Bathrooms on Koningsdam V Cabins

Lyndihop

Just booked a Cat V on the Koningsdam. Looks to be a run of the mill cabin. In looking at the bathroom, it's a bit on the small side. But my concern is the toilet/shower area. Is it really that small?

It appears one might bang their head on the shower glass and I don't see any grab bars to help..any input?

There are horizontal and vertical grab bars inside the stall which you can see in this photo. DH and I are both 6 ft tall and didn't have any head banging problem, but did have to sit a little sideways on the toilet to avoid hitting knees on the glass. A really poor design decision IMO, since they could have easily angled the toilet more toward the door. BTW this is a VE, but I believe all the V class bathrooms are the same.

j13w48.jpg

We spent 2 weeks recently on Kdam and experienced no problems in the bathroom with either the shower stall or the toilet. The shower is quite a bit larger than your standard shower on most ships and no shower curtain to fight with.

We have sailed twice on the Koningsdam and thought the bathrooms were fine. DH is 6'6" and had lots of room in the shower- best cruiseship shower we have had. The angle that the toilet is on is a bit awkward, especially if you have long legs. So you end up siting a little bit sideways. Not a big deal really. We spoke to the head of housekeeping one night and supposedly they have addressed this on the Nieuw Statendam.

• 2 months later...

We just got off the Knongsdam and we were in a Vista Suite, and I can safely say, that I HATED that bathroom and the toilet positioning was awful. Both my spouse and I could not fit without squeezing in at a weird angle due to the positioning of the shower glass. Also, the shower was very small. It could quite possibly be the worst bathroom we have had on any cruise.

I had a tiny inside cabin on the Koningsdam last summer. I had no problems with the toilet placement and I thought the shower was fabulous! I appreciated the grab bars as I was about 6 months post hip fracture.

For the record, I am almost 6 ft. tall and a little fluffy.

We probably would have enjoyed the shower a little better if there wasn't one of those fold up/down bench seats on the side of the wall. Space was valuable enough, but that thing took up a lot of space and I kept trying to stay away from it, as I could easily see myself wacking my knee on it.