Straws on the NCL Dawn?

blueflower1968

Thanks. They are paper, I suppose, are they not?

No, they're not. Here's the description:

Clear Plastic Biodegradable Straws 200 Bulk Pack. Reduce Your Carbon Footprint With a Compostable, Plant-Based, Eco-Friendly Drinking Straw! Individually Wrapped, Proudly USA Grown and No Petroleum!

Last year on Escape, I brought my own plastic straws just for the use of my 32 oz. water bottle that I brought on board for use in my cabin. I only brought 7 straws with me (so I could use a new straw in my bottle each day of the cruise). I disposed of each one in my cabin trash can. Will I be allowed to bring these straws aboard next month even though they are plastic? Or will they be confiscated? Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I did not read the entire thread.

You can bring them onboard. They are not banned yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was on the Gem in June, they still put stirrers in drinks sometimes and would always give you one if you asked. They are the little bamboo ones with a knot in the top. Not plastic stirrers.

You could also pick up one of the wooden coffee stirrers from the drink stations. That's what I did when I needed a stirrer. I really didn't miss the straws at all.

We're generally happy to share. Your suggestion means we will take extras for sharing.

It was more of a joke than a suggestion. :) I just think it's funny how people seem so panicked about not having straws. It's amazing how fast you get used to not having one. Probably about half of the restaurants we go to at home now don't give them out anymore.

Does anyone else remember years ago when Johnny Carson joked there was a shortage of toilet paper? Within a couple days the stores were sold out! It was just a joke, but people panicked. Get a grip, people. You will be able to find straws. Biodegradable is good, but you’ll be able to find some kind of straw somewhere. Bring your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going to bring a bunch of disposable plastic straws. I am going to give the first one away to get them hooked. Then I am going to charge $5 per straw once they are addicted to that plastic straw.

You stole my idea [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums