Are you taking more cruises to be grandfathered in as platinum?

adamt

We've got a cruise booked for November (we usually cruise at this time), however we're currently looking to book another shorter cruise, maybe a cruise to nowhere, to get us to our 10th carnival cruise.

We had originally misunderstood and thought the cut off was Dec 2012. and I was ready to go take a cruise to nowhere solo in order to get to this benefit.

Is anyone else close to platinum?

Likewise, is anybody close that probably won't get the opportunity to get their cruises in before Dec 2013?

I'll say it this way, yes and no. Great way to be decisive, huh? Well, instead of taking our normal 7 or 8 day cruise, we have taken two 5 days trips. I'm taking our daughter on a 5 day, but that is what we would have done no matter what.

We are also planning another B2B with friends for the winter to get DH to platinum before our traditional longer cruise in the fall. Clear as mud?:confused:

We've got a cruise booked for November (we usually cruise at this time), however we're currently looking to book another shorter cruise, maybe a cruise to nowhere, to get us to our 10th carnival cruise.

We had originally misunderstood and thought the cut off was Dec 2012. and I was ready to go take a cruise to nowhere solo in order to get to this benefit.

Likewise, is anybody close that probably won't get the opportunity to get their cruises in before Dec 2013?

We will sorta be close. By September next year we will have 7 cruises with Carnival. I just cannot squeeze in 3 more between now and then. Not financially or time wise with work lol. I would if I could but it's just not in the cards.:rolleyes:

Our PVP gave us the heads up that changes were coming and we really wanted to get to Platinum fast to take some short cruises and we'd be very happy that we did. He was right. We're very happy that we reached Platinum with only 43 days.

Well, we have farther to go. I will have 8 after Oct. and Nov. cruises, husband will have 6. We are looking at a couple in the spring and then hope to get two more next fall. We are retired, so don't have to worry about getting time off from work.

Peggy

It sounds like Carnival really did itself a favor when developing this new policy. It sounds like lots of folks are in the same boat I am (pun intended).

Scrambling to book more cruises in order to reach platinum status. I'll have around 50 days when I get mine.

No, we just don't think the perks are worth changing our current cruise habits. Next year we have cruises book with other cruise lines and I'm not going to try to squeeze in extra Carnival cruises just to get priority boarding. No big deal, it can wait.

We definately are....we are going on a three day just to get to Platinum status, we normally take 7 or 8 days....we are taking one Thanksgiving and then Spring Break will be our 10th one. I remember my husband calling me at work and telling me the program had changed....we decided to hurry up and get to Platinum.

I'm Platinum and have been for some years, and I honestly don't understand why anyone would spend extra money for extra cruises just to reach the platinum level. But then I don't get the entire loyalty program with cruise lines. None of them offer anything exciting enough for me to book one line exclusively just to move up the ladder. I book for itinerary and price and not to get a free drink at a party, or a couple of bags or free laundry. I never have understood cruising on one line only - kind of like going to the same land based resort year after year or only going to one restaurant every week - boring. Just me, but I'd much rather try something new and expand my horizons.

We have our first B2B booked on the Breeze in Nov/Dec, then another B2B booked on the Liberty in Jan/Feb. These 4 cruises take us to 9 cruises so it seemed silly not to just squeeze one more in before the end of next year.

We live in Kansas so taking shorter cruises isn't worth the cost of the airline tickets which is why we decided to try B2B's. Two cruises for the price of one airline ticket.

If we like the B2B's then we will book another one for next fall which will take us to 10.

I am with Mek. I do not want to take a bunch of cruises to hit Platinum, the same as not getting a sandwich card from the local lunch place where my 12th sub is free. I never keep track of that stuff enough to make it worth while and I do not want to go to 1 place, even if I like it, all the time so I can get a little back. Not my style.

We had booked cruises 6&7 before the change I think and possibly #8. We'll do the first two in a week and the other in Jan. These were all booked for b'day and anniversary gifts (had to cancel one in Jan. of this year). We moved to FL recently to be able to cruise easily. So yeah, we'll try to get in a couple more in '13 to get to platinum. We'll do FTTF next week.

we are 5 away but we have a cruise in Nov then will be on a B2B in Feb then one Nov for the family and planing one for me and the wife to get away from the kido's so we will be grandfathered in, its been about 3 years cents our last cruise so i'm coming back with a vengeance:D

Possibly. As of now I'll have 8 cruises by the end of next summer. We're planning our 15 year class reunion on a cruise- a quick 3 or 4 day- so that will be my #9. I'll probably make it a B2B and that will give me my 10. If the reunion falls through and we don't go, then no, I won't be booking 2 more cruises just for that reason.

I am sorta. We had 7 booked already as our normal cruise and then coworkers wasted to go away so that made 8.

9 is a family cruise to Bermuda that I already wanted to do and 10 is our yearly end of the year trip we take.

My master plan(lol) was to take a B2B and I still want to next year.

I did it back in 2009...I was just back from Europe on Oosterdam in April, and I booked the Dream TA for Oct. I had six cruises on Carnival, but wanted VIP boarding in rome, and free laundry on the 16 day cruise. The planets lined up, the Swine Flu scare came along, and I booked B2B 7 day cruises on Splendor to Canada, for peanuts. Then I took a 3 day on Sensation, and I was set to be platinum when I boarded Dream in Rome. Laundry was good, but VIP boarding was a wash. By the time we got to the pier, after our 'transfer with tour of Vatican', there was noone else checking in, and we even missed muster drill. EM

Archived