Sky Suite on Silhouette = ? on Royal?

CruisinShips

Hi...loyal Royal cruiser (Diamond) and recently booked my first Celebrity cruise. We have sailed in Crown Loft Suites on the Oasis and Allure, and Grand Suites on the Oasis and recently the Freedom.

Is a Sky Suite similar to a GS?

Thanks and I look forward to learning more about Celebrity from this group over here.

Size wise Sky Suites are equivalent to Junior Suites; they are not true suites (i.e. multiple room) but a room that is approximately 50% larger than a regular stateroom with a larger bathroom as well (with a shower/tub combo). However the perks for a Sky Suite on Celebrity are similar to perks of full suites (if I recall correctly on RCI the junior suites do not come with a lot of normal suite perks). With a Sky Suite you will receive a butler, access to Michael's Club (private lounge with complimentary drinks all day/evening - as well as sometimes food and entertainment) and Luminae as your primary dining room (a nice step up from the main dining room in service, ambiance and food quality). Other perks as well, but those are the three most significant.

No, much close to a JS, you know, a suite that really isn't a suite;p

The Sky Suites do have significantly better amenities than those on Royal. Butler Service, Michael's Club, Premium Beverage package, etc.

We stayed in a lovely GS on Grandeur a number of years ago, and it had a lovely wet bar, that was totally useless. You could not bring alcohol or wine onboard, and you could not buy a bottle of spirits from Royal ... huh?

The Grand Suites are much larger on Royal. Sky Suites are Suites in name only, a bit smaller than Junior Suites. Main difference on Celebrity is they now come with all benefits of actual Suites including unlimited drinks in Michaels Club and the special Luminae Restaurant. On our current cruise, with the extended access, Michaels Club is extremely busy and noisy unlike the Suites Lounge on RCL. Celebrity’s lounge does not feel exclusive especially before dinner.

The Grand Suites are much larger on Royal. Sky Suites are Suites in name only, a bit smaller than Junior Suites. Main difference on Celebrity is they now come with all benefits of actual Suites including unlimited drinks in Michaels Club and the special Luminae Restaurant. On our current cruise, with the extended access, Michaels Club is extremely busy and noisy unlike the Suites Lounge on RCL. Celebrity’s lounge does not feel exclusive especially before dinner.

I think the use of Michaels Club varies by cruise and is busier on cruises where the beverage package isn't offered as a booking perk.

We have experienced 2 recent cruises where Michaels Club had less than 6 people in there most evenings both pre & post dinner. Those cruises had the beverage package as a booking perk.

The Sky Suites do have significantly better amenities than those on Royal. Butler Service, Michael's Club, Premium Beverage package, etc.

The Premium Beverage Package is a perk of Royal Suites and higher, NOT for Sky Suites. Often there are promotions for suites where if you book a suite you receive $300 OBC, Gratuities, Unlimited Internet and Premium Beverage Pack - but this does not apply to all sailings (and even sailing that offer this promotion often can be booked at a lower price without the perks - i.e. by utilizing a residency rate). I am booked into a Sky Suite for my upcoming cruise and am not receiving any beverage package (will definitely be utilizing Michael's Club).

We have sailed in both Jr Suites and Sky Suites. Similar in size but that of course depends on ship and location on the ship. Jr Suites really have near nothing in the way of perks- just larger size and dinner-only in Coastal Kitchen if the RCL ship has one. Sky Suites get multiple perks on most sailings (except trans-crossings it seems) so they are a much better value IMO. One other point- Jr Suites get 2 C&A loyalty points per night. Sky Suites get 8 CC loyalty points per night.

We have sailed in both Jr Suites and Sky Suites. Similar in size but that of course depends on ship and location on the ship. Jr Suites really have near nothing in the way of perks- just larger size and dinner-only in Coastal Kitchen if the RCL ship has one. Sky Suites get multiple perks on most sailings (except trans-crossings it seems) so they are a much better value IMO. One other point- Jr Suites get 2 C&A loyalty points per night. Sky Suites get 8 CC loyalty points per night.

Sky Suites get the same perks as Celebrity Suites on trans Atlantic’s and repositioning. Unlimited drinks in Michaels Club (only closed from 12 am to 6 or so am. They also dine in the Suites restaurant Luminae for breakfast and dinner. Lunch is also served there when you are not in port. You must spent almost 6K more for a couple to be in a higher level suite (Signature, Royal, Penthouse or Reflection) to receive added benefits of Premium Beverage and unlimited Specialty Dining. Other than a larger cabin and in some an extra bathroom all other Suite perks are the same on Celebrity.

The Premium Beverage Package is a perk of Royal Suites and higher, NOT for Sky Suites. Often there are promotions for suites where if you book a suite you receive $300 OBC, Gratuities, Unlimited Internet and Premium Beverage Pack - but this does not apply to all sailings (and even sailing that offer this promotion often can be booked at a lower price without the perks - i.e. by utilizing a residency rate). I am booked into a Sky Suite for my upcoming cruise and am not receiving any beverage package (will definitely be utilizing Michael's Club).

You are correct. I forgot we got ours under a promotion.