Norwegian Escape Questions...Large Party

We are traveling as a large party with 5 guest rooms on the Norwegian Escape leaving in August. We are only 10 people but were forced into this number of cabins because they are only booking doubles now. Anyhow, we are 5 adults and 5 children ranging in age from 5 - 19. The original quote for 5 OV cabins with UBP and UDP was over $18k:eek:. Way over our budget. When we first priced out this trip a week ago we were at $14.5 with 3 balcony cabins and the promos, 2 were quads. So I played around and decided that we can live with 4 balcony cabins and one inside cabin. We took the UBP and UDP on 3 of the balconies. Brought our price into the budget.

Here are my questions, they made each child room with 1 adult so the UBP is being wasted on 3 children. The 19 year old is technically old enough for the beer and wine but she was given the soda package. Not sure if they will give her the UBP for free.

(2) Also, we have OBC in the three balcony cabins with the promos. Can we use the money to purchase the dining package for the two cabins without it? The kids under 12, I was told, are free to eat in the dining room.

(3) I read that each key card is allowed to obtain 2 beverages. Is that a fact? I seem to remember my husband having to carry my card around when he would head to the bar.

Thank you for all of the help. I am the one planning the extended family vacation and I am spending other peoples money. Trying to make sure we understand our rights correctly.

Being relatively new to NCL, the only thing I can speak to is question number 3. On our last cruise on the Epic, my husband was able to get two drinks with just his card.

I hope you all have a wonderful time on your cruise!

CM

BTW...sounds like you had to go through quite a few hoops to get this booked and within budget. Did you book directly through NCL or did you use a TA?

Being relatively new to NCL, the only thing I can speak to is question number 3. On our last cruise on the Epic, my husband was able to get two drinks with just his card.

I hope you all have a wonderful time on your cruise!

CM

BTW...sounds like you had to go through quite a few hoops to get this booked and within budget. Did you book directly through NCL or did you use a TA?

I booked with an NCL agent. He has booked me in the past and I am more than thrilled with his help. I would be happy to pass along his name and number.

We are traveling as a large party with 5 guest rooms on the Norwegian Escape leaving in August. We are only 10 people but were forced into this number of cabins because they are only booking doubles now. Anyhow, we are 5 adults and 5 children ranging in age from 5 - 19. The original quote for 5 OV cabins with UBP and UDP was over $18k:eek:. Way over our budget. When we first priced out this trip a week ago we were at $14.5 with 3 balcony cabins and the promos, 2 were quads. So I played around and decided that we can live with 4 balcony cabins and one inside cabin. We took the UBP and UDP on 3 of the balconies. Brought our price into the budget.

Here are my questions, they made each child room with 1 adult so the UBP is being wasted on 3 children. The 19 year old is technically old enough for the beer and wine but she was given the soda package. Not sure if they will give her the UBP for free.

(2) Also, we have OBC in the three balcony cabins with the promos. Can we use the money to purchase the dining package for the two cabins without it? The kids under 12, I was told, are free to eat in the dining room.

(3) I read that each key card is allowed to obtain 2 beverages. Is that a fact? I seem to remember my husband having to carry my card around when he would head to the bar.

Thank you for all of the help. I am the one planning the extended family vacation and I am spending other peoples money. Trying to make sure we understand our rights correctly.

Your booking should have been done as a group cruise because 10 people/5 cabins should be put together as a group offering extra perks, OBC, free passengers, 4 dinners instead of 3, etc.

Your booking should have been done as a group cruise because 10 people/5 cabins should be put together as a group offering extra perks, OBC, free passengers, 4 dinners instead of 3, etc.

Hmmm...we booked guaranteed rooms because of cost. No clue if they will be anywhere near each other. The balcony cabins can usually accommodate more than 2 so we are hoping to leave one room empty and my sisters family will be together.

They can get beer and wine with the parents signature but they will have to pay as they go.

This is correct, our 19 and 20 year olds got a free soda package and had to pay oop for beer and wine, and we were in a connecting cabin, so had to book one of us parents in each cabin.

Hmmm...we booked guaranteed rooms because of cost. No clue if they will be anywhere near each other. The balcony cabins can usually accommodate more than 2 so we are hoping to leave one room empty and my sisters family will be together.
In the very unlikely event there is an emergency make sure your sister's family go to the correct muster station..... that's where they are accounted.

This is correct, our 19 and 20 year olds got a free soda package and had to pay oop for beer and wine, and we were in a connecting cabin, so had to book one of us parents in each cabin.

Thank you. This is making me nutso...I guess I am not surprised.

Thank you. This is making me nutso...I guess I am not surprised.

Before the UBP perk, you could book young adults under 21 in a connecting, adjoining, or across the hallway cabin. Dd was a month shy of her 21st birthday, I do think that if a waiver is signed, they should be eligible for the corks and caps package, but it wasn’t the case.

Before the UBP perk, you could book young adults under 21 in a connecting, adjoining, or across the hallway cabin. Dd was a month shy of her 21st birthday, I do think that if a waiver is signed, they should be eligible for the corks and caps package, but it wasn’t the case.

It is a way to keep them in our pocketbook. I get it but that is the reason why I refused to pay for 5 rooms with the beverage package. Not really free. An extra $600 per cabin for 1 adult to drink. Seemed like a lot of money when my sister and I are not heavy drinkers.

What about the beer and wine? Only have to be 18 with a parent signature.

Correct. They can purchase beer and wine with parental permission. They can’t have the UBP. That was the question I answered.

Just a clarification with 10 people 5 staterooms they would get 1 person free and their choice of 2 perks from a list of perks for the first 2 people in each stateroom. Dinning package number of dinners is dependent on length of the cruise. as a GTY booking the rooms may or may not be near each other. 7 staterooms are required to constitute as a group booking and then there would be additional perks.

Just a clarification with 10 people 5 staterooms they would get 1 person free and their choice of 2 perks from a list of perks for the first 2 people in each stateroom. Dinning package number of dinners is dependent on length of the cruise. as a GTY booking the rooms may or may not be near each other. 7 staterooms are required to constitute as a group booking and then there would be additional perks.

Options for Group Cruising

Norwegian Cruise Line is thrilled to offer the following benefits and amenities for you to customize your group's needs.

For every 10 passengers and 5 cabins, 1 cruises free

PLUS your choice from the following amenities:

• Choose Two:
  • Choice of Ultimate Beverage Package*
  • 250-minute Internet package
  • $50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit
  • Specialty Dining Package*^
  • Cocktail Party
  • 20 Image Photo Package
  • $75 Onboard Credit
  • $75 Fundraiser Credit
  • Commitment Ceremony

PLUS an additional onboard credit, dependent on your stateroom category

*For first and second guest in each stateroom. UBP is not available on All-Inclusive sailings or Pride of America. 20% gratuity will be applied.

^Number of package days dependent on cruise length

I booked with an NCL agent. He has booked me in the past and I am more than thrilled with his help. I would be happy to pass along his name and number.

An NCL agent is looking out for NCL. A reliable travel agent will look out for you. Same price, better service.

Options for Group Cruising

Norwegian Cruise Line is thrilled to offer the following benefits and amenities for you to customize your group's needs.

For every 10 passengers and 5 cabins, 1 cruises free

PLUS your choice from the following amenities:

• Choose Two:
  • Choice of Ultimate Beverage Package*
  • 250-minute Internet package
  • $50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit
  • Specialty Dining Package*^
  • Cocktail Party
  • 20 Image Photo Package
  • $75 Onboard Credit
  • $75 Fundraiser Credit
  • Commitment Ceremony

PLUS an additional onboard credit, dependent on your stateroom category

*For first and second guest in each stateroom. UBP is not available on All-Inclusive sailings or Pride of America. 20% gratuity will be applied.

^Number of package days dependent on cruise length

here is the rest of the info from the above referenced page:

Things To Note:

• Group space is limited. Contact us today for pricing and availability.
  • Group cruise discounts and amenities are not available on some sailings.
  • Amenity options shown apply for group space held after June 15, 2018. When booking through a travel professional please confirm with them which amenities your group will receive.
  • Daily promotions and Sail Away rates are not combinable.
  • 7 cabins are required to constitute as a group.

Our cruise is in 22 days. We are going in 2018.

This is likely why you can’t make it a group. As someone posted earlier in the thread, group space is limited. Most groups are planned far in advance. Unless a cruise is really empty, I don’t see there being group space so close to sailing.

If I recall, if the adult 18-20 year old is guest # 1 or #2 in the room their soda package can be upgraded on board to corks and caps. You need to go to guest services upon boarding and pay the service charge and sign permission slip. Doug does it for his daughter on cruises, check out his lives.

Sent from my iPad using Forums