Amsterdam Neptune Suite photos

IslandThyme

Abra, thanks for posting pictures of your beautiful stateroom. You will be spoiled for anything else now.:)

I enjoy exploring new ports but I love being on a ship so I suppose that makes me a sea days person.

Ran leans more towards a ports person.

Enjoy!

Deen

Great report.

I would be up the creek -- I don't have anything for a black and gold gala night.

Thank you for the Neptune Suite pictures.

As a fellow member of the Burg, I’m shocked!!! :'):eek: We have our black and gold for all occasions- I thought that was a requirement!!

I got the offer after we had sailed from Los Angeles, which is why I was absolutely not expecting it. Apparently there were cancellations for later legs that freed up some real estate.

I am already pretty sure that I understand why people say that once you sail in a suite it's hard, or even impossible, to go back.

Congratulations on your upsell. You are forever spoiled! I should know because in 2000 when the Amsterdam was a pretty new ship, we arrived at the dock and were told that we had been upgraded for free to a Neptune suite. At first, I was upset that we were not in the cabin I had selected since it was our 25th anniversary cruise. The lady very nicely told me that I would be pleasantly surprised. She was right and we have only sailed in Neptune suites since then. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Brought back some great memories of our cruises.

• Like 1

As a fellow member of the Burg, I’m shocked!!! :'):eek: We have our black and gold for all occasions- I thought that was a requirement!!

We have our black and gold for the various teams as well as the terrible towel. Used to have season steeler tickets -- gave them up when we retired and started to travel a lot.

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2018 at 2:28 PM, IslandThyme said:

A happy and unexpected upsell put me in this beautiful suite. https://frenchletters.wordpress.com/2018/10/03/halfway-there/

does the espresso machine come with a milk frother? I cannot tell from the picture.  Thanks! will be in one of these suites for an  Alaska cruise next summer and will buy a frother on black Friday if there isn't one.

Nope, no milk frother. The fridge isn't really cold enough to keep milk, although I suppose that a small amount would be ok overnight. Also, there's no electrical outlet on the counter that holds the coffee maker. I think you'd want to get your frothy beverages elsewhere on the ship.

On 11/19/2018 at 8:53 PM, puli said:

does the espresso machine come with a milk frother? I cannot tell from the picture.  Thanks! will be in one of these suites for an  Alaska cruise next summer and will buy a frother on black Friday if there isn't one.

There is the coffee machine in the Neptune Lounge that makes an okay "cappucino" with a nice thick head of foam . The coffee machine in the Neptune Suites itself uses pods for various coffer choices.  I would not call it a true "espresso" machine. 

4 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

There is the coffee machine in the Neptune Lounge that makes an okay "cappucino" with a nice thick head of foam . The coffee machine in the Neptune Suites itself uses pods for various coffer choices.  I would not call it a true "espresso" machine. 

I am assuming it is similar to the espresso machines in the suites on NCL...however those have a froth arm attached. From  pictures  of those in HAL's suites it looks like there is no frother attachment.

I like the Neptune  Lounge cappucino  but we will be  at the far aft and that is a long walk each morning for my 3 cups!

15 hours ago, IslandThyme said:

Nope, no milk frother. The fridge isn't really cold enough to keep milk, although I suppose that a small amount would be ok overnight. Also, there's no electrical outlet on the counter that holds the coffee maker. I think you'd want to get your frothy beverages elsewhere on the ship.

I have a battery operated one that can work in a pinch.hopefully the fridge will be cold enough for milk if not they should be replaced.some folks keep medication there.

12 minutes ago, puli said:

I have a battery operated one that can work in a pinch.hopefully the fridge will be cold enough for milk if not they should be replaced.some folks keep medication there.

I keep a supply of yogurt in the cabin refrigerator with no problems.  We have kept milk cartons in  them too.  I believe are referred to as  chllers instead "refrigerators". Have not heard any complaints from those who do use them for medications. 40 degrees or below is standard for safe food preservation temps.