boarding time in brooklyn

chef Brian

hello, I had a quick question, I have been on 11 princess cruises but never out of Brooklyn, I heard that Brooklyn is more strict in boarding times? is this correct? I always go early with priority boarding, and am usually one of the first groups boarding, for the new England cruise I have gotten several emails stating time to board like between 2-3, to me this day in port counts as my cruise and I want to get on as soon as possible.....so from past people what do you do? do u go early or wait, thanks so much.

hello, I had a quick question, I have been on 11 princess cruises but never out of Brooklyn, I heard that Brooklyn is more strict in boarding times? is this correct? I always go early with priority boarding, and am usually one of the first groups boarding, for the new England cruise I have gotten several emails stating time to board like between 2-3, to me this day in port counts as my cruise and I want to get on as soon as possible.....so from past people what do you do? do u go early or wait, thanks so much.

When we sailed out of Brooklyn last year we arrived around 10:30 AM and were on board the Regal Princess before noon.

Had a nice lunch in the one open dining room. I forgot which one it was but lunch is served until 1:30PM

Howard

If your ship just arrived in the U.S. from Europe then it is very likely boarding will be delayed due to immigration and other inspections, otherwise boarding will be normal.

We have sailed out of Red Hook many times.

Never had them enforce boarding times any more than other ports.

We get there by 10:00am and boarding usually starts around 11:30-12:00 as long as there are no issues from the prior cruise. (as noted in the prior post)

As long as I can remember I have received notices like that, As other posted, ignore it.

We have cruised out of Brooklyn a few times and always boarded before noon.  The initial boarding time can be impacted by delays caused due to the US Authorities (this is more common when a ship is just returning to the USA and scheduled for a Coast Guard Inspection.  On our prior cruises from this port there has been no enforcement of specific boarding times.

Hank

I just cruised on the Regal from Brooklyn last week.  We arrived at the pier at 10:30 and were on board eating at Alfredo's by 11:45.  We're Platinum so we were in the first group, but there were LOTS of people there early.

Edited by Paula_MacFan