Disembarkation in Barcelona - Symphony

Roselea24

I'm booked on the Symphony in April 18 and looking at flights and considering a 1030 departure. As an independent traveller, can you choose to self-disembark as on NCL? Also, which terminal will the ship use? Wondering if it'll be chaotic for the first few sailings...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just do self assist and you will be absolutely fine (assuming ship docks on time) we always do this when sailing from Barcelona plenty of taxis waiting at the port and it's only about a twenty to twenty five minute €39 fixed fare never had a problem with a 10.15 flight back to the UK.

I'm booked on the Symphony in April 18 and looking at flights and considering a 1030 departure. As an independent traveller, can you choose to self-disembark as on NCL? Also, which terminal will the ship use? Wondering if it'll be chaotic for the first few sailings...

Self-assist disembarkation is available on RC also. You will likely be at Moll Adossat.

Yes, you could do it on Rhapsody, but you won’t probably be the only one doing it. The drive to the airport is 30 minutes without traffic on a Sunday. We had to stand in line a good 15 minutes for a taxi, but that was around 9. Just telling you this so you have a time slot

Cindy

This question comes up often and fellow CC members based on their experience usually say with great confidence that it is doable and everything will be fine if you do self disembark.

I agree with them that it is all doable if everything goes fine like ship arrives on time, there are no problems with customs clearance etc. I have done quite a few cruises from Barcelona and it is usually the case that everything does go smoothly as others have suggested.

However, sometimes things go wrong or there is an unexpected disruption. So I like to be a voice of caution and advise against taking risks especially if you are unfamiliar with the port. My advice would be to book a flight in the afternoon or in the evening to avoid possible delays that might result in you missing your flight.

We were on Allure a couple of years ago. They used 2 terminals so best to check your documentation for details. Disembarkation was really smooth but embarkation was chaos and poorly managed.

Based on my experiences with Harmony (2016) and Allure (2015):

Symphony will use two terminals, B and C (C are the aft cabins / luggage tags with even numbers, B the forward cabins / luggage tags with odd numbers).

On Harmony Express Departure was 6:15 am til 7:30 am.

First colors were 6.30 am, last ended 9:30 am.

RCI transfers for early flights (10 am - noon) were 6:45 am.

A 10:30 am flight is doable.

steamboats

RCI transfers for late flights (past noon) were 8:45 am.

Thank you. I would hope Symphony would operate in a similar way to the Harmony. We've had no issues previously with the Epic, Spirit and Preziosa but they're slightly smaller ships with tried and tested procedures.

Based on my experiences with Harmony (2016) and Allure (2015):

Symphony will use two terminals, B and C (C are the aft cabins / luggage tags with even numbers, B the forward cabins / luggage tags with odd numbers).

On Harmony Express Departure was 6:15 am til 7:30 am.

First colors were 6.30 am, last ended 9:30 am.

RCI transfers for early flights (10 am - noon) were 6:45 am.

A 10:30 am flight is doable.

steamboats

RCI transfers for late flights (past noon) were 8:45 am.

Although the terminals are next to each other we found the B terminal which was used for the smaller Freedom has twice as many taxis waiting for customers.

Service is quicker if you carry your own cases off the ship and depart earlier because queues for taxis in June when we got off at 9.30am were horrendous.

Thank you. I would hope Symphony would operate in a similar way to the Harmony. We've had no issues previously with the Epic, Spirit and Preziosa but they're slightly smaller ships with tried and tested procedures.

Pretty likely... it was the same for Allure and Oasis (although I only disembarked after the TA).

steamboats

Although the terminals are next to each other we found the B terminal which was used for the smaller Freedom has twice as many taxis waiting for customers.

Service is quicker if you carry your own cases off the ship and depart earlier because queues for taxis in June when we got off at 9.30am were horrendous.

Never had any problems with taxis in Barcelona. They are pretty well organized and even when there´s a long queue you don´t have to wait too long. 9:30 am is not a good time as by then all pax have to be off the ship. Of course you encounter longer lines by that time.

steamboats

Never had any problems with taxis in Barcelona. They are pretty well organized and even when there´s a long queue you don´t have to wait too long. 9:30 am is not a good time as by then all pax have to be off the ship. Of course you encounter longer lines by that time.

steamboats

Yes we have sailed around 7 times from Barcelona and the taxis are well organised but we left later than usual and the queues were twice the length as we usually experience so we will get off earlier again next time.

Thank you that information. It will really help. I might book for the 9.24 train and do self disembarkation. If I miss that train I will just have to buy another ticket and put it down to experience.

I never thought that a ship would need two terminals. My cabin is at the bow of ship. I suppose the Oasis class carry so many passengers they need more terminal space. When we embarked on Royal Clipper we were docked almost at the end of Las Rambla very close to our hotel. Stupidly I had pre booked a car to transfer us. I could have walked it in the same time.

Thank you again, Stephen.

We self disembarked in September. We were in a suite and walked off at 6:30. We grabbed a taxi, there was a long line even at 6:30. Got to the airport at 7am. The Delta counter was not open, there were no signs for Delta, they put them away and set up each day. It opened at 7:45. Hint: if you have already checked in you can go to the self check kiosk to print boarding passes and go to the line for luggage dropoff.

We were sitting at the gate at 8:10.

We self disembarked in September. We were in a suite and walked off at 6:30. We grabbed a taxi, there was a long line even at 6:30. Got to the airport at 7am. The Delta counter was not open, there were no signs for Delta, they put them away and set up each day. It opened at 7:45. Hint: if you have already checked in you can go to the self check kiosk to print boarding passes and go to the line for luggage dropoff.

We were sitting at the gate at 8:10.

Meant to say long line of taxis waiting not people.