but we will see. We made the change for Blu, and we will see how that works out. too.

Cangelmd, I just saw your post as well!

Here is a related question. If your assigned dining room is Blu, can you go to dinner in the MDR for select dining if you prefer the menu there that evening? Or can you order items off the MDR menu at Blu?

Cangelmd, I just saw your post as well!

Here is a related question. If your assigned dining room is Blu, can you go to dinner in the MDR for select dining if you prefer the menu there that evening? Or can you order items off the MDR menu at Blu?

You should definitely check with the maitre'd before showing up at the MDR. Because they only let a specified number of people choose select dining, you'd be throwing off the available seating. It probably won't be much of a problem depending on the cruise, though. We just sailed on the Equinox last month and it was a bear getting a seat in the MDR on several nights. We like to eat around 6-6:30 and obviously, so did everybody else.

I have read that you can get food from the MDR menu in Blu .. at least that was the case in the past. I would think they would still do that depending on how busy it is.

Well worth the extra hundred dollars, you can ask the Maitre D to see the next night menu and they will show you so you can decide, if you give them some notice they can make up a special dish for you or bring you food from the MDR

There breakfast parfaits are amazing

• 2 weeks later...
For only $100 more' date=' Aqua is a strong value. The previously mentioned perks of Blu and the Persian Garden access would tip the balance in favor of Aqua as long as you can keep your booking perks. Let us know what you decide. Either way, you will love the Equinox. Great ship and crew!

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Forums mobile app

I chose to switch to Aqua cabin 1623, and it ended up being the exact same price--to the penny. I didn't make the switch until yesterday. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. With the new "sale," the price is now higher than it was yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...
I chose to switch to Aqua cabin 1623, and it ended up being the exact same price--to the penny. I didn't make the switch until yesterday. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. With the new "sale," the price is now higher than it was yesterday.

Nice choice! That sounds like a great value, hope you have a great time!